• The KillerFrogs

2019-2020 college basketball thread

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
The better your preconference resume the more leeway you have in conference. I think you know that Peace.
But I think Peace's point is more about the fact that for all we know we will go 14-4 or 4-14 in conference and none of nonconference will matter much in terms of making the dance. And I agree with him that it's unnecessary worry to sweat a loss by an opponent right now. I'm kind of thinking it will be one of the two, either we're definitely in or definitely not this year.

Farmfrog

All right Satis I think RB was saying that any loss for a team that we lost to in non conference makes it more difficult for us to get in. Say we go 10-3 in non league play how many games will we need to win in conference to sniff the tourney. It would be a lot easier to get in if we go 12-1 in OOC play instead of 10-3. Non conference games have more bearing than people think.

Skip Jansen

All right Satis I think RB was saying that any loss for a team that we lost to in non conference makes it more difficult for us to get in. Say we go 10-3 in non league play how many games will we need to win in conference to sniff the tourney. It would be a lot easier to get in if we go 12-1 in OOC play instead of 10-3. Non conference games have more bearing than people think.

FF-

RB needs you to speak for him more often. Impressive.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I'm all for worrying when worrying is important. I'm not worrying right now

Rose Bowl

I'm all for worrying when worrying is important. I'm not worrying right now

I could go on a real tangent but I won’t. This attitude is very pervasive within the Frog fan community. The real problem is nobody is even thinking basketball or care if they make the tourney.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I could go on a real tangent but I won’t. This attitude is very pervasive within the Frog fan community. The real problem is nobody is even thinking basketball or care if they make the tourney.
Let me state it this way: the frogs could lose the rest of their games. Then what Clemson does doesn’t matter. The frogs could win the rest of their games. Then what Clemson does doesn’t matter. Probabilities would show it will fall somewhere in between those two opposite results. The closer to the bubble TCU is the more I will worry about opponents’ records. To me it’s just too early to waste time worrying about things completely out of my, and TCU’s, control. If you choose to spend the next few months worrying that’s your prerogative. And if you think that makes you a fan that cares and anybody that doesn’t think like you then, by your definition, doesn’t care, then you are just being condescending to a bunch of people who spend a lot of time and money supporting the team.

And to whoever it was that pointed out 12-1 is better than 10-3, thank you. I had no idea. That’s a brand new concept to me. Can’t belive I didn’t know that until today.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I'm a season ticket holder who actually goes to games even Southwestern. So actually that's the opposite of how I feel.

Im thinking y'all must not have enough stress in your lives that you seek out more. I may not have as much as some, but I got enough that I sure as [ Finebaum ] ain't gonna sit there and vex in late November over the fact that Clemson snuck up on us or whether they lost to so and so. If they'd have beaten us in the first round of the tourney I'd be devastated. But it's not. It's November and if we want to make the tourney it is still all within our grasp. Go win Big 12 games and leave no doubt. And we will either do so, or we will not be good enough to dance. I hope it's the former.

Last edited:

Rose Bowl

Where did I say I was worried? I said I it didn’t look good on our resume which is true. Quit being so sensitive.

I never said I was a nice guy. I have some hot takes that most people don’t like but I’m not going to back down from them.

Eight

watching tech and depaul and the defensive intensity of this game is impressive for it being played in december

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Where did I say I was worried? I said I it didn’t look good on our resume which is true. Quit being so sensitive.

I never said I was a nice guy. I have some hot takes that most people don’t like but I’m not going to back down from them.

Wait, are you the guy that was sending out tweets complaining about the the old people sitting in club seats and how that wasn’t fair?

Skip Jansen

This is a general question that has nothing to do with any particular spat -

Do message boards make people argumentative or are combative people attracted to message boards?