• The KillerFrogs

It’s time for gary to go..

flyfishingfrog

I was a fan in 70s through now and the last two seasons have been unaccaptable.
There is a built in sense of expectation now at TCU for the football program and it is not being met.

Should GP go nope. But some changes need to be made in the coaching staff. That's why GP is getting the big bucks.
Expectation built on what exactly?

I love this bull crap line of thinking

expectations based on what we did in another conference a level below where we are now?

based on what other schools similar to TCU are doing?

based on how much we spend?

well lots of programs dominate in G5 and as you can see from WVU, Utah and TCU - doesn’t mean that level translates to annual domination in the P5

the last time a school similar to TCU consistently top of a conference was what - USC 10 years ago? Or maybe you want to count Baylor under Briles as good enough?

And as for spending - the difference between we spend and other programs do is almost immaterial and definitely not enough to provide some huge advantage over our competition

maybe the reality is programs that aren’t part of that small group of schools like Bama, tOSU, LSU, etc need to realize that competing for a conference title every year isn’t realistic ? That doing it in our strongest years is enough?

tetonfrog

We don’t need a new head coach. We need a new OC. If GP does not make changes, then I might change my thoughts about the first sentence. I cannot believe that GP is going to finish his career with a bunch of mediocre to crap seasons. Everyone saw how frustrated he was this year. He will fix this.

blueduck313

I have mentioned this before. As long as his defensive statistics are top 3 in the conference he couldn't possibly care less about the offense. In his sick mind if the offense scores to soon then his defense has to be on the field more and hence give up more yards. I believe SC hands are tied when it comes to opening up the offense if we are ahead by one then the offense has to shut it down so the clock can move. It's all about the defense and not about wins and loses

AroundWorldFrog

We don’t need a new head coach. We need a new OC. If GP does not make changes, then I might change my thoughts about the first sentence. I cannot believe that GP is going to finish his career with a bunch of mediocre to crap seasons. Everyone saw how frustrated he was this year. He will fix this.
What we need is a head coach that accepts responsibility for the performance of the ENTIRE team. Not this [ Finebaum ] about not his offense and how "I" held the other team to 300 yards.

AroundWorldFrog

This has been brought up on multiple threads before, but how much does Gary really limit the offense to make his defense look better? I'm guessing there is some input there.

TCUWIN

Ron Swanson, Phormer, Country, MTfrog5, Pharm, RollToad (perhaps not FULLY functioning but close). Congrats to all who made the list!

There are others but I’m gonna leave them unnamed so that everybody can just assume they were one of them.
Thanks for the silent nod! I appreciate all the people whom helped me get to this point!!!

Horny4TCU

GMFP needs to retire a frog and he is far from being done.

He is loyal and smart. He has given Cumbie time, because he knows you have to be able to develop a program. How much time is up the GP, it's his baby. Seeing that Cumbie hasn't made it in the time he has been here, hopefully the results of the last couple of seasons will justify a demotion or termination.

If we hire and fire coaches like Aggies, you become Aggies and no one on this board wants to live in mediocracy.

steelfrog

Tier 1
The time Steel was gone, didn't miss this place a bit. The real people Steel knows who are on here, Stee
Liked..... I’ll leave you to try to figure out why. :)

Steel can only assume that you are liking it because you want Wes to die soon. Nice. Very very nice...

Well, you may get your wish. Hope you're happy.

tetonfrog

What we need is a head coach that accepts responsibility for the performance of the ENTIRE team. Not this [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] about not his offense and how "I" held the other team to 300 yards.

GP will always be GP. You might have lost the faith. I have not. We will disagree & I am OK with that. He will either change the OC & turn it around or he won’t.

if he does not, then a lot of us will find other things to do on Saturdays. Period. I doubt he will miss us.