• The KillerFrogs

Meacham

SnoSki

Meachum seems like a good guy and he’s passionate about air raid. I know he does lots of clinics teaching the system.

Want to know who isn’t passionate about the air raid...most everyone but Leach and Meachum..Most importantly GP isn’t a fan. Before people start talking about Riley being an Air Raid guy let me remind you he runs the ball more than anyone in the B12. The game has largely evolved beyond that system and I for one hope we never see again around here.

I don’t care who we bring in and the scheme we run as long as it’s not the triple option.

I just want to see the following:
  • Better execution in all aspects of our offense. Not one unit has been consistently excellent this season.
  • A scheme that’s easy to learn and execute so that freshmen can actually make an impact.
  • A coordinator that is on the cutting edge of play design like Riley. Show the world something new that hasn’t already been figured out.
  • A good recruiter

Putt4Purple

I don’t care who we bring in and the scheme we run as long as it’s not the triple option.

I just want to see the following:
  • Better execution in all aspects of our offense. Not one unit has been consistently excellent this season.
  • A scheme that’s easy to learn and execute so that freshmen can actually make an impact.
  • A coordinator that is on the cutting edge of play design like Riley. Show the world something new that hasn’t already been figured out.
  • A good recruiter

I agree, but unfortunately easier said than done.

Moose Stuff

Prepare thy self.....there exist a bona fide possibility that 2020 will simply be business as usual. With Gary's

adamancy prevailing.

If I was forced to put money on what I believe the most likely scenario for our staff in 2020 is I would bet heavily on no changes or very minimal/minor changes. Gary’s “be careful what you wish for” comment pretty much clinched that for me. We’ll see.

Eight

if we don't at least pursue Chad Morris's possible interest in being the TCU OC then GP and ADJD aren't doing their jobs.

chad morris with clemson talent was a good oc.

chad morris coaching smu level talent was okay and it was a train wreck at arkansas.

a quarterback he basically ran off came back and ended chad's tenure at arkansas.

the tcu offense needs some help, but i would not want to see morris as he is a hunh guy. he is a good recruiter, but give me traylor and i will be happy

Pharm Frog

I'm not claiming that Tre and Doctson were the only reason that we had any offensive success, but their talents were obviously the difference maker.

This year we are now 6-5. We've been blown out once; we've beaten three utterly useless teams [Ark. PB, Purdue, Kansas] and found ways to win two tight ones [Tech & UT]; we've found ways to lose four games we might have won. So, in 2019, we find ways to lose twice as often as we find ways to win (furthermore, we have beaten precisely one team with a record above .500, and even they might yet fall to 6-6).

Do you doubt that if Tre and Doctson were on this 2019 we would have won some of those four close losses? I think we'd have won all four and be 10-1 right now. No, they weren't the entire offense, but they were the difference-makers. If they were on this squad would it change the fact that we're otherwise a poorly prepared and thoroughly mediocre outfit? Nope, but it would probably keep us all from noticing. In retrospect, was that true in 2015? That's the point being made.

I wish we were now 6-5

Wexahu

chad morris with clemson talent was a good oc.

chad morris coaching smu level talent was okay and it was a train wreck at arkansas.

a quarterback he basically ran off came back and ended chad's tenure at arkansas.

the tcu offense needs some help, but i would not want to see morris as he is a hunh guy. he is a good recruiter, but give me traylor and i will be happy

Morris is going to have to drop his “we’re gonna do everything fast” mantra if he works for GP.

Limey Frog

That’s a different discussion. But I get it. You just argue whatever point feels good to you even if it has nothing to do with where the conversation started. I’m just going to put you on ignore because you can’t have a logical discussion and it’s pointless to waste time on it.

OP posited Meach + Cumbie = great offensive mind; wish Meach could come back.

I and others said that Meach and Cumbie were only any good when they had Tre/Doctson, whereas great offensive minds win consistently no matter who they have to work with (see Riley's transfer turnstile, fire example).

You said the 2014/15 offenses weren't just Tre and Doctson.

I said that they were the difference makers, and that Meach & Cumbie haven't done anything without the two of them that suggests greatness of mind or ability.

Agree or not, it seems a clear enough train of logic. Given that by January GP will have pushed out/fired the pair of them, it would seem that our head coach has reached the same conclusion.

It would look unbeatable but that’s not an option unfortunately

So find the next Lincoln Riley who has proved himself as a brilliant offensive mind. What Riley did at East Carolina you knew this guy was going to be a great HC one day.

Again some one like
Grant Chesnut - Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach Kennesaw State

Or

Brad Glen- Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Georgia State - I like this guy... his QBs have been awesome. His starting quarterback has averaged over 2,400 yards passing and more than 600 yards rushing almost every year.

Or

Zak Hill, OC and QB coach for Boise State

Or. . .

I still believe in Cumbie if he had a good partner as a co-OC, maybe like Chad Morris, he could be very strong.

It will be interesting what happens in the off season.