• The KillerFrogs

Happy Birthday Wes! 12-3-1950

WhatTheFrog

Happy birthday, Wes. It's folks like you that make me regret not discovering this site much sooner. It's been a pleasure to know you and others that I've gotten to meet and befriend over the past few years that I've been a member here. You've been an inspiration and a true example of grace with the given circumstances. I continue to pray for you and those that you hold and hold you near and dear.

If only we had more like you...

Relic

So, so sorry to hear. I was afraid the many weeks without him posting was implicit news of the situation. I am sorry we never met, but I thank you Steel for bringing us the news. Wes, I pray your passing is as peaceful as possible and somehow, your birthday is good. Godspeed my unmet friend...

westoverhillbilly

steel, can you let his family know that if he wants/needs any help on the Masonic side I’d be honored to help. (I know he was getting involved in the lodge. Actually not sure if he completed any of the steps of focused on the medical stuff).

Happy birthday to you Wes..

Steel & Hometown Frog, if Wes has chosen to have a masonic service, I welcome the opportunity to be a small part of it (I can't remember near enough to play an active role).. The worshipful master of his lodge needs to know if he is choosing such a service assuming the service is in the same town as his lodge..

East Coast

Tier 1
Wes, Happy Birthday to a true Frog and a great gentleman. I will always remember the laughs and conversations we had the few times I met you at various events. My prayers are with you and your family.

Moose Stuff

Man..... this thread was hard to read. My first post on the original Frog Fan Forum was in 1996 (I think). I responded to a poster named Tired (who we now know as Wes) who was wondering whether there might be something better to do with his Saturdays than watch Pat Sullivan and his hopeless Horned Frogs. In my typical style I told him not to let the door hit him in the ass on the way out..... and Wes told me to go scheiss myself. I knew right then that we were gonna get along just great. Happy Birthday Wes!!! Rest easy, you’ve certainly earned it.

Horny4TCU

Happy Birthday, Wes. I only met you in person once at a Starbucks. I don't know if you would even remember me, but thank you so incredibly much for your dedication to Horned Frog Football and making this platform what it is today. You're a blessing to everyone you meet and have a smile that welcomes anyone to say hello.

Wes, it’s important for you to know that you will live on, not only in our hearts, but through every thread on this fan forum. I’m sure you and Scott will turn heaven into a gigantic tailgate Jesus will have his hands full with you two!

We will all come together in fellowship to celebrate you!

KillerFrogs, let’s decide when and where and wear our favorite TCU hat (Wes loves his ball caps!) and make sure the venue serves (Wes’ favorite) whisky . Fred’s, Dutch’s, Railhead all come to mind, but I’m open to suggestions.

We love you Wes.

Until we meet again,
Ryann

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
How we all feel...

sad-birthday.gif

How Wes will feel getting to watch the 2020 Frogs with his son in the best seat in the house...

200.gif

happy-birthday-wes-flying-t.gif

hometown frog

Happy birthday to you Wes..

Steel & Hometown Frog, if Wes has chosen to have a masonic service, I welcome the opportunity to be a small part of it (I can't remember near enough to play an active role).. The worshipful master of his lodge needs to know if he is choosing such a service assuming the service is in the same town as his lodge..
Sent you a PM westover

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Updated report from Claire:

“[Today] was just lovely. He had about 20 of his neighborhood friends come to wish him happy birthday and say farewell.Lots of bourbon and laughter. Wes had some bourbon on a little mouth swab. He couldn’t really communicate but he did recognize people. What a beautiful day for him - to know that he was so loved. Just heart-warming. Julia arrived and was happily reunited with her father. His brother, Robert, and Robert’s wife, are staying at a nearby hotel. They will all be here until Saturday. My brother left on Friday. Truly, he is so loved.”

0A8467E0-30E2-4837-A876-43ABD8DC53ED.jpeg

h/t steel for the update