• The KillerFrogs

Michael Collins

Frogo

The transfer portal is the problem with the QBs transferring. I haven't checked other schools. But I bet the transfer portal is pretty hot these days.

ThisIsOurTime

Bringing Alex Delton here was an unmitigated disaster and a colossal waste of time. Somebody should ask GP why the hell our plan was in starting Delton at railhead on thursday
Maybe not in the long run. Remember we had dealt with the Shawn Robinson disaster the year before. Playing Delton allowed Duggan to come along and not risk a similar fate. Now, Duggan has come out the other side with experience and no serious injury.

GP made it sound like Delton was the only graduate transfer QB who was interested in TCU. So we may not have had an alternative. If we had found a better guy like say Buechele, it would have meant Duggan wouldn't have developed this year. For the long term, it is probably better than Duggan got seasoning this year.

texas_sicilian

Not specific to Collins, because he gave it a legit shot, but I don’t know how you can establish meaningful depth at any position with the transfer portal madness moving forward...

It seems like more often than not, if you’re not first team, you’re gone.

Purp

We did via 4 games last year. He was QB in the Kansas loss.
And his performance wasn't the reason we lost that game. Not saying he was amazing last year, but the Kansas game is a bad example of his ability if you don't think he was very good.

westoverhillbilly

Collins just wasn't meant to be here at TCU as he was injured both years of his eligibility.. And he didn't exactly shine in his 5 meaningful games here- but even Trevor Lawrence wouldn't wouldn't have lit it up here if all of his receivers had butterfingers like Collins' corps did during his time here and he were reduced to running for his life..

Zubaz

Still, he's the first guy I'm going to think of for awhile if I think about guys who didn't get a fair shake from TCU's coaching staff. I hope he goes somewhere and lights it up next year.
I...guess? Let's be real, the guy was a backup at Penn (no shame there, he was a freshman and behind a guy that has floated around the NFL for a while), came here, was a backup that saw action included losing to Kansas before getting hurt. The following year he couldn't beat out either Delton or Duggan. Then he ruptured a spleen.

I'm sure he's a smart kid and wish him well, but not sure how much fairer a shake we could have given him.

Christcu

The transfer portal is the problem with the QBs transferring. I haven't checked other schools. But I bet the transfer portal is pretty hot these days.
It is the ruin of College Football.... recruiting is now a crapshoot at best. Loyalty is gone out the window. All D1's should add TPU to their name thto designate their status as a Transfer Portal University.

Zubaz

It is the ruin of College Football.... recruiting is now a crapshoot at best. Loyalty is gone out the window. All D1's should add TPU to their name thto designate their status as a Transfer Portal University.
Collins is a graduate transfer, he would have been able to transfer with immediate eligibility even before the transfer portal.

But please, continue to shake your fist at cloud.

Wexahu

Not related to Collins at all because I think he's probably a mature kid that knows what he's doing, but how many of these transfer portal guys are going to truly be better off when they transfer? I'd imagine the lion's share of them are just kids that are frustrated that things aren't working out like they want, and their first instinct is to jump ship, only to find out the place they go to isn't much different.

froginmn

Collins just wasn't meant to be here at TCU as he was injured both years of his eligibility.. And he didn't exactly shine in his 5 meaningful games here- but even Trevor Lawrence wouldn't wouldn't have lit it up here if all of his receivers had butterfingers like Collins' corps did during his time here and he were reduced to running for his life..
I get what you're saying, but did the same receivers have butterfingers for Shawn Robinson and Alex Delton? Did those two have to run for their lives too? Or do we look at various QBs through different lenses?