• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Too wet for couch burning edition

LisaLT

15-36 in pass attempts is not a good stat. Max not on his game today. Didn’t run much either. Obviously a poorly called offensive game. GP needs to make the tough call here and shake up the offensive coaching staff.

This was the worst game of the year bar none. A team we should beat handily AT HOME with bowl eligibility on the line and this is what we get. Unreal.

No cheez-it bowl for TCU lol!

Bummer, but I can’t say I really care if we made another cheez-it bowl. 6-6 is still not where we would want to be anyhow so here’s hoping for a better 2020 season and the necessary changes to help get us there.

Sebastian S

I saw plenty of plays, in this game and others, when he had sufficient time to make a read and throw the ball. He played like a true freshman, and this was a learning season full of growing pains. Growing pains hurt.

would love to be on a level where there aren’t growing pains.

Where reaching the playoffs is a must and even a conference championship isn’t enough

A man can dream... teams like ou, Ohio state, Alabama, now Clemson

Pharm Frog

You dont fire the most successful coach in program history until the program reaches a point where its not even competitive anymore. We are still competitive as a program, we just aren't winning. When you start having your team quit, and start being uncompetitive in games, thats when you pull the plug on your most successful coach in history.

Otherwise you risk becoming Nebraska. Consistency is a big deal in college football.

So wait until back to back 3-8? History should earn you some time but not thinking rock bottom is how long to wait. He’s already the second longest tenured coach. Program direction is a bigger deal to me. Not sure rock bottom is where a school like TCU can rebound from.

Christcu

So wait until back to back 3-8? History should earn you some time but not thinking rock bottom is how long to wait. He’s already the second longest tenured coach. Program direction is a bigger deal to me. Not sure rock bottom is where a school like TCU can rebound from.
You may get your wish....but get a tax write-off and send a check to the Frog Club.

LVH

We are far, far closer to being a 9-3 team than a 3-9 team. If most of our 7 losses were blowout losses, you'd have a point. But we were still a competitive team this year, you don't clean house and start the program over when you are just a few tweaks away from being where you need to be.

You're acting like we lost all of our games 58-0 this year.

Strat Frog

It’s hard to imagine it, but this loss is exactly what we needed... Can’t hide from the problems another season and stick with ‘grow em up’. Hopefully this brings about needed changes and some fresh air via new coaching/players.

Froggy Style

Either everyone or
Should never come to this. This years team has had a glass jaw all year. We can rip Texas one week, hang with Baylor and Oklahoma but get destroyed by SMU. Going to be a long off season- more questions than answers tonight. That and we need to get more imaginative on offense.
Defines our season...game plan is to make Gary the hero. Win by one.. aggressive when we need to be...otherwise, just try to keep it close so Gary looks good. Be creative, get the lead...then hand off up the middle.

Deep pass...for TD...and lose.

HFrog1999

Not sure if changing the head coach is the answer but you are 100% correct that the program is in reverse.

5PRUD_.gif

Froggy Style

We are far, far closer to being a 9-3 team than a 3-9 team. If most of our 7 losses were blowout losses, you'd have a point. But we were still a competitive team this year, you don't clean house and start the program over when you are just a few tweaks away from being where you need to be.

You're acting like we lost all of our games 58-0 this year.
You must feel great that we were close to being better than 5-7.