• The KillerFrogs

Expectations/Predictions for OU game

ThisIsOurTime

I personally am not sure what to make of this game. This could be a game where the team raises its level of play to the opponent and we have a heck of a ball game. However, I think we would need 2 or 3 turnovers to get the W because I don't think we can score enough points in a shootout. On the bright side, we are playing OU at the right time. Many of the young players now have some experience so we should be able to put in a better showing than had we played OU in week 1.

Temperature for the game is predicted to be in the 30s. This is good 20 to 30 degree drop off in temperature from the rest of this week in Norman and about 30 to 40 degree drop from Ft. Worth. Hope our guys are ready for this and take it to them.

ThisIsOurTime

Until I see something different between a GP v LR matchup, I’ll go with Sooners comfortably. In this case I’ll go Sooners by 16 and it won’t feel that close.
True he has our number as a head coach. But Bram and the boys did give him a scare when he was the OC in 2015 and again in 2016 we put up a good fight even if we had a disastrous 3rd quarter. Sooner or later, (pun intended) we have to get over the hump and maybe with some breaks, Saturday could be that day.

Froggish

Line is 18...I think we cover late 44-27...Lincoln is going to want to impress the committee. I don’t think he lets up in this one.

One thing that’s fun about taking young players into a game like this is that they have no history with our previous ass whippings. Freshman might just come out and punch them in the mouth.

MinFrog

I have no idea how anyone can think this ends in anything other than a 3 TD win by OU that is really never in doubt. They will put pressure on the youngens early and often. I expect 2 or 3 turnovers in the first half as the nerves are going wild.

Just remember, OU only punted once against Baylor. Their offense simply doesn't stop and GP doesn't have his fastball like he has in the past this year. They will be over 40 and I will be surprised if we crack 20.

GoFrog Yourself

Happy to be wrong but I think we get rolled. Lincoln owns us and OU learned enough about themselves last week to clean up their act. Only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope is CeeDee Lamb potentially watching from the sideline

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
While all signs point to a crushing and demoralizing loss, these games are played for a reason.

The Frogs have nothing to lose here. Let it all hang out.

jake102

I've got OU by 17-24.

I can't come up with any reasonable path to success in this game. Hurts is going to protect the ball since he almost blew it against Baylor. That may limit their offense a little, but not nearly enough. Our only chance is how Baylor (almost) won.... OU turning the ball over multiple times and Lamb, Sermon, Calcutta not playing.

tcumaniac

I have literally zero expectations of success, just like I did before the UT game.
I was pretty confident before Texas.

No expectations for this game though.

Night game in Norman. Sooners still have somewhat of a shot at the CFP. Ceedee Lamb is likely back.

Hard to see this game going favorably for the Frogs unless a TCU team shows up that we haven’t seen yet this year.

y2kFrog

I have literally zero expectations of success, just like I did before the UT game.

I actually thought we would do okay vs UT because I knew they aren’t very good. That being said, I have zero expectations against OU. They only thing I am hoping to see is Duggan rising to the occasion and showing he is going to be able to put the team in his back no matter the situation.