• The KillerFrogs

meanwhile, back in austin.......

Horny4TCU

For those of you joining us in Waco, we look forward to seeing you, and if you’re watching elsewhere, let’s all pull together with our patented Texas Fight and help our team come away with a victory!"

Really? Just had to add that little adjective. Sleazy college athletic director fits CDC well.

Christcu

"UPDATE FROM THE
TEXAS ATHLETICS DIRECTOR

Greetings Longhorn Nation,

As Coach Herman emphasized at his weekly press conference on Monday, we are all extremely disappointed in the outcome of Saturday’s game at Iowa State. It was a difficult afternoon in Ames with a heartbreaking 23-21 loss on the game’s final play that could have put us back in the driver’s seat for a spot in the Big 12 Championship game. We understand you’re frustrated and have heard from several of you. I appreciate you reaching out to share your thoughts, and I am doing my best to get back to all of you. Please know that no one is more disappointed than Coach Herman and our team, and they are focused, determined and driven to get back on the winning track. As Coach Herman told our team, “You’re not ever going to be defined by when you get knocked down. You’re always going to be defined by how you get back up when you get knocked down. This will be a good challenge for us to see what we’re made of.” We’ve responded before, have two more games in the regular season, and I have faith that we can bounce back again. With that in mind, our coaches and student-athletes were back at work on Sunday and preparing hard for another big challenge in the Big 12 as we head to Waco to face a No. 13 Baylor team on Saturday (2:30 p.m. CT/FS1) that is coming off a late-game defeat of its own. For those of you joining us in Waco, we look forward to seeing you, and if you’re watching elsewhere, let’s all pull together with our patented Texas Fight and help our team come away with a victory!"

son sent this to me, apparently surly horns and a few other texas web sites have launched campaigns to pound cdc's phone and e-mail with their feelings about mensa and this year's team.

curious if cdc misses the days when the most voracious emails he received were about the lack of diced onions at the baseball games
Don't care what these guys say....we beat there arses is all I care about. Cry me a river....change your name to Shorthorns.

4 Oaks Frog

CDC won’t win there...They won’t be happy unless he firing and hiring every other year.
I don’t feel bad for CDC what so ever. He knew he was crawling into bed with a bunch of snakes when he took that job. Their cheating and dishonesty has been allowed and protected for years, and CDC knew it. He is in the hot seat along with mensa. There are powerful
supporters that could make a call, and have both of them gone before the sun comes up in the morning...just like a mob hit. Burnt orange is the official color of losers. Good luck, CDC, with your next job...
GO FROGS!
BEAT okie!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Wexahu

I don’t feel bad for CDC what so ever. He knew he was crawling into bed with a bunch of snakes when he took that job. Their cheating and dishonesty has been allowed and protected for years, and CDC knew it. He is in the hot seat along with mensa. There are powerful
supporters that could make a call, and have both of them gone before the sun comes up in the morning...just like a mob hit. Burnt orange is the official color of losers. Good luck, CDC, with your next job...
GO FROGS!
BEAT okie!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Agree that it's probably a miserable job. Don't agree at all that he's on the hot seat.

NORMLFROG

Chris doesn't need to worry. Once realignment happens and UT leaves this dumpster fire of a conference everything will be alright. Don't believe me? Ask our colleagues down in Austin. They'll tell you. Their woes are because this is a stale conference and we're obviously dragging them down.

NF

4 Oaks Frog

I don’t understand the CDC dislike. He did an incredible job here and he hired and trained ADJD who was the consensus best AD in waiting in the US. I don’t want IT to beat TCU but I wish no ill to Del Conte
CDC can butt a stump. I love what he did for TCU, but when he left to join the enemy orange cow, he became the enemy. I don’t hate CDC, but as the enemy, I don’t have to like him.
GO FROGS!
BEAT okie!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

WIN

Out walking around old Worth Hills golf course one day, passed cdc twice, acknowledged him both times and got no response. Said to myself, what an a$$. Now he is ut's a$$.

