• Fire Offensive Staff and make great hires

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • Demote Cumbie and hire an OC for play calling

Votes: 52 45.2%
  • No changes and we suffer another year

Votes: 37 32.2%

• Total voters

Realtorfrog

My take on a new OC is this. They are typically quirky and want to be left alone to design and create...., I think most are scared of GP’s demeanor on the sideline and probably hold things closer to the vest than they normally would as to not get yelled at or in the doghouse which makes sense. I think we need to hire a OC that is like Patterson on the field and will bark right back and take control then it will be a different perception. As long as they get along off the field is the key..... not sure who this OC is or if Patterson would even entertain the idea but it’s what we need!! Go Frogs!!

Last edited:

Tumbleweed

Fire Cumbie, demote Cumbie, resign Cumbie.... won’t matter unless CGP can adjust either the way he thinks or letting the OC do what he does best regardless of the defense... and can CGP win a natty?... not so sure now on the last point even though I sure want him too... him and Kelsey are great people... that is why Lavell Edwards stayed so long after he won a NC with BYU...everybody loved him and winning a natty helped obviously

Some really interesting thoughts, here. First of all, I agree. Believe I read someone suggested we keep Cumbie and his salary, then go out and hire a hot shot for the offense. Believe it or not, TCU like everyone else, has a budget they have to conform to. For as long as I can remember and thats been a long, long time, TCU never overspends on assistant coaches. Never, never think Gary Patterson is going to let the offense overshadow his defense. Never! That is his identify, that is what he knows and it's been pretty good for this university. One thought I have is, these young top guns have figured out Gary's defense and they can control most of it. Gary on the other hand, just makes it more complicated to offset. See the circle? Kids today are a wee bit different in ideas than five or six years ago. TCU is I think in a pickle, your damned if you do and your damned if you don't. Not an easy answer with this one. But this is known, many generous boosters have invested millions in this program and this school. Made it a top notch facility that can puff out its chest and smile of pride. So, who grabs hold of the handlebars on this bicycle??

NewFrogFan

Who was the realistic grad transfer that wanted to come to TCU that we could have taken instead and won more games because of it?

I want to see what a healthy Baldwin can do, I am not as “sold” on Duggan as others. It would help to have Jamarr Chase, Justin Jefferson and Terence Marshall type WR. I do like TE and RB, not sure what OL will look like.

NewFrogFan

All those teams can go scheisse themselves. Our talent is as good as theirs. We used to get less raw talent and coached them into NFL caliber players. But we used to have the coaches to get them there.

Patterson needs to redirect himself and his coaches and get the right people around him. He has now been loyal to the wrong group of bozos for far too long.

I have watched every TCU game and every LSU game this year, I can comfortably say that as far as offenses go,(talent) you are wrong, really wrong, in fact, not even close. If Cumbie had called 60% of the pass plays over the middle as Brady did, perhaps TCU would have seen more offensive production assuming the passes were caught.

Moose Stuff

I want to see what a healthy Baldwin can do, I am not as “sold” on Duggan as others. It would help to have Jamarr Chase, Justin Jefferson and Terence Marshall type WR. I do like TE and RB, not sure what OL will look like.

I’d be thrilled if Baldwin is good enough to beat out Max. Nothing at all against Max either. That would just mean Baldwin is pretty damn good.

4th. down

I have watched every TCU game and every LSU game this year, I can comfortably say that as far as offenses go,(talent) you are wrong, really wrong, in fact, not even close. If Cumbie had called 60% of the pass plays over the middle as Brady did, perhaps TCU would have seen more offensive production assuming the passes were caught.

Yeah but that's where most of our interceptions came from - a little time warp between Buggan and Burrow.

At this point it is doubtful any real changes will take place. Whatever shuffle does happen will be to little to late and serve as lip service only. Sadly with the stale coaching and the frogs diminished talent/experience, next season sets up to be even more disappointing than the past 2. Honest question, at what point will enough be enough? Is it 4-8, 3-9, 2-10, or 1-11 record that will force change or is this a contract for life free of any accountability?

NewFrogFan

At this point it is doubtful any real changes will take place. Whatever shuffle does happen will be to little to late and serve as lip service only. Sadly with the stale coaching and the frogs diminished talent/experience, next season sets up to be even more disappointing than the past 2. Honest question, at what point will enough be enough? Is it 4-8, 3-9, 2-10, or 1-11 record that will force change or is this a contract for life free of any accountability?

Offense sells tickets, some of TCU tickets are really expensive, so is parking. When both stop selling, (I think w/o changes there will be empty seats/spaces).
I have 3 parking spots in a lot that had lots of open spots at EVERY game this year, lot 4. FW Police used them all year. For comparison, I rented an RV spot across the street from the stadium at LSU/A&M for $200. The spot rents for the season $150 more than my lowly lot 4 parking spot.