• The KillerFrogs

It’s time for gary to go..

I think GP would probably consider retirement but he knows that there are about 20-30 coaching/family mouths to feed. Long time assistants aren’t getting jobs anywhere else. When he hangs it up those guys are virtually dead in the water. He’s not only making a decision for himself but for the lively hood of guys that have ridden with him for decades. I think that’s why he badly wanted Sonny to be the next guy up. So Sonny could take them over. Cumbie falling on his ass is far more complicated then we know. I think it’s really screwing up GPs exit strategy

Posts like this make me want to drive a nail into the wall with my forehead.

cctcu

This season is over and re-evaluating needs to start. Maybe (?) GP could hire say three analysts who could review each game this year and break it down - offense, defense, play calling, strategy, players performance, penalties,clock management, etc. with a final report showing the positives, deficiencies, and suggestions for improvement, whether it be coaching techniques, coaches, players who performed above stated levels, those who underperformed, etc. and make the needed recommendations. Outside evalauation (with no input from Killer Frog participants). An inhouse evaluation may not cut it at the present, given our coaching staff. Something has to give. Just a wild, random thought. Everyone has an opinion.

Big Frog II

This forum has a history of dumb threads, but this is the absolute winner. We are a decent offense away from playing for the Big 12 Championship. Smooth42. a troll, and the three clowns who liked his post should go the way of Cumbie.

P.S. I wouldn't be surprised if Smooth wasn't our favorite S-T writer from Kansas.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Gary's post game comment says it all. I held them to less than 300 yards. I thought he was the head coach. Did he actually tell Cumbie to make sure he runs the ball a lot so as to move the clock so his beloved defense can stay off the field. Patterson is a sick man. Everything is I I I. No wonder our AD left and our portal is opening up. Who wants to be part of this sick locker room. Yelling and screaming on the sideline is also not a good look. His schick is really getting old.
Idiot.

frog-hat

I'm not in the fire gp camp by any means. He is responsible for TCU being in the Big XII and the outstanding facilities,

But he is what his records says he is; slightly over .500 in 8 seasons in the Big XII, exactly .500 in the last 4 years, with only 3 seasons over .500 in the 8 since joining the Big XII. He needs to do better.

Frog89

I'm not in the fire gp camp by any means. He is responsible for TCU being in the Big XII and the outstanding facilities,

But he is what his records says he is; slightly over .500 in 8 seasons in the Big XII, exactly .500 in the last 4 years, with only 3 seasons over .500 in the 8 since joining the Big XII. He needs to do better.
How many top 10 finishes in last 5 years? At a small private school? Compare that to ever other D1 team over last 5 years. It’s a short list. We will never be as successful as we have been in the GP era. It needs to continue until he and only he decides he’s done with coaching. He knows more than anyone that he needs to do better. He will have us back in that top 10 soon. History supports that.

Pharm Frog

How many top 10 finishes in last 5 years? At a small private school? Compare that to ever other D1 team over last 5 years. It’s a short list. We will never be as successful as we have been in the GP era. It needs to continue until he and only he decides he’s done with coaching. He knows more than anyone that he needs to do better. He will have us back in that top 10 soon. History supports that.
So this is it? Never again will TCU do as well after GP is done? We’re at the apex? No coach will ever do better? GP will not leave the program in a position to continue winning? I find this to be an exceptionally sad take.

Jackson

He will stay, even though he has has is 3 - 5 whe it comes to conference winning/losing seasons in the big 12.
Even though the problems on offense have been going on for 3 years and getting worse.
Folks still think he can get it back. Too many are afraid of going back to what we were pre-GP. Well, we are there.
There ate some good proven head coaches who would love this job if GP stepped down. Too many act like we are still TCU of pre Fran. Our money and facilities are much bigger and better. Some of the best out there.

GP needs to make changes, including his friends on staff. If not, we will be lucky to get to 6-6 next year.
Every school has outstanding facilities these days. Many on here appear to be of the opinion a great college fb program can be made like a cake. Just add the proper ingredients and viola....we’re in the hunt for the NC. If it were that easy Nebraska wouldn’t sux so bad for 20yrs and counting. Relax... GP will get it done!

So this is it? Never again will TCU do as well after GP is done? We’re at the apex? No coach will ever do better? GP will not leave the program in a position to continue winning? I find this to be an exceptionally sad take.
Well, it’s quite possible we may never see a ten year stretch like 2008-2017, with six top 10 finishes.

There’s nothing sad or defeatist about that. GP is a great coach, the likes of which don’t come around that often.

Recognizing that is a far cry from giving up on the program, though. There’s a lot of space in between to be very successful and get a lot of joy and satisfaction out of TCU football.

4th. down

He will stay, even though he has has is 3 - 5 whe it comes to conference winning/losing seasons in the big 12.
Even though the problems on offense have been going on for 3 years and getting worse.
Folks still think he can get it back. Too many are afraid of going back to what we were pre-GP. Well, we are there.
There ate some good proven head coaches who would love this job if GP stepped down. Too many act like we are still TCU of pre Fran. Our money and facilities are much bigger and better. Some of the best out there.

GP needs to make changes, including his friends on staff. If not, we will be lucky to get to 6-6 next year.

With all the underclassmen coming into the offensive line, 6-6 will be a good year.