• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Wyoming MBB

TRF51

JD has finished 7th, 5th and 8th in the B12 after T Johnson finished 10th, 10th, 9th and 10th. Last year was a gut punch of injuries and defections. Man memories are short around here

Cool story bro! My point was we play a soft preseason schedule, which we do, more then we are a bottom feeder in the big 12, which we are and have been.

Purp

Baylor is the team to beat in college football and basketball (which are the only sports that really matter) in the state of Texas at this point. Tech is strong in hoops but not football. I don’t see Baylor getting kicked out of the big 12 anytime soon.
What about the most important sport? Women's basketball needs some respect.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Baylor is the team to beat in college football and basketball (which are the only sports that really matter) in the state of Texas at this point. Tech is strong in hoops but not football. I don’t see Baylor getting kicked out of the big 12 anytime soon.
PhonyThatFlicker-size_restricted.gif

Skip Jansen

JD has finished 7th, 5th and 8th in the B12 after T Johnson finished 10th, 10th, 9th and 10th. Last year was a gut punch of injuries and defections. Man memories are short around here

In addition. The non-conference schedule this year is very good.

It's too bad what happened last year. Frogs were ranked as high as 18th (in the country) early on and were playing like a top 10 team when they went to Los Angeles and drilled USC.

netty2424

When will TCU play in a real tournament like the one in Maui or the one in the Bahamas? It seems like we play the little sisters of the poor and don’t challenge ourselves at all until conference games where we win 30-40% of our games. Then when selection days comes around we have nothing aside from being the 7-9th best team in a 9 team conference.
Watched that Dayton KU game tonight. Dayton is a really good team. Was a fun one to watch.

Cool story bro! My point was we play a soft preseason schedule, which we do, more then we are a bottom feeder in the big 12, which we are and have been.
Cool story? I’m not the one engaging in hyperbole. Half the premise of your post is Demi stably false. Since you want to go there though, I’ll add that the reason TCU is not in the Maui Invitational is because they don’t get invited. The MI invites generally one team from each P5 and it is usually Kansas or the like. One reason the Frogs haven’t been to the Bahamas is because the damn thing began in 2017. There is enough to constructively criticize about this team without making [ Finebaum ] up

Skip Jansen

So just who was catalyst for the mass exodus. an injured Fisher. Players not playing but sure they should be startin . Too much Hawaii Poi Poi?

I think "mass exodus" is overstating it slightly.

- Yuat's injury was the first shoe to drop.

- Archie (around the same time) decided
TCU was a level above where he needed to play.

- Fish's injury was the killer. That changed everything.

Don't want to go into too much depth, but Fish has a 'self-sabotage' type personality. People like that usually don't make the best decision for themselves, no matter what others (who have their best interest in mind) try to tell them.

Francis Xav

Don't want to go into too much depth, but Fish has a 'self-sabotage' type personality. People like that usually don't make the best decision for themselves, no matter what others (who have their best interest in mind) try to tell them.

The Archie thing is befuddling. At minimum, he played good defense and was a very very good athlete. Seemingly had no skill though. And he really left way too early. The difference between how polished him and say Fuller and Smith are is staggering. Hope these freshmen are bought in. For the hype PJ had, he seems humble.

Francis Xav

Skip...was Fisher “asked” to leave?

also, did Yuat really punch a wall haha?

Skip Jansen

The Archie thing is befuddling. At minimum, he played good defense and was a very very good athlete. Seemingly had no skill though. And he really left way too early. The difference between how polished him and say Fuller and Smith are is staggering. Hope these freshmen are bought in. For the hype PJ had, he seems humble.

I think you are dead on the money. Archie had a chance to become an outstanding defender, but didn't have the basketball skills you need at this level.

Skip Jansen

Skip...was Fisher “asked” to leave?

also, did Yuat really punch a wall haha?

Fish was not asked to leave. As a matter of fact, everyone (TCU coaches, his family, his AAU coach, etc.) told him to stay. They told him that he wouldn't get better medical attention anywhere else. Was even offered the Mavs medical staff to look at him. He declined.

The TCU staff was surprised how the whole thing went down. The team went on a road trip and when they came back Fish informed them he had entered the transfer portal.

Last edited:

Bill Bozeat

Fish was not asked to leave. As a matter of fact, everyone (TCU coaches, his family, his AAU coach, etc.) all told him to stay. They told him that he wouldn't get better medical attention anywhere else. Was even offered the Mavs medical staff to look at him. He declined.

The TCU staff was surprised how the whole thing went down. The team went on a road trip and when they came back Fish informed them he had entered the transfer portal.
Thanks for your insight and candor

flyfishingfrog

Davis is making our staffs ability to evaluate talent on the floor look bad so far this year

he is doing exactly what we need - a PG that can dish it when needed or can score to make up when others are off for the night