• The KillerFrogs

This is a very good young team

bc puckett

Offensively you have the number 1 piece of the puzzle in a kid who should become a stud qb You need to build an OL and find some receivers who can at least look like they have seen a pass thrown at them before. Defensively there seems to be some young kids with some potential that maybe LHCGP can coach up I think next season will be a huge one for this program

CountryFrog

I love the fight the team showed tonight. That part was certainly good.

I'm no longer able to draw any positives from these close losses. There have been far too many of them and at a certain point it can no longer be looked at in any kind of positive light. It's an epidemic that we haven't been able to find a cure for.

It's also beyond comprehension how year after year our offense is just about the only one on OU's schedule that can't do anything against their defense. The defense made plays in big spots tonight but 17 points on offense against that defense is unacceptable.

He’s also the guy who recruited him and has a great relationship with him sooooo......
You're obviously right on the first point and I would bet that you're right on the second but I just can't bring myself to see where a starting QB leaves over an underperforming (to say the least) OC being shown the door so long as a reasonable replacement that could improve his situation is hired. Everything I've seen from Max would tell me he's committed to this team and isn't a guy who would take his ball and go home over what would seemingly be an obviously understandable situation.

Moose Stuff

You're obviously right on the first point and I would bet that you're right on the second but I just can't bring myself to see where a starting QB leaves over an underperforming (to say the least) OC being shown the door so long as a reasonable replacement that could improve his situation is hired. Everything I've seen from Max would tell me he's committed to this team and isn't a guy who would take his ball and go home over what would seemingly be an obviously understandable situation.

All I’m saying is it’s not an absurd suggestion to say it’s possible. I agree with what you’re saying mostly.

PO Frog

Love Bradford and Ardarius quickly is becoming my favorite, but they will never be good enough to cover up the type of deficiencies we have in our front 6. Too small, too slow, too confused. I don’t see that changing overnight so we better hire someone that can drum up more than 17 points and 65 yards passing against a horrible defense. Overnight change Is much more possible on that side of the ball. Go outscore somebody.

LVH

Conclusion..... OU creates giant holes to run through.

Statistically its been the best offenses of all time in 2017/2018 and this year its not quite as good but still an elite offensive unit. No shame in not being able to stop it. We were the first team to hold OU under 30 since Army last year

Wexahu

I love the fight the team showed tonight. That part was certainly good.

I'm no longer able to draw any positives from these close losses. There have been far too many of them and at a certain point it can no longer be looked at in any kind of positive light. It's an epidemic that we haven't been able to find a cure for.

It's also beyond comprehension how year after year our offense is just about the only one on OU's schedule that can't do anything against their defense. The defense made plays in big spots tonight but 17 points on offense against that defense is unacceptable.

65 yards passing and 26 yards rushing on 10 carries out of our two running backs. The numbers are just staggering.

flyfishingfrog

Don’t think they realize that if certain coaches leave, current commits won’t come and kids in the team will leave. If Cumbie is fired it would not shock me to see Duggan transfer
Well first I doubt a starting QB is leaving a P5 team for another team unless it was to start on a top 10 program immediately - and those jobs aren’t coming open anytime soon

but frankly I don’t care what players would leave - if we need to fire coaches to be a better team and program - that is bigger than any player or recruit

tetonfrog

Starting over again at QB for the third straight year would be a disaster. I'd love to see GP bring in a new set of offensive coaches, but I will believe it when I see it. I still think SC is handcuffed by a weak OL and a set of WRs who are just dreadful. Those could be fixed with new position coaches. Maybe the new ones could help SC with the play calling?

Wexahu

Starting over again at QB for the third straight year would be a disaster. I'd love to see GP bring in a new set of offensive coaches, but I will believe it when I see it. I still think SC is handcuffed by a weak OL and a set of WRs who are just dreadful. Those could be fixed with new position coaches. Maybe the new ones could help SC with the play calling?

We need someone to come in here and install a new offense and teach execution, not help SC “call plays”.

That screen pass to Sewo was a great play call but then you have 3 lineman whiff on the one defender in the area. That’s our offense in a nutshell. We are so bad at doing the little things that make all the difference.