• The KillerFrogs

TCU AFA

PurplFrawg

Administrator
That's plenty tough for the chAir Force.
Smile when you say that...

hagaaeebdrvmx8or74ou.jpg

Eight

defense in the first half was very good and good in the second half. bit of a mental break that let afa back in the game, but frogs got back on track.

rj had possibly his best half for the frogs in the first half and was a big factor defensively, passing the ball and creating off the drive.

grayer really goes about his game without much fanfare, but once again puts up a very solid stat line.

kevin was kevin on the boards and had a good game. wish they would have fed him the ball more in the second half when he had the smaller afa defender pinned on his hip down low.

fuller's minutes were interesting as you can see the potential and him adjusting to the game.

one big concern that still remains is the 3 point shooting. obviously the numbers were down with bane having the bad night. farabello had a very good night and grayer once again was solid behind the line, but the team shot less than 30%. yes, desmond will not always shoot that poorly, but the concern is conference teams are going to focus on him and dare the others from 3.

the other concern is that in the second half the frogs fell back into the stagnant half court offense we saw at times last year that was dependent upon kevin setting a screen 20 foot from the basket and then offense coming from the drive while the other 3 players didn't move.

things are early, new players, things falling into place. this conference though is no joke especially defensively and the hope is/was that some of the half court offensive struggles we saw last year was the byproduct of the point guard and not the system.

jake102

If Bane shoots that poorly, we will lose every Big 12 game. But I'll be surprised if he has that bad of an off-night again this season.

Eight

If Bane shoots that poorly, we will lose every Big 12 game. But I'll be surprised if he has that bad of an off-night again this season.

odd to see him struggle from outside 3 and inside as well. usually he can at least put the ball on the floor and pick up some points that way.

happens which is why finding consistent second and third options will be important.

conference foes have seen dixon's offensive sets now going on 4 years. they know desmond, kevin, rj etc...so execution becomes critical when frogs reach big 12 play

helcap

Not much scoring from the bench, only 4pts. Would like to do better there. Interesting contrast in +/-. Farabello the team best with +19, Dennis the worst at -8

Skip Jansen

Not much scoring from the bench, only 4pts. Would like to do better there. Interesting contrast in +/-. Farabello the team best with +19, Dennis the worst at -8

Yeah. I mentioned in the thread last night that the drop off was very significant when Bello went to the bench. I know you guys are probably tired of me saying this but, he is going to be very good.

As for the rest of the bench, I think last night was a bit of a anomaly. Smith coming off an injury, Ledee's first game, and PJ's limited minutes, due to Des having an off game (RJ was playing well and needed to stay in the game).

The playing rotation will get better. It was pretty choppy due to what I mentioned above. I predict the bench will be a strength by the time conference games come around.

Yeah. I mentioned in the thread last night that the drop off was very significant when Bello went to the bench. I know you guys are probably tired of me saying this but, he is going to be very good.

As for the rest of the bench, I think last night was a bit of a anomaly. Smith coming off an injury, Ledee's first game, and PJ's limited minutes, due to Des having an off game (RJ was playing well and needed to stay in the game).

The playing rotation will get better. It was pretty choppy due to what I mentioned above. I predict the bench will be a strength by the time conference games come around.
Yeah in the post game JD mentioned a couple of times that he only found out he would have both Ledee and Smith an hour or so before game time. I think you are right about the reason for the choppy substitutions

Rose Bowl

I don’t expect Desmond to have another game like this for the rest of the season. Fab, Kevin and RJ all had nice nights and the defense was solid. Let’s get Smith and LaDee up to speed and then we should be very solid.

Francisco is a true PG and you can see he’s much more comfortable there than Dennis. When Dennis isn’t making shots his value goes down.