• The KillerFrogs

I’m now on board with new OC

Hemingway

Ive fought it. We are getting smoked with 3 man rushes. We look like a antiquated crap team on offense.

It’s not even .... just stop even pretending right now like we don’t have a problem.

SwissArmyFrog

We held OU to their lowest point total they've had this season, and the game was at their place.

Even though it didn't seem like it at times, the D did the job. 17 points from the offense just wasn't enough.

Commentator said after Reagor drew the PI call on the last drive that we should just throw to him the next 3 plays. He was probably right. I think their DB was really skittish.

JAB331

It was a well coached game on both offense and defense. Definitely a home town ref situation. I'm presently up for having another co-offensive coordinator and a special teams coach added, but nobody needs to be fired. This is a young team that's developing and they need consistency.

flyfishingfrog

It was a well coached game on both offense and defense. Definitely a home town ref situation. I'm presently up for having another co-offensive coordinator and a special teams coach added, but nobody needs to be fired. This is a young team that's developing and they need consistency.
Yeah - no

we can fight about Cumbie but we need a coach that can work with receivers on routes and catching the ball and playing until the whistle and blocking

and a special teams coach

both of those could be created by Gary firing the dead weight of 20 years in the staff to start

Mean Purple

What about a new DC?
Defense played well tonight for a squad missing it's big star for a first half and playing that much inexperience. If GP did not have to baby sit Cumbie so much, I'm sure it would be even better. We held OU to 7 in the second half.

But hey, Muschamp is probably out at SC this season. Bring him in as DC. Would only help. Then bring in Butch Jones on offense.

Froggish

Debating whether Sonny needs to fired is pointless..GP doesn’t have it in him to let a guy go. Forget about Meachum..He essentially walked himself out the door picking at GP while having an offer on the table from KU. It was a mutual parting of ways.

Best we can hope for is a shake up due to a retirement or the addition of an analyst.

Even the most passionate of Sonny defender has to recognize that he isn’t the answer. He may also NOT be the problem...but he certainly isn’t the answer.

wilson912

Ive fought it. We are getting smoked with 3 man rushes. We look like a antiquated crap team on offense.

It’s not even .... just stop even pretending right now like we don’t have a problem.
I think Cumbie stays. Hire an analyst such as Meacham or Morris and take a hard look at the position coaches.

OmniscienceFrog

My point is before blaming Sonny for tonight’s performance blame the defense, we spotted OU 21
Over four quarters they are the only defense OU has played this year to hold them under 30 points. The game lasts more than 17 minutes. The TCU total offense for the night was anywhere frrom 196 to 204 yards, depending on what stat sheet you look at. The TCU defense allowed OU only 7 points over the last 43 minutes of game time. The TCU defense was not why they lost this game.

bp4tcu

My point is before blaming Sonny for tonight’s performance blame the defense, we spotted OU 21
And allowed 500+ yards.

Both sides of the ball suck. This year has been notorious for farting around the whole time, then when it gets close and the game is on the line, we step up. Where’s that effort the rest of the game? Poor coaching IMO.

4th. down

We are all pissed, imagine how the players feel.

I will repeat, it's for the most part, the OFFENSIVE LINE, and has been the entire year. When Niang went out, we knew it was about to get worse than it already was and it has. When you cannot handle a 3 man rush, nothing can work, even if Riley was our OC, nothing works without blocking and it's so obvious to all of us. Certainly GP has to take note of this.

What to do? Start by getting rid of Thomsen and go hire and offensive line coach at Army as an example, who knows how to block and then RECRUIT. Sonny recruits 4* QBs, why can we not recruit 4* offensive linemen? Luper recruits 4* RBs, and it goes on. Get a bad ass offensive line coach and then worry about the rest.

As we continue to ponder and I won't mention this offensive line crap anymore, promise, but in 8 years in the Big 12 conference we have only recruited 4, 4* offensive linemen (247 Sports), and one of those is a big, big, bust at 6'8" and 330 lbs. that is now a starter. How can anything offensively work?

Last edited:
Defense played well tonight for a squad missing it's big star for a first half and playing that much inexperience. If GP did not have to baby sit Cumbie so much, I'm sure it would be even better. We held OU to 7 in the second half.

But hey, Muschamp is probably out at SC this season. Bring him in as DC. Would only help. Then bring in Butch Jones on offense.
Do you really think any coach on this planet could coach a GP defense the way he wants it coached?

I’m not saying Muschamp couldn’t be a great DC somewhere, I just doubt he could do it while working for GP.