• The KillerFrogs

It’s time for gary to go..

frog-hat

We will never be as successful as we have been in the GP era. It needs to continue until he and only he decides he’s done with coaching. He knows more than anyone that he needs to do better. He will have us back in that top 10 soon. History supports that.

if you add up wins since joining the Big XII TCU is behind Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Kansas State, and Texas. I hope we have more success than that in our future.

dobbiesquad4

Anybody who thinks the last two years are even remotely close to “pre GP” has lost the right to have an opinion on the matter as far as I’m concerned. And just to be clear “pre GP” involved things like hoping that some day we’d be as good as Wyoming and New Mexico, praying each night that we’d get invited to the Mountain West Conference, and winning big recruiting battles against Rice and UAB.
I’m not saying GP has to go but I’ve seen bad 80’s and 90’s. TCU 93’ me and wife 97’. Now my money goes to UAB x3 and we moved from Houston to Birmingham last year. I’m proud that UAB has won the CUSA West again and I will be going to championship game for a second year in a row. My expectations for UAB are what they are but damn TCU we can’t except what we’ve seen the past 2 years.

flyfishingfrog

With all the underclassmen coming into the offensive line, 6-6 will be a good year.
Actually I think this line of thought is nit accurate anymore

And it’s one of the things GP and whoever our new OC is needs to realize

I looked it up and a lot of the top 20 teams offensive lineman are underclassmen with a bunch having true freshman

kids are coming in ready to play more often even on the line or at least getting there faster than the past

I have no idea why we didn’t play Coker yesterday for example - he had 1 more game to play and keep his red shirt and the line was so much better with him at OT against Tech

flyfishingfrog

if you add up wins since joining the Big XII TCU is behind Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Kansas State, and Texas. I hope we have more success than that in our future.
In total wins - yes

in number of top 10s - only behind OU

I will take great years and terrible years mixed over KSU or Texas level mediocrity

PO Frog

I looked it up and a lot of the top 20 teams offensive lineman are underclassmen with a bunch having true freshman

kids are coming in ready to play more often even on the line or at least getting there faster than the past

I have no idea why we didn’t play Coker yesterday for example - he had 1 more game to play and keep his red shirt and the line was so much better with him at OT against Tech
Saving him for the bowl game we apparently thought we would qualify for.

flyfishingfrog

Saving him for the bowl game we apparently thought we would qualify for.
Which makes no sense

save the bowl game for the departing seniors that can’t block - it’s their last game and of no value to anyone but the seniors

However i understand almost nothing about our philosophy of how to use players on offense in general

PO Frog

Which makes no sense

save the bowl game for the departing seniors that can’t block - it’s their last game and of no value to anyone but the seniors

However i understand almost nothing about our philosophy of how to use players on offense in general
We went to Davis on the season-saving Hail Mary 4th down on Friday, so you may not be the only one. Maybe we use some sort of lottery system or random number generator to decide whose shoulders we are going to put the season on.

4th. down

Well Fly, let's look at no. 1 and no. 2 and see what they have:

OSU - 2 soph, 1 jr, and 2 Graduate Transfers.
LSU - 3 jr, and 2 sr.

JayMadd

He did a hell of a job for this University. The game has passed him by. The window has closed. Thanks gary for all you did.
If the window has closed . . . It’s Gary’s window. Coach Patterson built this program to what it has been. He should get to enjoy it a while longer. To your point, we may be entering the ‘Mack Brown Career Extending Phase‘ where assistant coaches must come & go, but he will remain, regardless.

flyfishingfrog

Well Fly, let's look at no. 1 and no. 2 and see what they have:

OSU - 2 soph, 1 jr, and 2 Graduate Transfers.
LSU - 3 jr, and 2 sr.
And OU has 4 RS SO and a freshman
Bama has Freshman at LG
Georgia has three Sophomores starting
Oregon has a sophomore tackle
Utah has 2 RS Fr and a Sophomore

I am not saying it would it would not be preferable to have a more senior team everywhere- but I just think most programs are willing to try a young guy over a jr/sr that isn’t performing in the OL now

LoneStarFrog

Ron Swanson, Phormer, Country, MTfrog5, Pharm, RollToad (perhaps not FULLY functioning but close). Congrats to all who made the list!

There are others but I’m gonna leave them unnamed so that everybody can just assume they were one of them.

Hey bro, I’ve been away for awhile but I’m here in spirit....it’s hard sometimes to spend so much time with ignorance.

4th. down

And OU has 4 RS SO and a freshman
Bama has Freshman at LG
Georgia has three Sophomores starting
Oregon has a sophomore tackle
Utah has 2 RS Fr and a Sophomore

I am not saying it would it would not be preferable to have a more senior team everywhere- but I just think most programs are willing to try a young guy over a jr/sr that isn’t performing in the OL now

I wish we would have tried it, put the meanest SOB we have in there, even if it was a true freshman.

tcufrogprince1

To replace with who? We might be a decent location, but we dont have star power. Gary Patterson is still the best coach that we have a chance at. Until the day comes that there is a reasonable shot at a good coach, people need to just keep their ignorant mouths shut cause you havnt done squat for the school except attend. You literally have zero say in the coaching situation. How arrogant some of outlr fans have become. Cumbie goes and Coach P coaches till he decides to retire because he has earned it.

I was a fan in 70s through now and the last two seasons have been unaccaptable.
There is a built in sense of expectation now at TCU for the football program and it is not being met.

Should GP go nope. But some changes need to be made in the coaching staff. That's why GP is getting the big bucks.

GP will turn it around and have another CC and playoff contender b4 hes done.

BTW your Gif is the best Gif ever.