• The KillerFrogs

Chancellor, B of T Must Demand and Approve Gary's Shake Up

Hell Sent Frog

GP has a boss. Its the AD. If you have anyone else, its a train wreck.

We all know major change is needed to the football coaching staff. Our offense desperately needs better coaching, game plans and play calling.

The Athletic Director has already said publicly that he wants no part in demanding or helping to bring about any necessary changes to the staff.
Obviously, the AD is a major loser and should be replaced himself sometime before the day Gary will need to be relieved of his duties.

The Board of Trustees need to step in. Gary Patterson is in over his head. The head coach knows that he is part of the problem and his staff knows it.
The Board needs to demand change regardless of how uncomfortable it makes Patterson feel.
TCU doesn't need to find out again what it is like to have the football program hit bottom.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
We all know major change is needed to the football coaching staff. Our offense desperately needs better coaching, game plans and play calling.

The Athletic Director has already said publicly that he wants no part in demanding or helping to bring about any necessary changes to the staff.
Obviously, the AD is a major loser and should be replaced himself sometime before the day Gary will need to be relieved of his duties.

The Board of Trustees need to step in. Gary Patterson is in over his head. The head coach knows that he is part of the problem and his staff knows it.
The Board needs to demand change regardless of how uncomfortable it makes Patterson feel.
TCU doesn't need to find out again what it is like to have the football program hit bottom.
You are a clown. Go away.

Hell Sent Frog

You are a clown. Go away.

You're an absolute idiot. Do you understand what it is to be a trustee? Any kind of trustee?

Ultimately, the TCU Board of Trustees bears responsibility for the football program.
The Board needs to do their job and step in and let the head coach know that major changes are necessary.

Hell Sent Frog

I am a trustee.

So what! So am I.

I asked you if you understood what it is to be a trustee. You obviously don’t.

Watching our offense is like watching Godfather, Part 3.
We had our arch rival Baylor on our home field, nice crowd, our defense was playing great, and we could not even score one touchdown in regulation.
We played WVU to go to a bowl game, we created three turnovers, ran back a punt for a TD, all our offense could score was 10 points.

Our offense is like you.

froginmn

I'm not sure I understand what the big deal is?
TCU was mediocre in the 60's, the wheels fell off in the 70's and continued through the 80's and 90's. The Sun Bowl was the first confirmation that TCU could do better.

We've had a great run, but isn't it time to accept long stretches of 5-7, 4-8, 3-9 or worse seasons?
It's time to figure out whether two years is a long stretch.

Brog

So what! So am I.

I asked you if you understood what it is to be a trustee. You obviously don’t.

Watching our offense is like watching Godfather, Part 3.
We had our arch rival Baylor on our home field, nice crowd, our defense was playing great, and we could not even score one touchdown in regulation.
We played WVU to go to a bowl game, we created three turnovers, ran back a punt for a TD, all our offense could score was 10 points.

Our offense is like you.

I guarantee you that if you WERE a Trustee, you would know how little the majority of them know about football. And as a matter of fact, while they all root for the Frogs, most of them care much more about TCU as a University, and about the academic role a University has.

Tshirt Fan

It's time to figure out whether two years is a long stretch.
Don't get me wrong,
I wouldn't mind a few 6-6 or 7-5 seasons, but I don't want to be too greedy.
Just be thankful that we win at least one game a year, even when Baylor comes to our house and stomps us and SMU takes us out to the woodshed.

Geez now that I think about it, this year really was a cluster scheiss [ Finebaum ]ty train wreck to be a TCU T-Shirt fan.
b3ab284a771bc55b9130fc5914ef16d1--lion-king-quotes-the-lion-king.jpg

Last edited:

tetonfrog

Why would GP or ADJD or VBo or anyone in charge tell the press anything except non-headline material? Our hometown newspaper hates us and looks forward to giving dirt on us at every opportunity.

Why would the AD or the Chancellor give any indication that they have lost faith in GP? That would take off in a nanosecond and do more damage to our program than a losing season. ADJD will ask GP, "How can I help you get back on track?" or "If you need to make changes, what can I do?"

GP will fix this. If he can't, then, he, the AD and maybe the Chancellor all go down with him. If you don't believe in them, fine. But I disagree and I believe we will have a new OC, a new scheme and success in the future. If we don't, then a new coach and a new AD will have a chance to restart the program in a year or two.

flyfishingfrog

I guarantee you that if you WERE a Trustee, you would know how little the majority of them know about football. And as a matter of fact, while they all root for the Frogs, most of them care much more about TCU as a University, and about the academic role a University has.
And that a couple of them probably consider football to be a distraction from the larger mission of the University