• The KillerFrogs

Are we going to a bowl game?

Relic

This I agree with for the most part. But there are from to time very enjoyable bowl games between mediocre teams. And the more college football the better as far as I’m concerned. I’ll watch any of it.
Kinda like when you know you're going to miss lunch, you pile into breakfast extra hard. As you see the college football season about to end - and the LONG, LONG wait until next year is about to begin - well, I watch as many as I can, too.

jake102

This I agree with for the most part. But there are from to time very enjoyable bowl games between mediocre teams. And the more college football the better as far as I’m concerned. I’ll watch any of it.

I’d be fine if every team got a bowl game

I unfortunately rarely get to watch the Tuesday and Wednesday MAC classics, but I used to watch most all of them

Limey Frog

Same: I watch them. But that's my problem. What I'm going to do because of my football addiction and what is ideal/best for football in the abstract are two different things. And you're right, games between poor 6-6 teams can be fun (our game vs. Cal was a bizarre kind of fun).

LawFrog504

If we do somehow manage to backdoor ourselves into the Cactus, toilet, or burger king bowl, anyone who posts that it's beneficial because "the bowl practices will be really crucial going into next year" Should be banned from this board

I hope TCU makes a bowl game but if it is the Liberty Bowl on the 31st, I won’t be there. It’s the first bowl game I’ll miss in over a decade but I have plans that don’t include Memphis on NYE

Froggish

More Frog football = More Better....However As much as I want to believe that it’s a glimpse into a hopeful off season, I really don’t. Ultimately I don’t think we are any better year to year because we get 15 extra practices. I just like Frog football. We’ve been to bowl games in the last 2 years and it doesn’t appear to have helped us be very good.

The idea that we get anything more than a fraction better because of bowl practices is laughable. I know GP says it but I doubt it’s measurably true.

More Frog football = More Better....However As much as I want to believe that it’s a glimpse into a hopeful off season, I really don’t. Ultimately I don’t think we are any better year to year because we get 15 extra practices. I just like Frog football. We’ve been to bowl games in the last 2 years and it doesn’t appear to have helped us be very good.

The idea that we get anything more than a fraction better because of bowl practices is laughable. I know GP says it but I doubt it’s measurably true.
It can probably cut both ways. If used wisely, I can see how 15 extra practices and a chance to play a game after getting out of the weekly in-season grind where players have a chance to reflect on what they've learned can beneficial. On the other hand, if you use that time to come up with the absolute garbage that we rolled out for an offense of the Cheez-It bowl, then probably not so much.

asleep003

The 8-4 argument isn't that compelling for more quality bowls, considering...

1) frogs could have easily come out winners in at least 3 of it's losses..
2) would one rather watch a pair of 8-4 teams from the MAC/Sunbelt.
3) or would one prefer to watch a pair of 6-6 P5 teams slugging it out.
4) plus several 6-6 teams may have finished stronger at years end.
5) no doubt... have little interest in a pair of 6-6 CUSA/MAC's bowling.

Deep Purple

If we do somehow manage to backdoor ourselves into the Cactus, toilet, or burger king bowl, anyone who posts that it's beneficial because "the bowl practices will be really crucial going into next year" Should be banned from this board
So you're in favor of banning Gary Patterson from this board. Got it. Quite the fan, you are.

Moose Stuff

Bowl games have lost their meaning, with 6 - 6 teams getting invites. There are too many bowl games, but this abundance of bowls will continue to exist for the sake of TV

Still waiting for someone to explain to me how more football is bad. Also, there’s a very simple solution for those that don’t like it.....

Moose Stuff

I enjoyed the hell out of the Cheez-It Bowl last year. Wife and I laughed for most of the second half . The announcer just dead panning the comment about Justin Rogers lacking a functioning foot was comedy gold.

Billy Clyde

I enjoyed the hell out of the Cheez-It Bowl last year. Wife and I laughed for most of the second half . The announcer just dead panning the comment about Justin Rogers lacking a functioning foot was comedy gold.

For the Olds on the board long-toothed enough to remember J.R. Ewing and the season-ending cliff-hanger from that series, when they said that in the bowl game last year my sordid brain immediately thought of, "Who shot J.R.'s foot?"

JugbandFrog

The bowl practices will be really crucial going into next year … assuming we beat WVU.
We won’t beat WVU, but don’t fret, we are taking down OU this weekend.

I would post the Tom Hanks “we’re gonna win” video, but they actually lost.

Maybe Signs with Mel Gibson. “Swing away”
Maybe that is what LHGCP is telling Cumbie this week.

LawFrog504

Right, there was a noticeable improvement in the team from last year to this year- those 14 practices gearing up for the vaunted Cal defense were really monumental.

All I'm saying is in July when we are gearing up for another year, don't tell me we will be improved because of 10-15 practices 6 months prior against a team we won't play again for 10 years.

Not sure how anyone viewed last year's bowl as a positive for the university. It was hands down the worst played game of the bowl season, our QB's stat line was a running joke for weeks, and we were getting laughed at by the entire nation. We then inserted a QB with a drop foot injury who clearly was nowhere near medically ready to play in the game for a single snap, for God only knows what reason.
The highlight was when an athletic department employee almost cost us the game and was literally rolling onto the field during a live play. Bet recruits were foaming at the mouth to get to Cowtown after seeing that.

Rose Bowl

My HSO is there are too many bowls. I will watch any bowl TCU is in and the CFP games. Might watch some New Year’s games but not continuously.