• The KillerFrogs

TCU Volleyball Senior Night at the Rickel (7p Wednesday)

Pharm Frog

FYI....I'm sure there aren't many who can make it but just in case you're looking for something to do tomorrow night the ladies are playing OU at the Rickel and the tickets are just $1. Daughter of Pharm, Boyfriend of Daughter of Pharm, and I will be there. The Mrs. is staying home to play hostess to the in-laws. You'll see a scrappy young team that makes some head-scratching decisions and lose concentration from time to time and watch one of the most talented players I've seen in quite awhile (McCall). Fair warning -- the volume of music they play between points can be eardrum damaging and the video display has a large tetris shape that is malfunctioning which renders it unwatchable.

NOTE: They are asking fans to bring socks, chapstick and/or cough drops to donate for the benefit of the homeless population.

Pharm Frog

Well that was certainly fun. Though the Frogs lost in 4 games, it was entertaining if not very good volleyball. Frogs won G1 26-24 and were very competitive in G2 until the unforced error bug bit again (mainly service errors). Got their doors blown off in G3 and most were thinking G4 would be a quick one too. Nope. Sooners took it 36-34 after some amazing rallies.

OU will be an NCAA tourney team and basically we lost to a junior-heavy team but their best player is actually a graduate student. Thinking this core of youngsters has a chance to be pretty good if they can develop more consistency. Got to think this freshman setter will get better and that should make the offense run smoother. Got some real young hitters that have a chance to be good and McCall is already good enough to draw full attention from the opponent.

And FWIW — tonight was the largest crowd in the JK era. Packed them into the Rickel and were turning people away with almost no students in the gym. If they are going to keep having crowds that have to stand three rows deep (same with the Tech match), someone’s going to need to rethink this venue.

Moose Stuff

FYI....I'm sure there aren't many who can make it but just in case you're looking for something to do tomorrow night the ladies are playing OU at the Rickel and the tickets are just $1. Daughter of Pharm, Boyfriend of Daughter of Pharm, and I will be there. The Mrs. is staying home to play hostess to the in-laws. You'll see a scrappy young team that makes some head-scratching decisions and lose concentration from time to time and watch one of the most talented players I've seen in quite awhile (McCall). Fair warning -- the volume of music they play between points can be eardrum damaging and the video display has a large tetris shape that is malfunctioning which renders it unwatchable.

NOTE: They are asking fans to bring socks, chapstick and/or cough drops to donate for the benefit of the homeless population.

I read that as socks, CHOPsticks, and cough drops and got confused for little bit.

Moose Stuff

Well that was certainly fun. Though the Frogs lost in 4 games, it was entertaining if not very good volleyball. Frogs won G1 26-24 and were very competitive in G2 until the unforced error bug bit again (mainly service errors). Got their doors blown off in G3 and most were thinking G4 would be a quick one too. Nope. Sooners took it 36-34 after some amazing rallies.

OU will be an NCAA tourney team and basically we lost to a junior-heavy team but their best player is actually a graduate student. Thinking this core of youngsters has a chance to be pretty good if they can develop more consistency. Got to think this freshman setter will get better and that should make the offense run smoother. Got some real young hitters that have a chance to be good and McCall is already good enough to draw full attention from the opponent.

And FWIW — tonight was the largest crowd in the JK era. Packed them into the Rickel and were turning people away with almost no students in the gym. If they are going to keep having crowds that have to stand three rows deep (same with the Tech match), someone’s going to need to rethink this venue.

I watched on TV. We just need to grow them up.