• The KillerFrogs

Happy Birthday Wes! 12-3-1950

hometown frog

Happy birthday wes! Thanks for the update steel. I know many on this board have been wondering but prob didn’t wanna ask.

steel, can you let his family know that if he wants/needs any help on the Masonic side I’d be honored to help. (I know he was getting involved in the lodge. Actually not sure if he completed any of the steps of focused on the medical stuff).

Eight

steel, first, thank you for sharing what is not only difficult news for many of us to read on this board, but for those who are truly close to wes to experience.

to wes, you have expressed your faith before and while to some it might be a cliche' to others it is the final goal for a life well lived:

2 Timothy 4:7-8

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing."

for wes' family you already know what a truly blessing he has been to many and thoughts and prayers to you:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-14

"Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him."

Godspeed wes

archifrog

Our friend Wes was born 69 years ago tomorrow. He will be joined on his special day by his daughter Julia and his brother Robert, in addition to his awesome wife Claire. Fortunately he will celebrate at his home in Georgetown, Tx.

I don't mean to alarm anyone but as you know the arc of his disease is not good and while Wes's strength has allowed him to defy the odds in terms of the number of months he has survived, the situation is becoming grim. The saving grace is that now Wes sleeps most all of the time, and is not in a hospital but is at his home, which, thanks to Claire's hard work, has been a rare blessing in this terrible situation. His ability to communicate is mostly gone. He stopped eating a couple of weeks ago.

I've had a couple of PMs asking about Wes and am not asking for anything in particular in this thread, just thought I would update you all as many of you count him among your friends. And publicly wish our friend a happy birthday.
Happy Birthday to Wes and prayers to him and his family...