• The KillerFrogs

It is downright coaching malpractice the way we are using Jalen Reagor

Punter1

The last two games he has 4 catches and 2 carries (that should be a normal half's production)....just ridiculous underutilized and the No 1 reason why I want Cumbie gone. If you can't find ways to get one of the best WR in the nation 10 offensive touches a game then you need a new job.

I don't care how bad he blocks...you design plays around his strengths...which are many. Throw some bubbles, 5 yard stop routes, jet sweeps, (more) reverses, handoffs, screens, passes outta the backfield, anything. Tons of EASY ways to get him the ball. And we aren't doing any of those. A productive or even heavily targeted Reagor opens up so many other things for the offense because the defense will start rolling coverage and attention his way.

On top of that he needs at least 3 deep shots a game...at least. But we aren't doing that consistently either. Maybe there is something I'm either not seeing but Reagor looks healthy and fast to me but our boat offense just doesn't care to feature the 2nd best WR in our history. It's downright criminal. And darning maddening...

TRF51

He had 3 shots this last game, drew two PI calls which were big. I think he is hurt, runs with a limp, think he has a bad hamstring but is doing what he can.

Billy Clyde

I don't care how bad he blocks.../QUOTE]

How about how bad he catches? You can literally count on at least one ridiculous drop per game from him, usually at a critical moment. I already don't miss him, don't care one way or the other if he leaves this year. And I was more excited about him as a recruit, and as a freshman, than anyone on this roster other than Ross.

Punter1

It's not in the Top 1o things that bother me about what's happening with this team

This is No. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 for me. D is playing very well, we can't miss a FG...the punter is spotty but hasn't killed us. Our offense is the issue and not utilizing our biggest weapon is a HUGE reason why...and THE reason why we are 5-6 instead of 8-3 or better.

We can't find easy ways to get a guy this talented the ball 10x a game when our offense is clearly struggling almost every game...that is uncalled for. And our bad offense is the reason we lost to OU, Baylor and K-State.

Pharm Frog

This is No. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 for me. D is playing very well, we can't miss a FG...the punter is spotty but hasn't killed us. Our offense is the issue and not utilizing our biggest weapon is a HUGE reason why...and THE reason why we are 5-6 instead of 8-3 or better.

We can't find easy ways to get a guy this talented the ball 10x a game when our offense is clearly struggling almost every game...that is uncalled for. And our bad offense is the reason we lost to OU, Baylor and K-State.

If he would fight off aggressive DB's and not break off his routes and not run himself OOB, I might be inclined to agree to an extent. He's most animated and engaged when throwing his hands around after the play begging for a flag. A lot of times I get the feeling that we are trying far too hard to get the ball to him and I don't see him doing his part for the most part. Talented...yes...no doubt. Motor? Drive? I think it's most instructive that we're putting Barber in the backfield in the same way that we used to run JR (or as a decoy).

Raw Frog

He should have been playing some slot too. Short and fast slants, or z routes would or at least should be open all the time with his speed. With our poor OL play, the QB would not have to hold the ball so long either-- which is a good thing for Max. There is little to zero creativity and innovation with our offensive schemes....

Portland Frog

He should have been playing some slot too. Short and fast slants, or z routes would or at least should be open all the time with his speed. With our poor OL play, the QB would not have to hold the ball so long either-- which is a good thing for Max. There is little to zero creativity and innovation with our offensive schemes....

So much this.

Wexahu

If he would fight off aggressive DB's and not break off his routes and not run himself OOB, I might be inclined to agree to an extent. He's most animated and engaged when throwing his hands around after the play begging for a flag. A lot of times I get the feeling that we are trying far too hard to get the ball to him and I don't see him doing his part for the most part. Talented...yes...no doubt. Motor? Drive? I think it's most instructive that we're putting Barber in the backfield in the same way that we used to run JR (or as a decoy).

