• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

MinFrog

I am less concerned about long and lean DEs than losing big bodies on the line. We have had plenty of high upside guys that never pan out. Bowen comes to mind.

Give me the two bigger bodies on the DL over the athlete/upside guy. He also seems to like the drama.

Froggish

Highly underrated DE

Marcus Gilder 6-6/260 Carrollton Creekview only played 2 seasons and missed 3 of his games as a junior.

This kid is an interesting prospect. He looks to me like he projects as a DT. 6-6 is a great size for a DE but his feet don’t look as though he can be a D1 DE..

asleep003

So many classes ahead of us are there primarily due to #s of recruits and nothing more, and not necessarily based on quality.

Kansas presently has 24 nos. of 3* recruits. 13 from TX/OK/LA.
A good guess is the majority are not committed for KU's AAU membership.
Assume there are a few to several we could flip ...if pursued.
Not concerned to much about getting the talent that we need.
We focus on the OL and we'll get Sylvester blocked on the edge

Moose Stuff

Small class? How many openings now and how many expected?

Think you will be surprised at the size of this class when it is done.

Either way the present ranking is due to it being small right now. For whatever reason it’s unbelievably quiet on the recruiting front right now.

Last edited:

Froggish

Either way the present ranking is due to it being small right now. For whatever reason it’s unbelievable quiet on the recruiting front right now.

Im sure it will heat up but there is some concerns. The early signing day is just a month away and most the top targets are
going to come off the board. We have some good quality in our current commits but are short on quantity. I’ve heard it say that the top programs are shooting to fill 85% of their classes in the early period. By that applied metric we are short 3-4 commits right now with 4 weeks to go.

Moose Stuff

Im sure it will heat up but there is some concerns. The early signing day is just a month away and most the top targets are
going to come off the board. We have some good quality in our current commits but are short on quantity. I’ve heard it say that the top programs are shooting to fill 85% of their classes in the early period. By that applied metric we are short 3-4 commits right now with 4 weeks to go.

Perhaps the plan is to go all in on the transfer portal?

Froggish

That kid from Athens, the OL mauler, is who we can build this class around.
We need that kid bad.
He is the James Lynch for the OL.
Agreed....We are still in on some very nice players. We need to cash in. I have to think that if Sylvester does go to Norman, then the Arky commit Toll would be a hell of a replacement get as he was looking OU way at one point.

Eight

Small class? How many openings now and how many expected?

Think you will be surprised at the size of this class when it is done.

agree, without any more current players leaving the roster the frogs had room for 5-6 more.

i am curious if those spots are filled with recruits or grad transfers

Froggish

Perhaps the plan is to go all in on the transfer portal?
I think anyone who really looks at the transfer portal will find it isn’t exactly littered with a bunch of difference makers. Maybe before Feb that will change but right now it not exactly chocked full of quality. I hope our coaches are eagerly looking but if they are hoping to build a winner there they might be in trouble.