• The KillerFrogs

Frog v Anteater

y2kFrog

Another storyline is what happened with Farabello in the 2nd half. Have we seen a change in the PG position?

The game prior Farabello played 31 to Dennis’s 9. Not exactly sure why the switch tonight, honestly think the offense ran better with Farabello tonight the short time he was in.

Genbukan

Refs were awful. UCI is a VERY physical team that got away with handchecking, hip checks and push offs. Meanwhile they call tick tack stuff on Samuel.

We have GOT to get some production from our freshman...Farabello was just a guy. PJ was sloppy and turnover prone. Smith looked like he was trying hard on D but has no confidence with his shot so far.

This game showed us the downside of not having a true 4 on this team. Gonna be an issue come conference play.

Why doesn't Dixon ever play zone? At one point UCI was shooting less than 20% from distance but was isolating their bigs on our 6'5" guys. Would have been easier to double team them down low from a zone.

4-0.....we need every non conference victory we can get.

Rose Bowl

I know this is crazy but we might be a better team if RJ becomes the guy and Desmond is the sidekick. RJ isn’t scared to take that big shot and seems to be able to get it on his own. For us to be the team we want to be Bane has to play more consistently than these last two games.

OmniscienceFrog

Free throw shooting cannot be coached or improved. Must live with what you have. Learned that on this very site. But to your point, I don’t think shooting 500 FTs a day (or anything of the sort) is going to improve his FT ability. Changing something is much more important than replicating bad form.
See, you CAN learn stuff here.

Pharm Frog

I’ve learned a ton of [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] on here over the years since I started posting on here way back in high school over ten years ago.

Probably wouldn’t be married and employed without the life lessons, tough love, and constructive criticism I’ve received from killerfrogs.
Don’t blame us for your job and marriage. jk

PurpleBlood87

3.3 is a lot of time
I know this is crazy but we might be a better team if RJ becomes the guy and Desmond is the sidekick. RJ isn’t scared to take that big shot and seems to be able to get it on his own. For us to be the team we want to be Bane has to play more consistently than these last two games.

You say that until RJ falls in love with the three-pointer and just fires them up.
He's really much better using his speed and size and beating people to the basket.
He's really smooth doing that.
Didn't work tonight once when he got swatted at the rim.

Dogfrog

Can only guess JD loved Dennis defensive intensity and just wanted him in the game. Farabello is a very good defender but sometimes you go with the guy who is playing like his hair is on fire. Farabello gonna be very good.

TCUownstheBig12

Solid post from the most consistent TCU troll out here!

Dumb. So dumb. Just because a person thinks we are likely to lose (when trailing with a minute to go...and playing like garbage), they are a troll? I think, if people were being honest, that the majority would have been of a similar mindset at that juncture in the game. According to ESPN’s win probability tracker, UCI had a 77% chance of winning with 60 secs on the clock.

Your thinking that everything has to be so pro-TCU and nothing can be said that’s critical is what ruins message boards for people with common sense.

Please gain a better understanding of what a “troll” is before accusing someone.

4th. down

Since Samuel missed the 2 free throws at the 40 second mark, it was actually RJ who scored our last 6 pts., not Bane or Samuel. Not that surprised on Samuel but Bane now has not played his normal game for 2 games in a row and I didn't notice any unusual defense being put on him. We may be playing the Anteaters again in Vegas.