• The KillerFrogs

Jalen Reagor and 2020

LeagueCityFrog

Biletnikoff Award Finalists were announced today and no Jalen Reagor.

https://247sports.com/Article/bilet...-chase-michael-pittman-ceedee-lamb-139213474/

I went and looked at the 2019 national receiving statistics and no surprise with the spotty TCU offensive play calling, uncertainty the first 6 games at quarterback, and the receiver drops, Jalen Reagor is not in the Top 50 in America in receiving yards or touchdowns.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/752

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/455

I think he's a great athlete and frog, but offensive production gets pay checks, and the production numbers were not there in 2019 so far. The guts he showed at Oklahoma State was incredible. I think he should come back to TCU for the 2020 season and not leave college football until he accomplishes his stated goal of winning the Biletnikoff Award. There is no way he's going to get picked in the first two NFL draft rounds this cycle with the receivers in this 2020 draft class and their offensive production numbers.

Gary will get the offense fixed in the off season and we have a lot more knowns than unknowns going into 2020.

Go Frogs! Beat West Virginia!

y2kFrog

https://247sports.com/Article/bilet...-chase-michael-pittman-ceedee-lamb-139213474/

I went and looked at the 2019 national receiving statistics and no surprise with the spotty TCU offensive play calling, uncertainty the first 6 games at quarterback, and the receiver drops, Jalen Reagor is not in the Top 50 in America in receiving yards or touchdowns.

I think he's a great athlete and frog, but offensive production gets pay checks, and the production numbers were not there in 2019 so far. The guts he showed at Oklahoma State was incredible. I think he should come back to TCU for the 2020 season and not leave college football until he accomplishes his stated goal of winning the Biletnikoff Award. There is no way he's going to get picked in the first two NFL draft rounds this cycle with the receivers in this 2020 draft class and their offensive production numbers.

Gary will get the offense fixed in the off season and we have a lot more knowns than unknowns going into 2020.

He's definitely 3rd to 5th at best based on the way he's played this year. Receivers rarely go in the first round anyway unless they are legit physical specimens. Even Michael Thomas was a mid second round pick. He could definitely improve his draft stock with an improved Duggan and new offensive philosophy.

Punter1

He's definitely 3rd to 5th at best based on the way he's played this year. Receivers rarely go in the first round anyway unless they are legit physical specimens. Even Michael Thomas was a mid second round pick. He could definitely improve his draft stock with an improved Duggan and new offensive philosophy.

Dude...there is gonna be at least five 1st round WRs this year. Its widely recognized as one of the deepest WR classes in years.

I personally think he's at worst a mid 3rd but could be as high a late 1st with a great combine.

Mean Purple

Dude...there is gonna be at least five 1st round WRs this year. Its widely recognized as one of the deepest WR classes in years.

I personally think he's at worst a mid 3rd but could be as high a late 1st with a great combine.
For sure, this class is loaded with rcvrs. There are several who are rumored (not counted on) to come out early.

robbroyy

He definitely won’t be missed as much as you think next year because he only fair catches every punt and gets 1 catch per game. Can’t miss what you don’t have.

We miss him this year based off last years production.

jake102

His draft position will be entirely based on his 40 time. I think his ceiling is early 2nd round, floor is early 4th round. Late 2nd/early 3rd likely

Mean Purple

Probably no position in football has more players who think they are better than they are than WR.
I think he would be better suited coming back.

And yes, WRs always have that gamer mind set. I think that is why boykin (not the dog) was not afraid to throw some risky passes. He had run some of those routes in games. So he just saw it as the rcvr goes up the ladder and takes it.

He is a gamer and will be missed. Especially when it comes to teams having to game plan against his talent. Hope he comes back for one more season. Get TCU back on track with some new offensive coaching...TCU is going to change even if Cumbie stays at OC. All depends on what the NFL scouts think and his advisors (which includes TCU advisors, family, other NFL consultants, etc.)

y2kFrog

There are definitely good receivers out there, but just wait until GMs start falling in love with a bunch of QBs and lineman like they do every year. Where they rank doesn’t mean they’ll get drafted there.

As for Reagor, he’s fast but right now that’s about it. I’ll repeat Michael Thomas was picked 47th. Do you think Reagor really is the same planet as him?

VA Froggie

Thanks for a positive comment, very refreshing.... Go Frogs

LeagueCityFrog

Blacklock and Bethley will both be back next season. With the Eastside completed, the offense hopefully fixed in the off season, and the majority of the teams we lost to by one score in 2019 coming to The Carter in 2020. Also less uncertainty at quarterback with Max, Downing, and Baldwin, I'm bullish on 2020. I'm also off the happy, mad, smiling, depressed Gary as an indication of where the 2020 season is going.

RoyaltyWorePurple

Blacklock and Bethley will both be back next season. With the Eastside completed, the offense hopefully fixed in the off season, and the majority of the teams we lost to by one score in 2019 coming to The Carter in 2020. Also less uncertainty at quarterback with Max, Downing, and Baldwin, I'm bullish on 2020. I'm also off the happy, mad, smiling, depressed Gary as an indication of where the 2020 season is going.
I really hope that you're right. As those guys get better help from the outside (DE) and secondary, their numbers will look better. I think Blacklock may be gone though.

LeagueCityFrog

Thanks for a positive comment, very refreshing.... Go Frogs

Thank you. I try to make suggestions to make things better and win games. Winning equals fun. SMU beating TCU at home is not fun and I don't want to experience that type of weekend ever again.

I think Reagor will get 1st or 2nd round NFL money in the 2021 draft. The 2020 NFL receiver crop of draftees is too deep this cycle. We now have game proven weapons in Barber, Pro Wells, and A. Lynn who can take the one on ones off Reagor which was a problem for the TCU offense to start the 2019 season. Mad Max runs hard and so do those two stud freshman running backs.

Defense will be led by Garrett Wallow, Bethley, Blacklock, and the Aledo Boys. The way those freshman have been playing safety is also very encouraging. Defensive end and corner back development is needed and also learning how to defend the wheel route for the safeties and linebackers. Depth at linebacker should be there this cycle.

Go Frogs!

Limp Lizard

He was ranked #12 WR and #53 overall by McShea before the season began. Looks like maybe late second round, third or even 4th.

Frankly not many overachievers except for underclassmen on this year's team.

I am waffling about this program between being scared and not caring any more. The last 4 years (yes, even 2017) have been a beating.

H0RNEDFR0G

He got 1 reception in 9 targets against OU. I was in Norman and haven't re-watched the game yet. If I recall correctly 2 balls were bad drops. I don't know about the others.

His 16 yard rushing gain was really exciting.