• The KillerFrogs

meanwhile, back in austin.......

HFrog12

We laugh but I am actually envious of Herman making changes after a 7-5 record and saying it’s not the standard for their program. I am actually envious of the 7-5 record. I think in this case Herman is the issue but as the head man he is at least willing to make changes. Yet we miss a bowl game and it’s crickets. I am sure some changes will happen but it they don’t we should just accept mediocrity for forever.

Chongo94

We laugh but I am actually envious of Herman making changes after a 7-5 record and saying it’s not the standard for their program. I am actually envious of the 7-5 record. I think in this case Herman is the issue but as the head man he is at least willing to make changes. Yet we miss a bowl game and it’s crickets. I am sure some changes will happen but it they don’t we should just accept mediocrity for forever.

Similar to my thoughts as well. They change by 3 more losses from a 10 win team and make many changes and make them quickly. Meanwhile, after arguably 2-3 years of the same issues and a downward trend, we get “be careful what you wish for” type statements or statements stating no changes will be made anytime soon.

TRF51

I hope we will hear similar news for TCU soon but we probably won’t because average or below average is ok at TCU because the coach is not worried about being fired.

HFrog12

Similar to my thoughts as well. They change by 3 more losses from a 10 win team and make many changes and make them quickly. Meanwhile, after arguably 2-3 years of the same issues and a downward trend, we get “be careful what you wish for” type statements or statements stating no changes will be made anytime soon.

Ha exactly. So what am I supposed to be careful of if I wish change? That we miss bowl games and keep getting worse? Because that’s happening right now.

Last edited:
I have to agree. I dislike Herman and realize who and what he is as well as the next guy but there is something to be said (whether it's his choice or not) for UT's willingness to make some changes to areas where they think they can get better. If you have a bad QB, you need to make changes to get a better one. It's no different with coaches.

HFrog12

I have to agree. I dislike Herman and realize who and what he is as well as the next guy but there is something to be said (whether it's his choice or not) for UT's willingness to make some changes to areas where they think they can get better. If you have a bad QB, you need to make changes to get a better one. It's no different with coaches.

Not to belabor the point, but Texas won the Sugar Bowl last year and just had a 7-5 record and realize that is completely unacceptable. We miss a bowl game this year following the infamous Cheese-It bowl and there is nothing to see in Fort Worth.

CardFrog

I don't pretend to know everything about the inner workings of TCU's football staff but I think we need to settle down. Just because we haven't done anything yet doesn't mean it wont get done eventually. It sounds easy just go in and fire a bunch of people but I would be willing to bet its a bit more complicated than that. I would be stunned if Gary wasn't just as unhappy with the last 2 years as many of us on this board and so I would expect he will do what he thinks is best to get us back on track.

Frog-in-law1995

fnIDSCB.jpg

Latest posts