• The KillerFrogs

Chancellor, B of T Must Demand and Approve Gary's Shake Up

Brog

This is a very concerning view of things especially considering we have a very inexperienced athletic director who has little or no background in football.
Our current AD is not in a position to provide an honest and professional evaluation of Gary's coaching staff.

TCU leadership needs to hire an outside professional to help them evaluate Gary's staff and help them pressure the head coach to make important changes,

May I say in a friendly way, this is ridiculous.

CountryFrog

Board of Trustees getting involved in football staff decisions is one of the dumber things I've ever heard of. Getting past the fact that it's not their job, what in the hell makes anyone think they would be qualified to do such a thing?

Hell Sent Frog

Board of Trustees getting involved in football staff decisions is one of the dumber things I've ever heard of. Getting past the fact that it's not their job, what in the hell makes anyone think they would be qualified to do such a thing?

Why is it not their job?

Gary Patterson's coaching staff friends are getting the kid-glove treatment.
This needs to be brought to an end.
Who else is going to end it? The AD is just a guy trying to live off his fair-haired boy appearance and law degree, he isn't going to end it.
Major changes are needed.
Maybe after a Board of Trustee intervention, next time Gary will do it on his own.

Gary needs a boss! Now!

Last edited:

OmniscienceFrog

Why is it not their job?

Gary Patterson's coaching staff friends are getting the kid-glove treatment.
This needs to be brought to an end.
Who else is going to end it? The AD is just a guy trying to live off his fair-haired boy appearance and law degree, he isn't going to end it.
Major changes are needed.
Maybe after a Board of Trustee intervention, next time Gary will do it on his own.

Gary needs a boss! Now!
Good Lord! There is a position in the Athletic Department to handle these things. It's called the Athletics Director. He is Gary Patterson's boss. Just because you think something needs to be changed doesn't mean it has to be.

Hell Sent Frog

My god, this is the silliest thread I think I've ever seen here.

It's this very kind of thinking that originally got TCU left out of the Big 12 and banished to the WAC.
Eventually things changed.
I was a season ticket holder at that time and still am.

As time went on, TCU had a very difficult time scoring in its first two years in the WAC. The B of Ts stepped in and it cost Pat Sullivan and his staff their jobs.

The same thing is happening to the team the last two years, TCU is having too hard of a time scoring.
TCU needs to maintain its more recent tough leadership at the top regarding the school's football program.

OmniscienceFrog

It's this very kind of thinking that originally got TCU left out of the Big 12 and banished to the WAC.
Eventually things changed.
I was a season ticket holder at that time and still am.

As time went on, TCU had a very difficult time scoring in its first two years in the WAC. The B of Ts stepped in and it cost Pat Sullivan and his staff their jobs.

The same thing is happening to the team the last two years, TCU is having too hard of a time scoring.
TCU needs to maintain its more recent tough leadership at the top regarding the school's football program.
And it gets sillier. You're honestly going to compare the program under Gary Patterson to the program under Pat Sullivan? LOL

Hell Sent Frog

And it gets sillier. You're honestly going to compare the program under Gary Patterson to the program under Pat Sullivan? LOL

The B of Ts stepped in during Sullivan's downward spiral and acted swiftly.
The Board needs to step in during this current downward spiral before things require the same type of response.
At this point, the Board should demand change from Patterson.

You have to be the biggest idiot this board has ever seen if you think the Athletic Director has any power over Gary Patterson.

Last edited:

OmniscienceFrog

The B of Ts stepped in during Sullivan's downward spiral and acted swiftly.
The Board needs to step in during this current downward spiral before things require the same type of response.
At this point, the Board should demand change from Patterson.

You have to be the biggest idiot this board has ever seen if you think the Athletic Director has any power over Gary Patterson.
And you have to be the biggest idiot the world has ever seen if you think the Board of Trustees are going to tell Gary Patterson how to take care of his business at this point just because they told Pat Sullivan to move on after what went on in his tenure. Of course you probably aren't sharp enough to realize the skins Gary Patterson has on the wall as compared to Pat Sullivan either. The board is likely not as panic-stricken over the football program as you are. Even if they were they would probably give him a day or two after the season ended to make some changes before publicly telling him how he is going to run the program he built himself.

Pharm Frog

All this discussion is irrelevant because even the AD says that he’ll rubber stamp whatever GP decides to do or not do. Perhaps this is some perspective into why our major coaches were so supportive of his ascension into the role.

flyfishingfrog

All this discussion is irrelevant because even the AD says that he’ll rubber stamp whatever GP decides to do or not do. Perhaps this is some perspective into why our major coaches were so supportive of his ascension into the role.
I kind of assumed everyone knew that...ADJD was confirmed so quickly because he knew the program and would maintain the status quo

why else hand the reins over to a guy that had never done it before?

It was more of a risk than giving GP the HC job 20 years ago otherwise

Limp Lizard

Gary knows that if this keeps on he will eventually be gone. And if he hates losing as much as he says, he is very seriously looking at the staff as well as himself. GP has long been knows as an incredibly critical self evaluator. Hopefully he is is no more lenient on his staff,
than on himself.