• The KillerFrogs

Patterson comments post game

Pharm Frog

What exactly would you be telling them?

That the TCU program is not only in reverse from a performance perspective but that the head coach is off the rails emotionally and won’t even let his seniors speak after their final game because he’s petulant and mad at them. That the program is unstable.

Moose Stuff

That the TCU program is not only in reverse from a performance perspective but that the head coach is off the rails emotionally and won’t even let his seniors speak after their final game because he’s petulant and mad at them. That the program is unstable.

Our head coach has been off the rails emotionally in post game pressers for 20 years. This isn’t a new development. Back to back underachieving 7-6 and
5-7 years speak for themselves.

Pharm Frog

Our head coach has been off the rails emotionally in post game pressers for 20 years. This isn’t a new development. Back to back underachieving 7-6 and
5-7 years speak for themselves.

True on the first point but only dealing now with this particular recruiting class. True on the second point as well which signals performance decline but just handing them extra ammo to negatively recruit against you is just so stupid.

Moose Stuff

True on the first point but only dealing now with this particular recruiting class. True on the second point as well which signals performance decline but just handing them extra ammo to negatively recruit against you is just so stupid.

I understand what you’re saying, I’m just not super worried about anything he did after the game being any different than his usual performance. I also don’t really see anything to negatively recruit with there if I’m being honest but perhaps I’m naive. In the end I think people would be very surprised if they knew how little recruits and their families paid attention to or cared about stuff like that. I’d be willing to bet most of them didn’t watch our game yesterday.

Last edited:

Frogcrates

What do you think presidents salary is?

With or without emoluments?

lard1.jpg

Ron Swanson

whats his season completion %? My guess is 47%. I know he had a few bad games in high 30s and low 40s %
So much of that is a result of Max being a true freshman QB playing in a bad system behind a bad OL. This is a whole lot like Boykin in 2012/2013. It’s really hard to play QB as an underclassman in a bad system where there are defenders in the backfield ALL THE TIME. The game comes at you fast and everything is rushed and you just aren’t comfortable.

If we can get an efficient offensive system and the OL improves its play, I predict we will magically see Max’s completion percentage skyrocket as a result over the next 3 seasons.

Max has a long ways to go, but he was dealt a tough hand this year and I was impressed with his play and how he handled it.

flyfishingfrog

No but if I’m an opposing recruiter they’re being told about them today if not last night. Mom’s and Dad’s too.
Didn’t your kid get recruited to play baseball?

did coaches that negative recruited influence you and your sons decision?

I always thought it made them feel they lacked confidence in their own program to talk crap about someone else’s

y2kFrog

The weird thing is as soon as the game was over, I thought, I can relax this bowl season and not have to watch this team try to play in the cheeze it bowl again. Then I looked down and I saw a couple the seniors kneeling down and getting emotional realizing it was their final game and I felt sorry for them. Then GP gets blasted for saying the same thing after the game.

Moose Stuff

Didn’t your kid get recruited to play baseball?

did coaches that negative recruited influence you and your sons decision?

I always thought it made them feel they lacked confidence in their own program to talk crap about someone else’s

I agree completely but I’m not sure every parent and player are able to look at it the same way you and I would. I do believe however that the kids that commit to TCU for the most part have ALREADY heard the negative pitches from other coaches and chose TCU anyway. I worry about recruits decommitting because that’s what recruits do but I’m not worried about them doing it because Gary said bowl games are stressful on coaches or didn’t let his SRs do the post game presser (maybe none of them wanted to?).

Moose Stuff

The weird thing is as soon as the game was over, I thought, I can relax this bowl season and not have to watch this team try to play in the cheeze it bowl again. Then I looked down and I saw a couple the seniors kneeling down and getting emotional realizing it was their final game and I felt sorry for them. Then GP gets blasted for saying the same thing after the game.

We don’t deal with losses real well on here.

Strat Frog

Where does AD Donati figure in here? Shouldn’t he be held accountable too, and therefore help drive changes with the coaching staff?