• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Moose Stuff

I know the stories have been dug up, but when did people start realizing AB was a complete POS?

It seems like if anything he’s doubled down on that slimy persona of his.
I’ve got a buddy who is a HS football referee. Long before any of this Baylor stuff went down he told me he’d never been treated worse by a coach than how Briles treated him and that it wasn’t even close.

Eight

I know the stories have been dug up, but when did people start realizing AB was a complete POS?

would guess when art was the head coach at stephenville high school so i late 80's

Mean Purple

There were some who were aware of his slimey crap when he was coaching high school in Stephenville. Then he just kept is pos style when he was at Houston. I remember a family member from the coaching ranks telling me that BU hiring him was gonna bite them in the tail end. Like the Ramsey guy in the article Geezer posted, so many fans at BU were just wanting to be big time they would cover for anything. His known cheating at recruiting was known to an extent by some before the huge scandal surfaced. When that surfaced, bu got the full national attention they were craving.

Mean Purple

What’s the over/under on the NCAA ever doing anything about that?
Should we place separate odds on:
DOJ
DOE Title IX
Texas Rangers
PTA
Not sure on the odds for NCAA. Some don't think anything will happen, some think there will be something. Folks may use Penn State as an example of how bu would get away with it, but Penn State is a different set up all together. Did not really involve the team. So there was nothing covered to give "competitive advantage". Bu kept players from being punished so they could get them to play ... using it for "competitive advantage." Not to mentioned getting vehicles for players through supporters, recruiting violations and some academic fraud.
NCAA generally puts the weight on issues done for competitive advantage.

So who knows.

But Chase Young just sat for two games at Ohio State because he took a loan from a "family friend." Real hard to prove if they were or were not truly family friends, and he paid it back. If the NCAA is hitting folks for nickels and dimes, you think they would go after something like what went on at bu.

FrogCop19

Not sure on the odds for NCAA. Some don't think anything will happen, some think there will be something. Folks may use Penn State as an example of how bu would get away with it, but Penn State is a different set up all together. Did not really involve the team. So there was nothing covered to give "competitive advantage". Bu kept players from being punished so they could get them to play ... using it for "competitive advantage." Not to mentioned getting vehicles for players through supporters, recruiting violations and some academic fraud.
NCAA generally puts the weight on issues done for competitive advantage.

So who knows.

But Chase Young just sat for two games at Ohio State because he took a loan from a "family friend." Real hard to prove if they were or were not truly family friends, and he paid it back. If the NCAA is hitting folks for nickels and dimes, you think they would go after something like what went on at bu.
I think after the PedoU stuff they made a decision to only go after the little stuff. That way they can justify their existence and say, "See? We're getting those cheaters!" But when something big happens? "Well, that's out of our jurisdiction."

Whoa, that slipped through the filters...

Kitty-cats.

Pharm Frog

Did y'all read that?

“His name did float around at the meeting today,” club president James Patton said of Briles. “It was acknowledged and talked about, but we didn’t specifically dwell on it. He does have a recognizable name that could bring some attention to the university.”

"Moreover, athletic director Marco Born’s description of what he wants in a new coach seems to fit Briles’ background, save for the scandal."

“I just want to see Lamar start winning again,” Patton said.

TX_Krötenechse

And now they wait to gauge public reaction.

The more distant the memories of this thing become, people will begin to not care as much. He’ll eventually slip into a college coaching job when the outrage isn’t at a level that’s manageable.
I agree. And since he’ll be at a place like Lamar, when he cheats it won’t really be noticed because who cares what happens at Lamar? In a few years some G5 school will use his success at Lamar to give him a shot, etc

I doubt he ever makes it back to a real school (to whatever extent that applies to Baylor) but he’ll definitely be a college coach again at some point, sadly

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I agree. And since he’ll be at a place like Lamar, when he cheats it won’t really be noticed because who cares what happens at Lamar? In a few years some G5 school will use his success at Lamar to give him a shot, etc

I doubt he ever makes it back to a real school (to whatever extent that applies to Baylor) but he’ll definitely be a college coach again at some point, sadly
He’s about to be 64, is he going to be Bill Snyder with rape?

FrogCop19

Did y'all read that?

“His name did float around at the meeting today,” club president James Patton said of Briles. “It was acknowledged and talked about, but we didn’t specifically dwell on it. He does have a recognizable name that could bring some attention to the university.”

"Moreover, athletic director Marco Born’s description of what he wants in a new coach seems to fit Briles’ background, save for the scandal."

“I just want to see Lamar start winning again,” Patton said.
Wherever there is a crack in the wall, rot will inevitably set in. People like Briles will always have a place to fester because there are always going to be people willing to compromise their ethics to gain power and success.

AroundWorldFrog

And now they wait to gauge public reaction.

The more distant the memories of this thing become, people will begin to not care as much. He’ll eventually slip into a college coaching job when the outrage is at a level that’s manageable.
If he gets this job, Texas will be set to hire him when they fire Mensa. It was the plan all along, don't ya know.

I can't even imagine the amount of Baylor tears if that actually happened.