• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football is in no rush to make staff changes, despite disappointing 5-7 season

LawFrog504

This is just so bad. How the scheiss can anyone justify not making a single change to this staff? How many 4 star QB's do we need to torture before we finally get a wake up call. LSU makes the NY6 last year and completely overhauls the offense. If we made the NY6 we would all saddle up on horseback and beat out chests to the city of Cowtown! Gary would have lifetime immunity if we ever sniffed another NY6 (alamo bowl doesn't count, sorry cowboys).

Our OC makes over a million dollars to put forth the absolute garbage product we have produced the last 3-4 years. As much as I love 3 hopping balls at the feet of Pro Wells every drive, get someone the scheiss in here that has actually thrown, caught, or used a football before to use some of this talent. Donati is too spineless to ever speak out against GP, so it's likely nothing will ever happen and I will continue to pay $11.99 for michelobs on 7th street.

If you don't think we need to change the entire offensive staff, I just don't know what to tell you. Our offense sucks [ the old ricardo ]

McGregor's Goat

GP knows that the offense is bad, but he seems to think that it can be turned around without firing Cumbie or making any significant staff changes. I think he's wrong, and I think our offense will be awful again next year, but I recognize that GP knows vastly more about football than I ever will. Still, I thought he had a chance to avoid going down the same path as Mark Dantonio, and I think he's in the process of blowing it. If he proves me wrong I'll certainly admit it. I hope I'm wrong.

RoyaltyWorePurple

This is just so bad. How the scheiss can anyone justify not making a single change to this staff? How many 4 star QB's do we need to torture before we finally get a wake up call. LSU makes the NY6 last year and completely overhauls the offense. If we made the NY6 we would all saddle up on horseback and beat out chests to the city of Cowtown! Gary would have lifetime immunity if we ever sniffed another NY6 (alamo bowl doesn't count, sorry cowboys).

Our OC makes over a million dollars to put forth the absolute garbage product we have produced the last 3-4 years. As much as I love 3 hopping balls at the feet of Pro Wells every drive, get someone the scheiss in here that has actually thrown, caught, or used a football before to use some of this talent. Donati is too spineless to ever speak out against GP, so it's likely nothing will ever happen and I will continue to pay $11.99 for michelobs on 7th street.

If you don't think we need to change the entire offensive staff, I just don't know what to tell you. Our offense sucks [ the old ricardo ]
You. Are. Such. A. Beating.

Moose, you are more far more dialed in than I on talent/recruiting. My thinking on talent/experience is based on losses on the OL, DL, and WR to the normal graduation, declaring for the NFL and so on. We may have talented players filling those vacancies but they lack experience and usually that means they struggle for a year. Truly hope I am wrong though as I'd prefer not to sit through another wet fart of a football season.

Moose Stuff

Moose, you are more far more dialed in than I on talent/recruiting. My thinking on talent/experience is based on losses on the OL, DL, and WR to the normal graduation, declaring for the NFL and so on. We may have talented players filling those vacancies but they lack experience and usually that means they struggle for a year. Truly hope I am wrong though as I'd prefer not to sit through another wet fart of a football season.

Well we don’t know if we’re losing anything on the DL yet, the only decent OL we had was hurt all year, and the WR had games this year where I didn’t know he was on the field. Ross is the only one of those that truly hurts us if he declares. As for the rest of the team, we have a ton of “talent”. Talent is not the issue IMO.

Frog-in-law1995

Gary isn’t waiting until after early signing day to make coaching changes. That would be a completely [ Finebaum ]ty thing to do, and he’s not a [ Finebaum ]ty person.

texas_sicilian

Gary isn’t waiting until after early signing day to make coaching changes. That would be a completely [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]ty thing to do, and he’s not a [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]ty person.
I didn’t read that to mean we would intentionally delay pushing someone out, but why crap on your offense (by virtue of announcing any material changes) until we’re past that date.

Frog-in-law1995

I didn’t read that to mean we would intentionally delay pushing someone out, but why crap on your offense (by virtue of announcing any material changes) until we’re past that date.

What reason would there be to wait until after signing day except to secure a recruit that would otherwise decommit?

Gary isn’t waiting until after early signing day to make coaching changes. That would be a completely [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]ty thing to do, and he’s not a [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]ty person.

But it doesn't mean he isn't going to move coaches around (maybe to non-coaching positions or help them get coaching jobs at other schools) to make room for someone to come in and help get TCU's offense back on track????

PO Frog

These are the same kind of posts I saw in 2013 after a similar offensive year, and big changes ended up being made. So let's give the guy a chance before we going nuts. He knows the status quo cannot continue. Why do like the Texas guy and fire everyone before you have a chance to see who's available?
They are also the same kinds of posts that were made last year, when we got the “I evaluate my coaches on a two-year basis” nonsense. Nothing happened.

They are also the same kinds of posts that were made last year, when we got the “I evaluate my coaches on a two-year basis” nonsense. Nothing happened.

What are you talking about. Gary moved Burns to an analyst and hired a new WR coach. On defense Gary moved coaches around and didn't he officially hire Modkins to a position coach or was that the year before?