• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football is in no rush to make staff changes, despite disappointing 5-7 season

Bruce Berry

yeah - because UT has been so good at this for the past 15 years....and he did such a good job the first time which was what - 3 years ago?

I don't think Herman could turn UT around if the ghosts of John Gagliardi, Eddie Robinson and Bear Bryant came back to help him

He will panic - put together a staff that can't handle the prima donnas at UT again and then ultimately get fired by a AD that is pure PR and because of the big cigars that have zero appreciation for anything but banners.

He would be gone now if the one Cigar that was never happy with anyone had not died last year...

I sincerely hope Tom Herman and the Texas football program fails and we continue to beat them every year. That said, I think his statement was on the mark and they are making an effort to address their problems. Us not so much in my opinion so far. I really really hope I am wrong.

flyfishingfrog

I sincerely hope Tom Herman and the Texas football program fails and we continue to beat them every year. That said, I think his statement was on the mark and they are making an effort to address their problems. Us not so much in my opinion so far. I really really hope I am wrong.
Again- he hasn’t done anything but fire people publicly to save his butt and evidently convince people like you he is acting

firing is easy - he has to actually replace them to make a difference- and replace them correctly

by your measure - if GP fired Cumbie in a press conference today - we would be better off and the reality is we would not be any different - still with no real OC on staff

Bruce Berry

Again- he hasn’t done anything but fire people publicly to save his butt and evidently convince people like you he is acting

firing is easy - he has to actually replace them to make a difference- and replace them correctly

by your measure - if GP fired Cumbie in a press conference today - we would be better off and the reality is we would not be any different - still with no real OC on staff

seek help.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Have you seen him dress down players and coaches, Cumbie included, on the sidelines?

I’m completely on board with GP, but calm cool and collected is not exactly his bag. Is what it is.
No. I've never seen him shout, wave his arms, tie his shoes, hitch his pants...

Chewing on some coach's ass on the sidelines is one thing. Firing one without warning is entirely another.

One Frog Nation

Sonny is a key recruiter. It’s important to get through Dec 20 and keep the appearance of him staying on so we keep his recruits.

Hopefully for his sake, GP and him would have an agreement to let him find another place to land after signing day. We get to keep the recruits he has a relationship with and he gets to land on his feet.
Not sure if that matters so much anymore. Remember last year USC had a 5 star player that signed in Dec and entered the transfer portal in January to Texas then spent the spring at UT and transferred back to USC. Back at USC before summer started.

netty2424

No. I've never seen him shout, wave his arms, tie his shoes, hitch his pants...

Chewing on some coach's ass on the sidelines is one thing. Firing one without warning is entirely another.

My point is, GP can be extremely impulsive. Not knocking him, just stating what he puts on camera week in and week out. I’d be inclined to think that’s been replicated in a coaches meeting or three.

CryptoMiner

The changes in the coaching staff will be similar to the latest Peloton ad where a wonderful caring significant other male gives a skinny athletic female model a bike and transforms her over the course of a year to a skinny athletic female model who now rides a stationary bike. It brings tears to your eyes and so will Patterson.

East Coast

Tier 1
The changes in the coaching staff will be similar to the latest Peloton ad where a wonderful caring significant other male gives a skinny athletic female model a bike and transforms her over the course of a year to a skinny athletic female model who now rides a stationary bike. It brings tears to your eyes and so will Patterson.
Is she hot? or just skinny?

Mean Purple

Whatever he does, GP should know he has to get it right this time. When Meach got pushed out, everybody tried to convince themselves that somehow, it was Cumbie behind the then recent success.

4th. down

Whatever he does, GP should know he has to get it right this time. When Meach got pushed out, everybody tried to convince themselves that somehow, it was Cumbie behind the then recent success.

IMO, GP made the right choice. Now, his 2 yr. review and probable minor changes to the offensive staff, IF ANY. More scheme change maybe but major changes, not IMO. GP, historically does not fire coaches - yes, he gently moved Schultz out and Williamson along with Meach but over 20 years, that's not much.