• The KillerFrogs

Michael Collins

McGregor's Goat

I might be ridiculed for even bringing this up, but career passing numbers at TCU:

Pct - Y/A - TD - INT - Rating
Collins: 56.6 - 7.6 - 6 - 2 - 131.6
Duggan: 54.8 - 6.4 - 15 - 8 - 119.4

I understand that Duggan is more talented, is a much better runner, and most importantly is a true freshman. I fully agree that Duggan should be the starter. I think both guys have been hurt by playing in a poorly designed and coached offense. I'm just pointing out that Duggan isn't *already* a better passer than Collins. I think the fact that Duggan was a highly rated recruit and Collins was a transfer from Penn has a big impact on how people view both guys. If Collins had played against OU and the game went down the same way, with him going 7/21 for 65 yards, he would have taken a lot of crap for it.

What's done is done. Collins couldn't stay healthy and he wasn't great when he played (just better than Robinson or Delton). Now I just hope that Baldwin can play, we're suddenly very thin at the position.

ShreveFrog

^^^ Yeah, first I'd heard of that.

I'm wondering why Collins announced his decision before the last game? Seems he might have a chance to play on Friday if if if we could actually open up a sizable lead in the 4th.

I guess coaches will turn to Downing or Baldwin first now.

ThisIsOurTime

^^^ Yeah, first I'd heard of that.

I'm wondering why Collins announced his decision before the last game? Seems he might have a chance to play on Friday if if if we could actually open up a sizable lead in the 4th.

I guess coaches will turn to Downing or Baldwin first now.
Maybe he is still recovering from the injury and made a business decision based on it. Also, by announcing earlier I suppose he lets more coaches have an opportunity to learn about him.

nwlafrog

I might have some eligibility left

TediousFlickeringHammerheadbird-size_restricted.gif

Could’ve gone pro if I didn’t get Tommy John in both of my knees.

Frogmore

Seems likely that he was not going to be ready with a lacerated kidney. I'd think that is an injury that keeps you out longer than a couple weeks. This way, he gets his name in the portal and coaches can start talking to him.

Not sure we're gonna be opening up a sizable lead on Friday. I'm just hoping for a win and that Max stays healthy for the whole game.