• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Wyoming MBB

Francis Xav

Fish was not asked to leave. As a matter of fact, everyone (TCU coaches, his family, his AAU coach, etc.) told him to stay. They told him that he wouldn't get better medical attention anywhere else. Was even offered the Mavs medical staff to look at him. He declined.

The TCU staff was surprised how the whole thing went down. The team went on a road trip and when they came back Fish informed them he had entered the transfer portal.

Dang,

I didnt know any of this. What was the catalyst? It isnt like he wasnt in the lineup when healthy. From the outside It looked like he was pushed out and if he was I couldnt blame any of the coaches.

It seemed like he would never be healthy.

Skip Jansen

Dang,

I didnt know any of this. What was the catalyst? It isnt like he wasnt in the lineup when healthy. From the outside It looked like he was pushed out and if he was I couldnt blame any of the coaches.

It seemed like he would never be healthy.

Francis-

It's like I said in an earlier post. Fish self-sabatoges himself.

It's almost as if he would rather have blame and controversy than to play on a very good team and play in the NCAA Tournament.

You work your whole life to get to that point and then you don't allow yourself the very thing you worked so hard to get. It doesn't make any sense.

Skip Jansen

Davis is making our staffs ability to evaluate talent on the floor look bad so far this year

he is doing exactly what we need - a PG that can dish it when needed or can score to make up when others are off for the night

But... that's not what happened. Has nothing to do with talent evaluation.

Kendric wouldn't/couldn't do the work required to be a student at TCU.

flyfishingfrog

But... that's not what happened. Has nothing to do with talent evaluation.

Kendric wouldn't/couldn't do the work required to be a student at TCU.
My point was more how we used him on the floor last year and even how we limited our use of him vs ARod last year

he is a lot more dynamic than he was in our scheme and it is not just due to another offseason- he is doing things we just don’t do in the floor with anyone

although we could have worked with him academically just like SMU had to do to get him back up minimum standards if it had mattered to TCU...let’s not act like SMU is easier than TCU or that his grade issues would not have followed him

Skip Jansen

My point was more how we used him on the floor last year and even how we limited our use of him vs ARod last year

he is a lot more dynamic than he was in our scheme and it is not just due to another offseason- he is doing things we just don’t do in the floor with anyone

although we could have worked with him academically just like SMU had to do to get him back up minimum standards if it had mattered to TCU...let’s not act like SMU is easier than TCU or that his grade issues would not have followed him

I don't disagree with your first issue (how he was used vs. Alex last year). I'm just not sure how I was suppose to decipher or discern that it was your "point", from your first post.

Last edited:

Farmfrog

Davis is making our staffs ability to evaluate talent on the floor look bad so far this year

he is doing exactly what we need - a PG that can dish it when needed or can score to make up when others are off for the night

If you think KD would be scoring the same amount as he has at SMU then I’ve got some swamp land to sell you. The offense they run is so different from ours it isn’t even funny. Worry about the ones here not the ones who aren’t.

MTfrog5

If you think KD would be scoring the same amount as he has at SMU then I’ve got some swamp land to sell you. The offense they run is so different from ours it isn’t even funny. Worry about the ones here not the ones who aren’t.
And it was against Hofford

flyfishingfrog

I don’t think he would because I think we would running the same offense this year we ran last year - because we are and getting the same results so far

thus my point about not evaluating our talent well - we either aren’t fitting our offense to our players or aren’t recruiting the players that fit our offense it seems

Farmfrog

The talent identification is something I can agree with and that’s a factor in why KD isn’t here anymore. FF is a nice player, especially when his shot improves, and is the kind of point that Jamie likes.

Moose Stuff

Fish was not asked to leave. As a matter of fact, everyone (TCU coaches, his family, his AAU coach, etc.) told him to stay. They told him that he wouldn't get better medical attention anywhere else. Was even offered the Mavs medical staff to look at him. He declined.

The TCU staff was surprised how the whole thing went down. The team went on a road trip and when they came back Fish informed them he had entered the transfer portal.

Basically confirms my previous impression of him..... he’s an idiot.