Ok. St. 3-5
Oklahoma 1-7.
39-33

Mediocrity

Limey Frog

Non-losing records to all but two schools in the league is:

a) far better than the naysayers predicted
b) fairly good
c) especially pleasing in that we are even or better vs. our three in-state rivals
[* Texas, lolz]
d) comparatively satisfactory when you consider that in at least half of these years we have teams that our fanbase has collectively (rightly, I think) deemed to be thoroughly and unacceptably subpar (2013, 2016, 2018 & '19).

If you'd have told us in 2012 that we'd join the Big XII and suck for four of our first eight season but be no worse off than this I think we'd have been pleasantly surprised.

We're not that far away from national relevance, we're just not going to get back there with the current setup.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

Losing records to all but two schools in the league is:

b) fairly good
c) especially pleasing in that we are even or better vs. our three in-state rivals
[* Texas, lolz]
d) comparatively satisfactory when you consider that in at least half of these years we have teams that our fanbase has collectively (rightly, I think) deemed to be thoroughly and unacceptably subpar (2013, 2016, 2018 & '19).

If you'd have told us in 2012 that we'd join the Big XII and suck for four of our first eight season but be no worse off than this I think we'd have been pleasantly surprised.

We're not that far away from national relevance, we're just not going to get back there with the current setup.
We are not even in the discussion of national relevance now.
5 of our 8 conference seasons have bigger number in the wrong column.

Limey Frog

We are not even in the discussion of national relevance now.
5 of our 8 conference seasons have bigger number in the wrong column.

Also see: "Baylor three months ago." Or TCU prior to 2014, for that matter. So long as we're in a P5 league, we're only one good season from being back in the conversation. That's the good news. The bad news is that GP's cronies aren't going to lead us to that good season.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

Ok. You win technically. I’m not sure anyone looks at seasons in that perspective. But I’ll concede.
The premise of the op of the thread has more to do with league play. (I would guess to list how we hold up in a P5 conference) Over all, we have had only 2 losing regular seasons. 3 with the bowl loss in 2016, as you mentioned for overall.

Moose Stuff

NON-Losing records to all but two schools in the league is:

b) fairly good
[* Texas, lolz]

FIXED

Big Frog II

I am not happy with the last two years of football, however, those other teams had quite a monetary advantage over us for about 18 years. You include that with a perception advantage, I think we have done pretty good.

Now, if we can just fix this putrid offense, I believe we'll be right back at the top. Hear me Gary? Don't be afraid of a high powered offense. It's the way things are headed.