• The KillerFrogs

Everybody here is acting like the blown call was the difference

Frog DJ

Very few, if any, are acting that way. With that said, a couple of very bad calls at the end may have impacted the outcome.

The bigger head scratcher for me was the no call after they stopped us. Last year against OU they scored a touchdown and two receivers posed in the end zone and were called for UC. This year ten guys, including at least one who came off the bench, posed in the end zone and no call.
I thought the same thing when the “posing” took place.

I thought that was a UC in college football for sure!

Guess not...

Go Frogs!

ThisIsOurTime

Outside of not using the TEs enough, Cumbie called a good game. Plays were there to be made. The following are the bigger reasons we did not leave Norman with a W.

1. We had multiple false start penalties that killed drives.
2. Had three blockers on a screen pass and not one of them was able to block nor even touch the OU linebacker who tackled Sewo for a loss. On another play our LT inexplicably failed to block the insider rusher.
3. Receivers dropped some passes again.
4. Duggan overthrew several deep balls where even the QB commentator was mentioning what he needed to do.
5. Duggan panicked on a couple early series and ran when he should have thrown to a receiver or threw the ball away and not take a loss.
6. We were not able to kick the ball into the end zone on several kickoffs resulting on big returns for OU several times in the game.
7. Our Defense was unable to get many 3 and outs and had all kinds of trouble with the OU running game. This resulted in OU having a huge advantage with the time of possession. This put a limit on what our offense could choose to do.

Putt4Purple

We had 204 yards for the entire game. Now suddenly we can go 41 yards in a minute and a half? Sure it was possible. But why didn't we do that kind of thing earlier in the game. 204 yards for a game is pathetic, and we are all upset because we did not have a chance at a few hail-Mary passes. It was a pitty that we did not get the chance, but there is nothing to say we would not have lost yards or had a turnover, either.

Absolutely awful call, but the previous play of the offense are what cost us the game. Let's not forget that, especially GP don't forget that.

Frankly I am still scared to death Cumbie is with us next year.

Unfortunately I was thinking the exact same thing. There was no guarantee they would have done anything. A small percentage chance, yes. It is done. Move on!!

dawg

What gifting OU the 1st down did was eliminate the chance for a bad/high snap, a blocked punt, a shanked punt, or a low hangtime punt that Reagor could return. Are any of those high probability outcomes? No, but all are within the realm of possibility. Not to mention we didn’t get an offensive possession (however ineffective the previous ones were). It didn’t cost us the game, but it did eliminate the possibility (however unlikely) of another TCU score.

y2kFrog

What gifting OU the 1st down did was eliminate the chance for a bad/high snap, a blocked punt, a shanked punt, or a low hangtime punt that Reagor could return. Are any of those high probability outcomes? No, but all are within the realm of possibility. Not to mention we didn’t get an offensive possession (however ineffective the previous ones were). It didn’t cost us the game, but it did eliminate the possibility (however unlikely) of another TCU score.

For what it is worth ESPN's game predictor went from 85% OU victory to 99.9% on that play. I don't know what it would have changed to if it had been 4th and 1.

BigPurple87

We had 204 yards for the entire game. Now suddenly we can go 41 yards in a minute and a half? Sure it was possible. But why didn't we do that kind of thing earlier in the game. 204 yards for a game is pathetic, and we are all upset because we did not have a chance at a few hail-Mary passes. It was a pitty that we did not get the chance, but there is nothing to say we would not have lost yards or had a turnover, either.

Absolutely awful call, but the previous play of the offense are what cost us the game. Let's not forget that, especially GP don't forget that.

Frankly I am still scared to death Cumbie is with us next year.

Exactly