Yep, I don’t see him really holding up his end of the bargain if he’s wanting 10+ touches a game. He’s kind of become a one trick pony. Run crisp routes, work like hell to get open when plays break down, don’t shy away from contact, etc. We've tried forcing it to him and the results haven’t been good. If defenses are bracketing him there’s only so much you can do.

OU ran 85 plays last night and CeeDee Lamb touched the ball 3 times.

hometown frog

Reagor owns a part for his lack of touches. A play last night where Duggan scrambled out of the pocket and rolled right. Reagor is running a 15-20 yard dig route. He breaks on his route and just stops. If he comes back to Duggan heading towards the sidelines w him he picks up a key 1st down. But instead he walks off to the sidelines.

If the OC had made an effort to properly utilize his talents and he was still unproductive, then maybe I could better understand some of the vitriol that some of our posters seem to have toward Reagor but he hasn’t made any effort so I just don’t. Sorry to those who would rather come on here and [ Finebaum ] on a player than hold a substantially compensated OC accountable for wasting the talent of several of his players.

Punter1

Our offense couldn't be more boring if we tried. We even stopped trying to run trick plays now.

We arent even trying to be creative or aggressive with him...so I don't blame him for being frustrated.

99% of the time he's lined up wide right...no motion, nothing in the slot and rarely in the backfield.

There were lesser WRs inTech's offense getting 90 balls a year...every year. I'm sure Mike Leach had a bunch of pouty WRs that I'm not denying Reagor can be...but Leach still got the dudes the ball to help the team.

I just don't see us trying to be creative with him or anyone...which with this offense...we need to be on overload. We can't just line up in predictable sets and do what we want.

Cumbie is starting to make....and it KILLS me to say this...Mike Shultz look progressive. This isnt about just Reagor...no creativity anywhere...

MinFrog

OP is spot on. It is one of several things that point to his incompetence.

our biggest four threats are: Anderson, Wells, barber, and reagor. And only barber gets targeted on a regular basis.

Lincoln Riley would have a top 10 offense with those four weapons, but we are #110. Cumbie is a liability and clearly can’t manage an offense or offensive coaches (specifically Thomsen and Kelly). Luper is fine, but if our OL can’t block and our WRs can’t catch, we will continue to struggle.

add on top an OC who has not identity or real game plan and we are scheissed.

kaiser soze

The hardest #1 worked this whole season was when he busted his ass in August lining up the pre-season PR fest telling us about how great he was at working in his craft.

Unfortunately for him the NFL is going to look at his tape and not his articles.

PO Frog

Hard to throw a slant to a guy that won’t go over the middle and can’t catch.

Eight

We arent even trying to be creative or aggressive with him...so I don't blame him for being frustrated.

99% of the time he's lined up wide right...no motion, nothing in the slot and rarely in the backfield.

There were lesser WRs inTech's offense getting 90 balls a year...every year. I'm sure Mike Leach had a bunch of pouty WRs that I'm not denying Reagor can be...but Leach still got the dudes the ball to help the team.

I just don't see us trying to be creative with him or anyone...which with this offense...we need to be on overload. We can't just line up in predictable sets and do what we want.

Cumbie is starting to make....and it KILLS me to say this...Mike Shultz look progressive. This isnt about just Reagor...no creativity anywhere...

i agree with the idea that there is a lack of creativity in the tcu offense, that reagor should be playing some slot, and i would love to see some motion as well, but don't try to compare catch numbers from the tech receivers with catch numbers in this offense.

when sonny cumbie was a senior at tech he threw it 50 times a game and leach wanted the raiders to surpass 80 snaps a game

tcu in their offense throw it just over 30 times a game. you just aren't going to amass the same number of catches in an offense that is balanced with a focus on slowing things down instead of speeding things up

Ray Finkle

He is not even close to the best WR in the nation

he is not even the best in the B12

He might be a lot closer if he actually tried on every play

he has the talent just not the attitude it seems
Kansas has a better receiving corps than us. Yes, there I said it. Watch them and you won't disagree. So painful to type.