• The KillerFrogs

meanwhile, back in austin.......

Frog DJ

Viewing sports in the future.

Your new home has an area clear of tables, lights, furniture with seating arrangement in a circle in the center of the room.

You lower the lights, grab the remote and what you see next is a football game broadcast as a hologram. I'm told that is possible in the very near future. Just a thought but I wonder what that service what run? Of course in the beginning, those programs would be a special event.
I’ve been a first person witness to several amazing leaps in media technology, so I think you’re probably right, but “the very near future” is extremely subjective.

I’m 71-years old, and I don’t think I’ll live to see it, but very few people in my industry predicted streaming devices 20 years either, so no one knows for sure.

Go Frogs!

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
The next step is a streaming service making a serious run at something like the NCAA or NFL.

Imagine a Sunday Ticket kind of scenario where you can watch any game you want Saturday or Sunday, and for no more than you are already paying to watch whatever new original content series is tearing up the internet that your spouse wants to binge. That's what's coming.

If they're smart they'll pursue 2+ sports at once to avoid people only there for football canceling their subscription 6 months out of the year.

Some of this topic is related to my studies. Young people will shape this with their purchasing. Their spending priorities are different. There is a top level to what they will spend to watch sports. Big contracts for exclusive broadcast will not be profitable because young consumer will not spend as much to watch.

The TCU Football Jerk

Chris doesn't need to worry. Once realignment happens and UT leaves this dumpster fire of a conference everything will be alright. Don't believe me? Ask our colleagues down in Austin. They'll tell you. Their woes are because this is a stale conference and we're obviously dragging them down.

NF

Well the 'colleagues' down in Austin are just proving their Republic of Austin intellectual laziness then. The only better conferences in their current state are the Big 10 and the SEC. ACC is a dumpster fire minus 1 or 2 schools. Just where does UT think they'll go for greener grass? PAC 12? B12 money and exposure is better (no late night games when all the easterners have gone to sleep). Even if they think there will be some new conference, the SEC schools aren't going to need to readjust. So UT would still be left with some new configuration involving the PAC 12 or being added to the Big 10. And good luck with that. If Ut thinks they're irrelevant now, ask Nebraska how the Big 10 is working out. If UT and OU were smart, they'd realize they'd be better off trying to be the big fish in a perceived smaller pond. Cause if they can't make it in the B12, they ain't gonna make it anywhere else.

The TCU Football Jerk

It almost has to be new conferences altogether. Hand picked big enrollment state school and probably NDame. Then, along come the second tier and a third tier. Believe, action will start sometime before the tv contract ends, this will allow seamless video production. Remember, the new media contract(s) will include bidders like Amazon, Netflix, Utube and so on. These media mega outlets can absolutely bury ABC, CBS, Fox etc because they are flushed with HUGE amounts of money that ABC, Fox etc do not have. It's doing to change so dramatically we viewers won't recognize college football.

In the past year, I listened to a conversation we had with the past president of a major streaming giant and how they and other streaming giants, are looking at the future of sports, esp college football. When he concluded, the three of us just sat there dumbfounded and looked at one another.

Netflix doesn't have any money. They spend like they do, but they're hemorrhaging.

The TCU Football Jerk

Certainly agree.

As an example, if ...ESPN offered 250 million, the Amazon's of the world etc. would double that and if necessary, triple that. Plus offer technological advances. Either way, it's going to cost you to watch college ball. It could be .....cheaper to go to the game than watch it on tv OR possibly the price for a ticket would be about the same as watching it on tv. Remember, I said dramatically change. Not my words but the offerings of one of the biggest streaming companies.

And good luck with that model. As long as celestial radio exists I'll just listen to the games out in my Nitro Z21.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Having great charisma whether one-on-one or in front of a crowd, or on Twitter, doesn’t equal character, imo. Everyone who ever met Bill Clinton seemed to come away similarly impressed in the same way you just described... But I’m not gonna ask him to watch my girlfriend for me while I’m away. (Before I’m accused of politics I think trump is one of the worst people on the planet).

I’ll never forget or forgive Dell for the +4 hosing. It was deliberate, cynical, unnecessary and highly predictable in its negative consequences.
In hindsight, it’s no surprise how many times I ran into him at the UT breakfast hangout on Hulen.
I go to Yogi’s frequently. Does that mean I’m about to become a UT fan? I just happen to like their breakfast options. I didn’t realize the dangerous situation I was putting myself in.

Billy Clyde

I go to Yogi’s frequently. Does that mean I’m about to become a UT fan? I just happen to like their breakfast options. I didn’t realize the dangerous situation I was putting myself in.

Are you a snake-oil salesman preaching loyalty and saying things like, "I'll be here as long as you'll have me," while leveraging Fort Worth to get to Austin?

Did you really read that part of my comment as saying he accidentally caught the UT while innocently having a bagel? If so, you are trying really hard to misinterpret what I said.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Are you a snake-oil salesman preaching loyalty and saying things like, "I'll be here as long as you'll have me," while leveraging Fort Worth to get to Austin?

Did you really read that part of my comment as saying he accidentally caught the UT while innocently having a bagel? If so, you are trying really hard to misinterpret what I said.
No I’m pointing out that where he eats breakfast has nothing to do with any of those other things.

Have you ever changed jobs? If so, congrats, you are the same as CDC.

Billy Clyde

No I’m pointing out that where he eats breakfast has nothing to do with any of those other things.

Have you ever changed jobs? If so, congrats, you are the same as CDC.

I've changed jobs, several times, but never without giving my employer the lowdown on what was going on in advance, and giving them an opportunity to create a situation where I could stay, and never, ever, ever after pretending to be a, "lifer" for that employer, and also never after campaigning for the new job in my employer's backyard. So, no. Not the same. Nice try.

TX_Krötenechse

UT 247 board is an interesting read right now. They mostly want to fire Herman, but can’t decide if PJ Fleck would be a good enough coach, or whether Urban or Shanahan or Dabo might be a better option.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Well, the commentators over there do note many of the same problems: Lack of fundamentals, regression, no identity, quitting. None of those are good.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Some of this topic is related to my studies. Young people will shape this with their purchasing. Their spending priorities are different. There is a top level to what they will spend to watch sports. Big contracts for exclusive broadcast will not be profitable because young consumer will not spend as much to watch.
How’s the rash?