• The KillerFrogs

It’s time for gary to go..

frog-hat

Would love to see the age stats on those that want GP gone versus him staying. I would bet that there is a significant correlation with age, in that the young want him gone much more than the older.
I’m older than GP. I don’t want him gone; but I do want him held accountable. He’s not getting the job done period; and hasn’t for several years. When you’re in the bottom half of the Big 12 regularly, you’re not getting the job done.

Mean Purple

Gary is not going anywhere. Now, if he does not get big changes on offense and does not get 8 reg season wins next year, he will be on a serious hit seat. Which every one here is hoping to not see. So he needs to do something now.
If it was him getting in the way of offense, then stop doing that. If new OC is needed, hire a reputable OC.

The quips, angst and usual GPisms are thin now. Gotta do something.

As one of the biggest Max homers on this board, I admit I am questioning where we are at QB now. Is it really drops? Is it the coach he has?

Reagor just went to the NFL before he was ready. Was it schemes that frustrated him? Not having the coach who started his recruitment? Heck, he did not mention Sonny by name in that tweet.

The program is edging on dumpster fire when it comes to offense. [ Finebaum ] is bad. [ Finebaum ] is real bad.

Wexahu

Gary is not going anywhere. Now, if he does not get big changes on offense and does not get 8 reg season wins next year, he will be on a serious hit seat. Which every one here is hoping to not see. So he needs to do something now.
If it was him getting in the way of offense, then stop doing that. If new OC is needed, hire a reputable OC.

The quips, angst and usual GPisms are thin now. Gotta do something.

As one of the biggest Max homers on this board, I admit I am questioning where we are at QB now. Is it really drops? Is it the coach he has?

Reagor just went to the NFL before he was ready. Was it schemes that frustrated him? Not having the coach who started his recruitment? Heck, he did not mention Sonny by name in that tweet.

The program is edging on dumpster fire when it comes to offense. [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] is bad. [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] is real bad.

I think Reagor made the decision to turn pro sometime last year. It's not like if we had great coaching and an awesome offensive scheme he was going to come back.

flyfishingfrog

I think Reagor made the decision to turn pro sometime last year. It's not like if we had great coaching and an awesome offensive scheme he was going to come back.
Reagor made the decision to turn pro after 3 before he enrolled at TCU
He and his father both said he had a plan to “graduate” in 3 years and turn pro before his first practice

obviously the academic side didn’t happen but I don’t think there was ever a doubt he was leaving this year whether he road the bench or won the Heisman

4 Oaks Frog

I have mentioned this before. As long as his defensive statistics are top 3 in the conference he couldn't possibly care less about the offense. In his sick mind if the offense scores to soon then his defense has to be on the field more and hence give up more yards. I believe SC hands are tied when it comes to opening up the offense if we are ahead by one then the offense has to shut it down so the clock can move. It's all about the defense and not about wins and loses
Yep...you are right. Poor SC can’t do a thing that he needs and wants to do, because GP isn’t interested in scoring. Sure, Right! What a load of horse manure! Where do you get your info, from a dark hole of your never region? SC can’t dial it up because he isn’t capable of dialing it up. It sure isn’t because that mean old GP won’t let him work his magic. SC is a great guy, but as an OC, he ain’t no magician.
GO FROGS!
BEAT NEXT ONE UP!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

FrogFrog

Anybody who thinks the last two years are even remotely close to “pre GP” has lost the right to have an opinion on the matter as far as I’m concerned. And just to be clear “pre GP” involved things like hoping that some day we’d be as good as Wyoming and New Mexico, praying each night that we’d get invited to the Mountain West Conference, and winning big recruiting battles against Rice and UAB.

+1

I remember thinking “we made it” when I would look up how many votes we got in the AP or Coaches Poll. (“TCU is ranked 39th!”). If you told 2001 frogfrog that the next 15 years would bring top 10 finishes and an undefeated Rose Bowl, I would have thought you were insane.

For the record, pre-GP means tearing down the goal post after beating SMU for you only win of the season.

Paint It Purple

I think you are correct on Reagor leaving for NFL. He was gone no matter what. I hope he excels at the next level, though I will be surprised if he does.

ShreveFrog

Folks, Patterson deserves to be here as long as he wants to although some soul searching is needed and likely wholesale changes.

I want Gary as our coach, but the first part of your line is wrongheaded. He must produce. He can take a mulligan after a .500 or non-bowl season if they're rare. But we've had that 3 of the last 4. There's too much investment in the program -- from big donors to ordinary fans like me who spend what they can -- and too much at stake with realignment over the horizon for failure to be the norm. We can't get left behind again.

cctcu

I'm in the older group and it wouldn't bother me if he was gone. If he can't or won't make the necessary changes he needs to in order to turn things around, then that's a telling sign that he's stuck in his ways and the game has passed him by.

Mean Purple

Any new HC would be a step backwards and plan on 5 seasons until we sniff the Top 25.
A. As many mention. GP is not going anywhere this year.
B. To say any new HC would be a step backwards and a 5 year wait to sniff the top 25 is just void of the reality of this program's situation.

We are not a Mountain West or Conf. USA or WAC school anymore. We have great game in facilities. And tons more funds.

Jackson

See these schools who’ve won many National Championships. They all have better facilities, more money, more success, highly paid ahead Coaches &Assistants, much larger alumni and full stadiums. My point....it isn’t easy!
TENNESSEE
USC
NEBRASKA

4th. down

Delete this post....

It's not the defense and it rarely is. 4 all Big 12 plus the Defensive Freshman of the Year, better than OU and Baylor and they are playing for the championship and we sit. GP develops, period.

Offense, Fuente, IMO has been the best OC in the GP era. Before he left, Rose Bowl, 13-0. Combine the Rose and the game at Utah (Utah ranked 5th. 47-7) and Andy went 73% with no interceptions and Cannon was the only offensive lineman that lasted in the pros. for TCU. That offense was run first (45/26 Utah) and Rose (23/26). Yes, we only had 49 offensive plays in the Rose.

Bottom Line, Coaching plus Execution, which we do not have now. Sure, Andy was a 5th. year senior and Max a true freshman but look at the simplicity of the offense, it was based on execution. Fuente was a fundamentalist and we didn't have all that offensive crazy substitution - he kept it as simple as he could.

The Stack 3 has limited the effectiveness of the Air Raid attack. Time to go back to basics, coaching and development, and quit this crazy [ Finebaum ].