• The KillerFrogs

Bye Cumbie

Mean Purple

If OU gives up 345 yds of offense we will end up with the number 1 defense for the 4th time in 7 years in the big 12 with never finishing outside of the top 3. This is GP’s team and it is his job to figure out the offense. Get that fixed and we are going to start killing people again.
Just shows how bad the offense really is.

Mean Purple

I understand that. That’s my point. Crappy coaching did not help this team at all. Better coached team might have been able to win the conference. I didn’t say winning those two games would have won it. My point was if the team was that close in the two games against the top two teams, then perhaps we would have had a better chance to win the conference.
What if GP has lost the locker room?

ticketfrog123

I have no agenda other than a complete lack of respect for the offensive coaching staff. Period.

If you don't like my opinion, don't read it.

I appreciate your comments. For what it’s worth, I don’t think anything you’re saying is over the top or offensive.

thoughts on Meachum?

Mean Purple

I understand that. That’s my point. Crappy coaching did not help this team at all. Better coached team might have been able to win the conference. I didn’t say winning those two games would have won it. My point was if the team was that close in the two games against the top two teams, then perhaps we would have had a better chance to win the conference.
No doubt better coaching would have been the difference. Because a lot of this stuff going on should have been addressed 3 offseasons ago. GP should answer for that.

The "I'm not offense " bit does not fly.

TheFDN

I have no agenda other than a complete lack of respect for the offensive coaching staff. Period.

If you don't like my opinion, don't read it.
I have a feeling this has more to do with our offensive staff sucking, which it does. Wasn’t your son a walk-on here?
If you want to blast the staff for not being able to execute an offense, fire away. But if you’re all disgruntled because little Johnny wasn’t given a fair shake, then you’re just another little league dad whose son didn’t make the pros because the coaches didn’t know what they’re doing.
Spill the beans. What’s your agenda?

Last edited:

LeagueCityFrog

We scored one touchdown on offense today at home, vs a bad West Virginia team that had a ton of players bolt the program after Holgorsen bolted for UH. Are we really that bad?

Defense played pretty well today.

Changes need to be made. At a minimum, Cumbie demoted to QB coach. I would not be shocked if he got himself and others canned today.

Gary still has that juice as Coach P for the defense.

Mean Purple

GP is the problem, he must correct this mess. We had them down 4 with 4:30 left and the defense could not stop them. GP needs an offense to assist his defense that can no longer win by 1.
It is funny that folks still have hope that he will change from the defense is enough mind set. When we had the offense rolling, he could not handle that it was offense and not defense being talked about. He is as arrogant as any HC.
And here is the odd part, his defense has given up big plays in close games since we got to the Big 12.
We had an offense that could make up for it. But he handed the keys to the worse branch of the Leach tree. The fruit of that tree has been figured out. AMD Cumbie cant effectively call anything else.
The game has changed.so what OC would come here? Would GP let them do what is needed?

Oh, and when is the parade and trophy presentation for the T.OP. marks?

Mean Purple

We scored one touchdown on offense today at home, vs a bad West Virginia team that had a ton of players bolt the program after Holgorsen bolted for UH. Are we really that bad?

Defense played pretty well today.

Changes need to be made. At a minimum, Cumbie demoted to QB coach. I would not be shocked if he got himself and others canned today.

Gary still has that juice as Coach P for the defense.
Yes, we really are that bad.
1 fricking td on offense.
And this team has looked soft all season. We have missed at so many positions. Get a new OC, but realize it could take 2 years to get back to being good. 4 years of bad offensive coaching is a lot to come back from.

ticketfrog123

I have a feeling this has more to do with our offensive staffing sucking, which it does. Wasn’t your son a walk-on here?
If you want to blast the staff for not being able to execute an offense, fire away. But if you’re all disgruntled because little Johnny wasn’t given a fair shake, then you’re just another little league dad whose son didn’t make the pros because the coaches didn’t know what you’re doing.
Spill the beans. What’s your agenda?

Let’s be civil here. #1 he is not the parent of the student-athlete you’re thinking of or referencing.

#2 our offensive coaching at every position has been absolute crap. What games are you watching to start blasting this guy about him having an agenda? Most of the posters here agree the offense is total poop.

TCUWIN

I see two sides of the coin here. First, there’s a lot of things going on within this program that I cant comprehend. There’s too many yes men on this staff as assistants for our team to be successful. A lot of former players and even a glorified defensive coordinator yes man. I find it hard to believe that there’s a lot of new and innovative ideas currently being pushed through this program. Cumbie is obviously not cut out to be OC, but it doesn’t stop at him. Every position on this team is seemingly poorly prepared and there is no pride instilled in these players wearing the TCU uniform. That is a culture issue and it starts at the top and trickles down. On the other side of the coin, is a team who lost mostly close games and could be on the precipice of becoming a leading Big 12 team as Duggan hopefully grows. I could easily see riding this wave for one more year and I firmly believe that’s what will happen. No changes and hope this team can get over the hump. I also suspect our ADJD is essentially a yes man and Gary might as well be running the athletic program at TCU. Hopefully this season won’t translate horribly into recruiting I’ll cross my fingers on that one. But this is nothing less than an extremely disappointing year and these years are becoming more and more frequent.
Very well put! I agree completely.

Did he ever find the film room?
I think it's kind of interesting that this narrative emerged when he announced he was leaving but it was the complete opposite of that when he was out there playing with an injury. I'm not saying that there isn't something to it and I know the drill with him changing schools but to the extent that he's saying he didn't get good coaching at TCU, that is without question. Just look at QB development since Boykin left and that tells you everything you need to know.

TCUWIN

What if GP has lost the locker room?
I wouldn’t be surprised if the defensive players lost respect with the offensive system, there for blaming Patterson for not doing anything to fix it. If that happened, then I fully believe the defensive players would lose faith in Patterson—-thus having him lose the locker room.

Mean Purple

I wouldn’t be surprised if the defensive players lost respect with the offensive system, there for blaming Patterson for not doing anything to fix it. If that happened, then I fully believe the defensive players would lose faith in Patterson—-thus having him lose the locker room.
The offensive coaching can be the only reason offensive players have not produced. Not excusing lack of effort, but it has been pretty startling at times. Has to be frustration.