• The KillerFrogs

Patterson comments post game

flyfishingfrog

The weird thing is as soon as the game was over, I thought, I can relax this bowl season and not have to watch this team try to play in the cheeze it bowl again. Then I looked down and I saw a couple the seniors kneeling down and getting emotional realizing it was their final game and I felt sorry for them. Then GP gets blasted for saying the same thing after the game.
Bowl games are almost always for the players not the coaches, the program and really not the fans

he didn’t say it well but I am surprised people think that perspective is so controversial

the reality is other than the NY6 and maybe the top tier bowl game for each conference - no one really even remembers the games later - the games are all for the kids to get to play one more time, especially the seniors

except the players - they remember them forever

my gosh the same ones complaining about his comments are the ones that were saying this team didn’t deserve a bowl or 6-6 teams should not be in bowl games at all

BleedNPurple

depending on who you ask, the OC is blatantly stealing money from the university as he’s pretending to do a job he was hired to do (coach, play caller, etc.)

might not be betrayal but fits the definition of a thief. We hired him to perform and have been overly generous with him given lack of success of any kind.
Maybe he’s a Cracker Jack recruiter- that goes into the coaching evaluation too!

Pharm Frog

Didn’t your kid get recruited to play baseball?

did coaches that negative recruited influence you and your sons decision?

I always thought it made them feel they lacked confidence in their own program to talk crap about someone else’s

To answer this: I did not speak with recruiters other than to make the arrangements to speak with my son and then when offers were made. I did spend time with the academic side. And yes...several coaches spoke poorly about other programs and none more so than OU according to my son. Mostly I relied for the baseball information from two pro-scouts in the region.

Moose Stuff

Bowl games are almost always for the players not the coaches, the program and really not the fans

he didn’t say it well but I am surprised people think that perspective is so controversial

the reality is other than the NY6 and maybe the top tier bowl game for each conference - no one really even remembers the games later - the games are all for the kids to get to play one more time, especially the seniors

except the players - they remember them forever

my gosh the same ones complaining about his comments are the ones that were saying this team didn’t deserve a bowl or 6-6 teams should not be in bowl games at all

You and I have found a common ground. The board should be afraid.

Moose Stuff

To answer this: I did not speak with recruiters other than to make the arrangements to speak with my son and then when offers were made. I did spend time with the academic side. And yes...several coaches spoke poorly about other programs and none more so than OU according to my son. Mostly I relied for the baseball information from two pro-scouts in the region.

We’re getting WAY off track here, but taking to impartial pro scouts is the single smartest thing you could have done.

tcudoc

I worry about recruits decommitting because that’s what recruits do but I’m not worried about them doing it because Gary said bowl games are stressful on coaches or didn’t let his SRs do the post game presser (maybe none of them wanted to?).
I worry that the total content of the mythical frog factor available in the universe will take a sizable hit following this season.

CountryFrog

This exercise of over analyzing every word that Gary says after a loss to glean some great wisdom on his state of mind and how he runs the program is pretty amusing some times but certainly totally meaningless.

As far as staff changes, anyone who wanted him to announce exactly what was wrong with the staff and what changes will be made in the post game press conference, well, that's on you for stupid expectations. I'd guess that Gary has known for a few weeks now exactly what he will do with the staff and these past 2 games did nothing to change that.

Limp Lizard

G
This is a very huge turning point in TCU football....

Maybe the biggest since hiring Francione or Patterson. Let's hope it is a Francione/Patterson thing and not a Sullivan, Cumbie, Shofner, Dry type decision (although all but one of those was an AD/committee decision).

Could be a great decision, or the return to a bottom-dweller of the conference. Lots of special players on the roster. We'll see. Or know how Kansas feels...wait til basketball season!

OmniscienceFrog

That the TCU program is not only in reverse from a performance perspective but that the head coach is off the rails emotionally and won’t even let his seniors speak after their final game because he’s petulant and mad at them. That the program is unstable.
And they aren't going to be cognizant that opposition recruiters are trying to make him look bad. He's not going to talk to any of the recruits and their parents and answer their questions himself? It's all going to be simply what competing recruiters are telling them?

BigPurple87

Ryan Zellar gonna come in and start deleting post she doesn't like but not apply the same rules to everyone. Board has gone downhill since she took over