Deep Purple

Chris doesn't need to worry. Once realignment happens and UT leaves this dumpster fire of a conference everything will be alright. Don't believe me? Ask our colleagues down in Austin. They'll tell you. Their woes are because this is a stale conference and we're obviously dragging them down.
First, the potential realignment you're referring to is at least 3 years away due to the grants of broadcast rights many P5 conferences implemented during the last realignment several yeas ago.

Second, our "colleagues down in Austin" are out of touch with reality. If they left the Big 12, where could they go? Any other P5 conference would require them to give up the Longhorn Network and subsume their broadcast rights under the conference network that all other P5 conferences have. In the near-past, UT has repeatedly shown that they are too arrogant or too greedy to do that. Otherwise, they would have departed years ago. But the Big 12 is the only P5 conference in America that will tolerate a separate Longhorn Network. So unless Del Conte radically change their business model, UT is pretty well stuck with the Big 12.

Billy Clyde

I don’t understand the CDC dislike. He did an incredible job here and he hired and trained ADJD who was the consensus best AD in waiting in the US. I don’t want IT to beat TCU but I wish no ill to Del Conte

He was entirely oily when he was here, he was just our oil-can Harry and people looked past his character flaws because he was getting things done for us. Now that he's gone, he's exactly the same dude, but because he's on the opposing team people don't see him through the purple glasses any more.

He was a great fundraiser, but typical huckster albeit in a very nice well-tailored suit. An ethicist he ain't, and never was.

Brog

"UPDATE FROM THE
TEXAS ATHLETICS DIRECTOR

Greetings Longhorn Nation,

As Coach Herman emphasized at his weekly press conference on Monday, we are all extremely disappointed in the outcome of Saturday’s game at Iowa State. It was a difficult afternoon in Ames with a heartbreaking 23-21 loss on the game’s final play that could have put us back in the driver’s seat for a spot in the Big 12 Championship game. We understand you’re frustrated and have heard from several of you. I appreciate you reaching out to share your thoughts, and I am doing my best to get back to all of you. Please know that no one is more disappointed than Coach Herman and our team, and they are focused, determined and driven to get back on the winning track. As Coach Herman told our team, “You’re not ever going to be defined by when you get knocked down. You’re always going to be defined by how you get back up when you get knocked down. This will be a good challenge for us to see what we’re made of.” We’ve responded before, have two more games in the regular season, and I have faith that we can bounce back again. With that in mind, our coaches and student-athletes were back at work on Sunday and preparing hard for another big challenge in the Big 12 as we head to Waco to face a No. 13 Baylor team on Saturday (2:30 p.m. CT/FS1) that is coming off a late-game defeat of its own. For those of you joining us in Waco, we look forward to seeing you, and if you’re watching elsewhere, let’s all pull together with our patented Texas Fight and help our team come away with a victory!"

son sent this to me, apparently surly horns and a few other texas web sites have launched campaigns to pound cdc's phone and e-mail with their feelings about mensa and this year's team.

curious if cdc misses the days when the most voracious emails he received were about the lack of diced onions at the baseball games

Someone explain what that means: "...our patented Texas Fight..."

Zubaz

Second, our "colleagues down in Austin" are out of touch with reality. If they left the Big 12, where could they go? Any other P5 conference would require them to give up the Longhorn Network and subsume their broadcast rights under the conference network that all other P5 conferences have. In the near-past, UT has repeatedly shown that they are too arrogant or too greedy to do that. Otherwise, they would have departed years ago. But the Big 12 is the only P5 conference in America that will tolerate a separate Longhorn Network. So unless Del Conte radically change their business model, UT is pretty well stuck with the Big 12.
I have a feeling that the "keeping the Big 12 network" might not be up to Texas. If the Mouse pulls the plug, that problem solves itself.

NORMLFROG

First, the potential realignment you're referring to is at least 3 years away due to the grants of broadcast rights many P5 conferences implemented during the last realignment several yeas ago.

Thanks for the response. I’m gonna just put this in my No Sh*t Sherlock file for future reference.

NF

FWIW: UT and ESPN have been in discussions about "repurposing" the Agreement that is the Longhorn Network and/or a mutual walkaway from the Agreement.

Last edited: