• The KillerFrogs

2019-2020 TCU basketball thread

Rose Bowl

Per Jon Rothstein, Josh LeBlanc will no longer be a part of the Georgetown program. I know we were high on him out of HS and seems like a good fit but not sure about the departure.

Big Frog II

Our FT average so far this year is 60.6%, last in the Big 12. I can't believe how long it's been since we have had a decent FT shooting team. This will come back to haunt us if it doesn't improve. See the Clemson game.

Skip Jansen

Our FT average so far this year is 60.6%, last in the Big 12. I can't believe how long it's been since we have had a decent FT shooting team. This will come back to haunt us if it doesn't improve. See the Clemson game.

Big Frog-

You're right. Those are not acceptable numbers. As a matter of fact, the Frogs rank well over 300th nationally (there are 353 D1 teams) in every FT stat.

-FTM/gm. (337)
-FTA/gm. (327)
-FTA/FGA. (330)
-FTA per 100 possessions. (339)
-FTA per offensive play. (331)
-FT% (335)

So... the Frogs aren't getting to the line very often and are not converting at a high rate when they do. I know. Captain Obvious!

The fact is, the Frogs aren't ranked very high in many offensive categories (except 3 pt. Shooting and Assists).

The good news is, the Frogs are ranked extremely high in virtually every defensive category (minus 3 pt. defense).

That's the identity right now. As the offense catches up (and they will), this is going to be a pretty good team. A team that will have a shot at an NCAA tournament berth.

6 of the top 9 are newcomers. The freshmen's heads are still swimming. They are all wanting to show what they can do so badly, but they don't want to make a mistake. That's the threshold they will have to clear. It's not easy.

Mark my words, each of them will have a breakout game that will get them over the top.

Last edited:

tcumaniac

TCU Christmas Tree Lighting is tonight from 6:30 to 8:30.

I suspect it could have a negative effect on basketball attendance tonight.

Rose Bowl

Maniac-

See... Rose Bowl will even walk over to the game with you (if you don't mind being seen with him). :p:p:p

What if I don’t want to be seen with him? Just kidding Maniac.

With all the people there for the lighting I don’t see any reason to not have a full arena tonight.

Skip Jansen

Any recruiting news on Eric Gaines and Jaylen Clark? Are we actively going after these guys and Wicks?

Haven't heard Clark's name brought up any. Gaines and Wicks are definitely still in the picture. Miles, Wade and Reeves are possibilities as well.

There will be more names in the spring as the transfer market develops.

Last edited:

Latest posts