• The KillerFrogs

More BB games at Dickies?

Brog

Well, a week from Friday night we play USC at Dickies Arena, first Bball game there. Some of us were hoping it would be the last (at least for TCU). But here's what expert on everything Bud Kennedy says in today's Startlegram about the new arena:

It’s also perfect for basketball. The TCU Horned Frogs and Southern California tip off Dec. 6 at the new arena, and surely TCU will play a few games each year at Dickies Arena, along with its handsome campus Schollmaier Arena.

Is that just Bud's usual BS, or does he know something?

geno

Sure do hope Kennedy's prediction of several games a year at Dickies isn't correct. I might. be able to keep on doing one a year, but no more.

Tumbleweed

Attended a concert at Dickies recently. Does Ft. Worth proud as it is very nice. Basketball in that arena will be perfect along with show events but in rodeo configuration, not so much. For rodeo events they should stay at Will Rogers.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
UT and A&M are playing there on Dec 8 in the "Lone Star Showdown" or something like that.
If it's $25 to park (as it was at the Black Keys concert), I won't be attending a lot of games there.
Not to mention the $14 beer.

YA

Heck no this is a terrible idea to play anything there that isn't an early season tourney--and I am even against that

For several reasons I am against TCU playing anything there:

1. It will not be part of the season ticket package
2. $25 parking
3. If you like beer $10 or a mixed drink $20
4. We have a great relatively new arena that gives us home court
5. Does anyone really think TCU will fill a 14,000 seat arena for basketball

Just say no to any idea of playing at dickies. Anything else will be a failure for TCU sports and the fans.

Farmfrog

I think if anyone doesn’t want to go then please don’t go. I’m not going to call out someone for not going because I don’t know anyone’s situation. I’m going to be there ready to watch the Frogs.

GenXFrog

If it is at the expense of a pre-conference travel games, I'm okay with it. I'd rather not devalue my season tickets by giving up more home games.

TCUdirtbag

The language Bud uses makes it pretty clear it’s his (IMO a terrible) opinion of a good idea. TCU isn’t giving up more than 1 game a year. In fact, I bet we don’t see any there once the novelty of the new wears off.

ftwfrog

UT and A&M are playing there on Dec 8 in the "Lone Star Showdown" or something like that.
If it's $25 to park (as it was at the Black Keys concert), I won't be attending a lot of games there.
Not to mention the $14 beer.
You ordered the Ziegenbock?
Bud Light is $10 for a 25 oz beer.

That’s like paying 4.75$ for a light beer at a bar. (I know the argument over “light beer isn’t a beer!”)

Dickies Arena is a great venue, and Fort Worth should be proud of what they built and the acts they have already kept out of Dallas. Should we play a home game there? No. But only because we can’t fill our 5,000 seat arena, not because of the “ridiculous” beer prices.

arlingtonbell

if I donated a crap load of money to have an on campus hoops arena built im not sure I would be a very happy donor to see the product playing somewhere else