• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Ron Swanson

Another CB for Hayes. This one from the Oklahoma guy. To the point where it’d be a kick in the crotch to not get him, there’s obviously a lot of smoke there.
When that many crystal balls start coming in all at once, it usually means that one of the mods (likely JC in this instance) has heard the kid has already committed but hasn’t announced it publicly, and he shared the news with the other mods.

My guess is he is ours for now (but of course stuff can change)

Last edited:

Froggish

I know we are young and packed at DE having 4 with 3 years still to play, but we are anything but settled for the future. I hope we are still out there trying to upgrade our talent at the position.

Also I’m praying we are going to be playing in the transfer market for WR and OL

Eight

I know we are young and packed at DE having 4 with 3 years still to play, but we are anything but settled for the future. I hope we are still out there trying to upgrade our talent at the position.

Also I’m praying we are going to be playing in the transfer market for WR and OL

i would very much like to see a grad transfer interior offenisve lineman and wide receiver isn't a bad idea.

defensive end has to be a priority and depth at safety, curious about the health and futures of mike o and vonger

Wexahu

i would very much like to see a grad transfer interior offenisve lineman and wide receiver isn't a bad idea.

defensive end has to be a priority and depth at safety, curious about the health and futures of mike o and vonger

I'm curious about the health of Wes Harris. What happened to him? Will he ever play again?

Eight

Hayes tape looks like a clip out of Blind side

he definitely likes to finish off a block

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8503951/Garrett-Hayes

link to a clip froom hudl, i highly recommend the clip titled "mid-season highlights"

as bill points out it is filled with the much expected ciips of hayes mauling people, but i suggest watching clip #3 and clip #5

clip #3 says something about his quickness and attitude

clip #5 is something i don't think i have ever seen a near 300 lber do in a high school game and talks a bit to his agility

Eight

I'm curious about the health of Wes Harris. What happened to him? Will he ever play again?

wish i know as i asked about him in the game thread.

white got the start at right guard, but we never really know who is healthy and who is hurt.

one thing that is apparent is the frogs in the 2018 and 2019 class are not recruiting offensive linemen who are zone blocking, push guys over types.

coker, brown, barlow, bailey, and hayes are mash guys so does this mean we want to go back to a more power scheme like in 2017?

Moose Stuff

Interesting recruiting trend......

We have FOUR current commits from Texas high school kids (all top 100 guys FWIW). We have SEVEN from out of state high schools. All 7 are on the top 25 in their state and 5 are in the top 10.

Moose Stuff

Following Hayes commitment

4th in Big 12
39th in country
.8817 average rating (3rd in Big 12 by a significant margin and it’s a massive margin once you get past WV at 4th)

Eight

Following Hayes commitment

4th in Big 12
39th in country
.8817 average rating (3rd in Big 12 by a significant margin and it’s a massive margin once you get past WV at 4th)

tied for the second smallest class in the conference at 13 commits, but 4th and iowa state who is just above tcu in the rankings have 21 commits at this time.

as you said moose, the per prospect quality is very good and the staff isn't done with class so good thoughts on this right now

there are two highly regard defensive end prospects in the state of texas not named james sylvester so time to let fitch work his magic in manor or south houston

Last edited: