• The KillerFrogs

TCU v Clemson

Eight

Even with a very solid and competitive team, the Big 12 is just so damn deep and talented. Being a bubble team is probably best case scenario this year.

This loss has the potential to haunt us for a very long time.

this team has a long way to go before they reach the level of bubble team for the ncaa tournament

Eight

I will say the one positive I took, except for maybe the last few mins, we played better defense than I had seen in the last 2 years. More hustle in this team.

that has been the best thing i have seen from this team through the first 5 games, great deal of effort and they have been able to create some turnovers.

MTfrog5

Glad I didn’t watch that. RJ has been great last two games and is 1-5 for 2 points. Zero 3’s taken. Bane is 3-6 from the line. Goodness this has the making to be a long year if we are blowing 15 point leads

CountryFrog

It's still November so I don't care too much about this result, but if Bane continues playing the way he has the last 3 games then we may make another run at 0-18 in conference. We know the other guys are going to be inconsistent but he has to be much much much better.

MTfrog5

Can someone explain why we didn’t force Samuel the ball? Went 5/6 so I’d assume he had a nice matchup. We can’t shoot so I would like to see him get 10-12 shots a game

Pharm Frog

Can someone explain why we didn’t force Samuel the ball? Went 5/6 so I’d assume he had a nice matchup. We can’t shoot so I would like to see him get 10-12 shots a game

A lot of his points are stick backs and lobs. If you want him to get the ball more two things should happen:

1. Stop bringing him almost to mid court to set a high pick. Defenders don’t see him as even a remote threat after 6 feet

2. Miss more shots when he’s in prime rebounding position. Not even sure we can miss more than we are though

HFrog12

Sounds like it's a good thing I didn't stay up for the end. But based on comments it appears it is the same crap different year. Dixon trying to run clock at the end of the game forcing our own guys to take bad shots and not extend leads. It's crap. GP must tell Dixon to win by one point. When you are up 15 with 5 minutes left you should continue to bury them. 5 minutes is a lot of time.

MadFrog

I think 0-18 is a real possibility. This team looks like a bunch of players that nobody else wanted. We have a team of leftovers. Why we can’t find kids who can shoot free throws is beyond me. Other schools do it. Plus, we really don’t have a PG. I think Bane knows how bad we are and is losing interest. I just hope he does not add his name to our LONG list of quitters.

Eight

It's still November so I don't care too much about this result, but if Bane continues playing the way he has the last 3 games then we may make another run at 0-18 in conference. We know the other guys are going to be inconsistent but he has to be much much much better.

next game frogs play will be their 6th which is 20% through the schedule.

obviously nothing is set in stone and the team can form a different identity as players develop, but trends are appearing.

positives are this team has played hard on both ends of the floor, there is more athleticism on the perimeter, and there are signs this will be a solid defensive team

concerns are some things that carried over from last season. first, having samuel continually trying to set screens 20+ feet from the basket is a bit confusing as he isn't a threat that far out, his offensive strength is on the boards, and there has been a reluctance from the dribbler to attack the basket with the open lane

second, signs of the ball is going to be in the hands of whomever is scoring which might sound stupid but it sure seems everyone else just stops and watches,

the one thing we can't change is i do think the lack of size/strength at the four is going to be a problem in conference play

7 more games before big 12 play so time to watch how this team develops

y2kFrog

I think 0-18 is a real possibility. This team looks like a bunch of players that nobody else wanted. We have a team of leftovers. Why we can’t find kids who can shoot free throws is beyond me. Other schools do it. Plus, we really don’t have a PG. I think Bane knows how bad we are and is losing interest. I just hope he does not add his name to our LONG list of quitters.

Just think what you would have thought if we hadn't blown a 15 point lead.

LawFrog504

Not sure how many times we need to see this movie before this board accepts Dixon is a subpar offensive coach. The AR dribble for 25 seconds and turn it over or force a bad shot offense is still here just with a different cast of characters. Has to be addressed

LawFrog504

We go completely and utterly stagnant in the closing minutes of a game. I'll never understand why we don't run some action of some sort. It was literally nauseating to watch it last year with AR and a High PNR every time. Cannot believe we are still having these issues

Rose Bowl

Even after a night’s sleep this game has left a bad taste. This was a terrible loss on all fronts. Wyoming isn’t good but they are pretty solid on defense so with our ballhandling nothing should be taken for granted.

I was hesitant before the season about how good we would be but we now we see why most cbb guys thought we weren’t going to be very good. We need Desmond to be the star and it doesn’t seem like he has it in him. We need to clean up the turnovers quickly because we are going to be playing better teams going forward.