• The KillerFrogs

TCU v Clemson

Rose Bowl

Does everybody consider the hoops season is only conference games? I get excited about every game. Most people think the season is the nine home games in conference but I’m a fan who enjoys seeing every game.

Eight

Does everybody consider the hoops season is only conference games? I get excited about every game. Most people think the season is the nine home games in conference but I’m a fan who enjoys seeing every game.

good question rose bow....i enjoy watching the team develop over a season which is why i will watch the early games.

guess that is where the disappointment comes from at times. not from the losses, but the failure to see the progression some seasons.

Wexahu

good question rose bow....i enjoy watching the team develop over a season which is why i will watch the early games.

guess that is where the disappointment comes from at times. not from the losses, but the failure to see the progression some seasons.

This probably isn't a popular opinion but for the better part of JDs time here, this has been a poorly coached basketball team. Just all those things you see really sound teams do, teams that don't beat themselves.....we don't resemble them at all. And I'm not just piling on because of last night. I think the problem we have might start at the top.

Eight

This probably isn't a popular opinion but for the better part of JDs time here, this has been a poorly coached basketball team. Just all those things you see really sound teams do, teams that don't beat themselves.....we don't resemble them at all. And I'm not just piling on because of last night. I think the problem we have might start at the top.

i think you would find it very tough for anyone to argue that in the half court offense this has been a well coached team since vlad and kwilliams left the program

since then we have become a dribble behind the 3-point line dominated offense employing a pick set 20+ feet from the basket to start things with three other players stuck in a spot behind the arc.

y2kFrog

I wouldn’t say poorly considering what we saw the previous 15 years, but JD needs a serious analytics lesson. Although it hasn’t been quite as bad this year we shoot way too many mid range shots that just aren’t good shots. This years biggest offender is RJ, he has improved dramatically but if he would give up the mid range pull up he would be even better. We also seem to give up easy points on special situations that make a big difference in close games.

Eight

I wouldn’t say poorly considering what we saw the previous 15 years, but JD needs a serious analytics lesson. Although it hasn’t been quite as bad this year we shoot way too many mid range shots that just aren’t good shots. This years biggest offender is RJ, he has improved dramatically but if he would give up the mid range pull up he would be even better. We also seem to give up easy points on special situations that make a big difference in close games.

my problem with this line of thinking is that while jamie's teams have been better than what the tcu teams were for over a decade before him the program also has better facilities, more resources, and he and his staff are paid much more than any of his peers were during their time at tcu.

he has done good thiings, but there is nothing wrong with expectations being placed on him and the measuring stick are not the coaches and teams before him but his peers in the big 12.

not saying win or else, but there is nothing wrong with expecting his teams to be able to execute in the half court anymore than expecting sonny's receivers to catch or gary's defense to be properly aligned at the snap of the ball.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Well, I've given myself some time to stew on that game and I think it could end up being a positive.

It was made 40-foot-neon-sign clear to the entire country, much less the coaches, that THIS particular team may not respond positively to the clamshell, conservative, run the clock method. A good lesson to be re-emphasized. It's what we do with that lesson moving forward that will determine if we gained something from this.

Wexahu

my problem with this line of thinking is that while jamie's teams have been better than what the tcu teams were for over a decade before him the program also has better facilities, more resources, and he and his staff are paid much more than any of his peers were during their time at tcu.

he has done good thiings, but there is nothing wrong with expectations being placed on him and the measuring stick are not the coaches and teams before him but his peers in the big 12.

not saying win or else, but there is nothing wrong with expecting his teams to be able to execute in the half court anymore than expecting sonny's receivers to catch or gary's defense to be properly aligned at the snap of the ball.

Yep. We aren't paying him the crazy amount he's being paid to finish in the bottom half of the conference. Going into Year 4 and he is 22-32 in conference games with a T7th place, 5th place, and T7th place B12 finishes, and it's generally assumed this might be his worst team yet.

I think it's time he start showing he's worth the money we're paying him. Mainly by putting well-coached basketball teams on the floor.

netty2424

i think you would find it very tough for anyone to argue that in the half court offense this has been a well coached team since vlad and kwilliams left the program

since then we have become a dribble behind the 3-point line dominated offense employing a pick set 20+ feet from the basket to start things with three other players stuck in a spot behind the arc.
Worth noting, more flashing than actual picks. Which is a strange phenomenon in basketball these days that I don’t really understand the premise behind. You take a player like Samuel 20+ feet away from where he’s most beneficial, and he rarely actually sets the pick.

flyfishingfrog

wait - if I have my ticket stub, does that mean I can complain?

wondering if he thinks that response is going to be productive in either a) getting people to show up for more games or b) stop complaining about the worst collapse we have had at TCU in about a decade?

Curious if he has been to any games this year?

flyfishingfrog

Worth noting, more flashing than actual picks. Which is a strange phenomenon in basketball these days that I don’t really understand the premise behind. You take a player like Samuel 20+ feet away from where he’s most beneficial, and he rarely actually sets the pick.
I have always assume that is because Samuel doesn't know how to actually set the pick, not because he was just trying to fake it.

But maybe I am wrong.

I do agree he needs to stop though because he doesn't do it well either way and then he is also out of position under the boards afterward.

Eight

very good point

at least if you park kevin down on the low block bane and gray could use him to try to run their men off criss crossing along the baseline

it kills me to see players just go to a corner and not move. the frogs man's offense seriously reminds me of the zone offense we ran in high school.

netty2424

I have always assume that is because Samuel doesn't know how to actually set the pick, not because he was just trying to fake it.

But maybe I am wrong.

I do agree he needs to stop though because he doesn't do it well either way and then he is also out of position under the boards afterward.
It’s not just Samuel. Miller did that as well last year pretty consistently. I’m convinced it’s a learned technique.

Granted, I’m 20 years removed from the game so I’m not necessarily up to speed on what’s being taught these days, but it happens so often, I have to believe that’s part of the plan.

We got ripped in film for not setting the pick. Otherwise you’re just bringing a second defender to the ball.

GeoFrog

scheiss this team.

I'm done.

This loss is unforgivable.
You aren’t done. Don’t be so dramatic.
med_gallery_3_130_1184823.jpg