• The KillerFrogs

Frog v Anteater

y2kFrog

Good chance this will look like a good win in March. I think we have done a better job scheduling teams that will push us to get better early this year. The last 2 years I though we looked completely unprepared once Big 12 play started.

RJ Nembhard with a career higher 20 points tonight. He is so much more confident and has such a much better shot now than he did when he got here. Great to see him becoming the player we hoped he would be this year.

Liked a lot of what we saw from LeDee tonight as well, kid plays hard, gets after loose balls.

Freshmen really struggled tonight, but they will adjust and learn.

CountryFrog

Good chance this will look like a good win in March. I think we have done a better job scheduling teams that will push us to get better early this year. The last 2 years I though we looked completely unprepared once Big 12 play started.
Hope you're right. I definitely agree with the last sentence.

4th. down

RJ is a perfect example while you shouldn't get your panties in a wad when you don't start and transfer out. It's been said that he worked really hard during the off season on his game and so far he's averaging 16 pts./game and playing good defense.

Some players don't fit for whatever reason and they transfer to hopefully be in a better situation but sometimes a change of scenery doesn't improve their status. Fisher is still averaging about 12 pts. game playing for the Grand Canyon Antelopes, Archie about 2 pts. game, Shawn Olden about 6 pts. game. Based on this small sample, stay where you are and work on your game like RJ has done.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

We need our current men to play more physically as well. We play a style that would seem to demand physicality but we play more passively.
Exactly. We may well need more big men but we aren't getting any more of them this year. So the guys we have are just going to have to do a better job. May need Bane and RJ to have some double digit rebound games along the way.

4th. down

Exactly. We may well need more big men but we aren't getting any more of them this year. So the guys we have are just going to have to do a better job. May need Bane and RJ to have some double digit rebound games along the way.

The Anteaters were much bigger and they were going with a lot of minutes with 6'9", 6'9", and 6'11" with Samuel doing not much of anything. LeDee looked pretty good - a lot of hustle subbing for Samuel but he's not a scorer.....yet.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Because one team plays D with their bodies and Frogs play D with their hands and arms
No. The refs were [ Finebaum ] because they were [ Finebaum ]. Don't forget the two missed goaltends we committed, and the one where I think it was Ledee got knocked to the ground by arm and body and somehow no foul was called.

I'm glad to win. It's not the reason we would have lost. But those refs were straight TURRIBLE.

Rose Bowl

I’m going to say that RJ will be our closer. We have to finish at the rim better, I think we were 2 of 14 at the rim if I heard right.

If RJ steps up to be the second guy and we can get more consistency from the freshmen along with Grayer and Dennis then we can be pretty good. I like what I see from LaDee so far. We need him and Kevin to control the boards.

This win should serve us well as the season progresses.

Spike

No. The refs were [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] because they were [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]. Don't forget the two missed goaltends we committed, and the one where I think it was Ledee got knocked to the ground by arm and body and somehow no foul was called.

I'm glad to win. It's not the reason we would have lost. But those refs were straight TURRIBLE.

Thank you for the hospitality good sir!

It was kind of an ugly game but the Frogs found a way to win! Frogs usually win when I go. Maybe I should go to more games.