• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

tcudoc

To break up the monotony of the pre-Christmas season as well as all the angst left over from football season I hereby give you this piece of history from the way back machine – – where were you in 1975 when this came out?

Good song. I was only nine but I remember it well.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I was flipping thru my TCU Catalog, wondering if my outrageous high-school Middling GPA would get me in. Then went back to more serious thought on how I could convince Elizabeth to a slow dance with a lowly sophomore...

GeoFrog

To break up the monotony of the pre-Christmas season as well as all the angst left over from football season I hereby give you this piece of history from the way back machine – – where were you in 1975 when this came out?

Most likely in a crib or trying to fit square pegs in round holes.

MTfrog5

Didn't know that. Are they growing too fast and too far out or is there a different financial issue?
Little bit of everything. Son is an [ Arschloch] and family didn’t want to be involved. Not a great environment to work in. Brookshire'sBrothers went to other party of the family years ago and isn’t part of Brookshire’s/Super 1 anymore. That family has sold Brookshire’s Brothers since the split happened as well. Wasn’t a great look to lay-off tons of employees to then turn and put 10 million into a pharmacy central fill project that is still having issues a year after it opened.

JugbandFrog

I wasn’t a great player, but I knew how to play. I started every year but my senior year as I was just not good enough, but I was scrappy.
This 49ers v Ravens game made me wish I could put the pads on again. Being an offensive lineman is something else. I was a DT for a bit, but when they moved me to Center I hated it. The protector in me took over. You just don’t let your QB get shots he shouldn’t. I broke a guys leg once when he thought he had a clear shot on my QB. I didn’t mean to, but it was muddy, and he leaped, and his leg got caught in the mud and I hit him mid thigh. I can still hear the snap and the scream. Ran into the guy at a nudey bar called “Charlie’s Tendertrap.” He had a permanent limp. We laughed, I bought him a few dances and a handi, and all was forgiven.

My Oline coach, a mean ol SOB named Coach Levings, FSU grad, played for the Packers, Vietnam Vet worked us til we puked damn neat every practice. We don’t take plays off because we must ALWAYS protect our guys. He used to tell us, during the puke workouts, that we’d be the best dancers on the team, but we were so ugly that no one wanted to dance with us. This was the way.

what I would give to puke again on that Leving’s offensive line.

Attachments

• 00C61B0D-870D-46C2-BF6C-B6B0FA9BB929.jpeg
    00C61B0D-870D-46C2-BF6C-B6B0FA9BB929.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 21

tcudoc

I was talking with a guy a couple of days ago and anytime he responded to a comment, he would just say, “right on!” I didn’t know that was still a thing since the 70’s. He must have said “right on” at least 20 times. I just thought it was strange and wanted to get thoughts on it.

Ron Swanson

I was talking with a guy a couple of days ago and anytime he responded to a comment, he would just say, “right on!” I didn’t know that was still a thing since the 70’s. He must have said “right on” at least 20 times. I just thought it was strange and wanted to get thoughts on it.
Just a weird anxious tick

PO Frog

My brother does the same thing. He’s a little hippie-ish pot head type. 45 years old

GeoFrog

[QUOTE="jugbandxmas, post: 2808315, member: 756"]...Ran into the guy at a nudey bar called “Charlie’s Tendertrap.” He had a permanent limp. We laughed, I bought him a few dances and a handi, and all was forgiven....

.[/QUOTE]

Dead!