• The KillerFrogs

Last Post

To my Killer Frogs.com and TCU family

If you are reading this it can only mean one thing, that I pass from this earth and started my next adventure.

I wish that I could’ve been here to deliver this message personally to each of you, look in the eyes, shake your hands perhaps give you a hug and thank you for all that you’ve meant to me the last 20+ years. It is been one hell of a ride.

All of you have been my friends, my family, my support group and a source of common sense and good judgment for me and I thank you for that.

It is been my pleasure and great honor to have been your master ceremonies on Killer Frogs.com.

Many of you I’ve got to know personally and I consider you to be good friends. Unfortunately, there’re a lot of you whom I have not had the great pleasure of meeting and that is my loss as I think all of us could have become great friends.

Little did I know, that in 1997, when seven of us started Killer Frogs.com, that it would become the powerhouse site that is now.

It is been a great source of pride for me to watch traffic grow and exceed all expectations and we owe it all to you, the TCU fan.

Thank you so much.

To all of you who prayed for me, kept me in your thoughts and sent well wishes to me throughout my bout with cancer, I cannot tell you how much I appreciated it. I want you to know that I fought as hard as I could and my doctor fired as many bullets possible at this disease but sometimes your face a foe that is bigger, stronger and is better armed. Such was the case with this cancer. I fought this disease until hell froze over then I put on my skates to fight it on the ice. It was just a better skater that I was.

I’ll leave now with this. For the bottom of my heart, thank you for making my life so much richer.

God bless you and Go Frogs

Wes

We love you Wes go with God now.

PurplePassion

Princess
Pearly gates this afternoon:
Nix2WEB-500x333.gif

Dammit. I didn't tear up until you posted this.

westoverhillbilly

Wes, So Mote IT Be! (a masonic term of God's will be done as Wes had become a Mason late in his life)..

When I met Wes at a Frog Fan Forum circa '97 or '98, we discovered that he and my sister and brother-in-law went thru Arlington Heights together.. He was always cheerful and kind and he kept this site as civil as he could and wouldn't hesitate to tell you when you overstepped which he had to do to me once and I never did again out of fear of disappointing him- the ultimate sign of respect.. We'll all miss you..

dawg

Eternal rest, grant unto Wes, O LORD, and let perpetual light shine upon him.
Requiescat in pace.

I never met you, Wes, but I felt as though you were something like a cousin living in another state. I prayed for you during your illness, and I pray now for for your blessed repose. Say hi to my dad; as big a TCU fan as he was, he probably already introduced himself. Thank you (and Scott) for this wonderful (well, often wonderful) forum and community you created.

My very deepest condolences to your family. May their grief be tempered by your entrance in to your eternal reward.

Eight

“Just as ripples spread out when a single pebble is dropped into water, the actions of individuals can have far-reaching effects."

very, very few people have a truly lingering impact on the lives of the people they interact with as we all rush through our days at a pace the is frantic bordering on reckless

then you have the people who are a true blessing as is wes phelan. i won't say "was" because wes will have an impact long after his time on earth.

not because of this website, his love for tcu, or such that as his core he was a man of decency with is sadly rare and truly carried a spirit of light and hope for all he encountered to experience.

no matter how dark got for him with things in life he always had that spirit of hope and he knew he was blessed. that spirit is the stone that wes toss into our lives and the as those ripples spread out it is our opportunity to learn from people like wes and micah ahern to live lives of hope