• The KillerFrogs

Baylor vs. UT—which will you root for?

Lone Frog

The only bad part of Baylor playing UT is that one of them will win. I don't like it when either of those teams does that. The good thing is we'll get to see one lose, too. And that's always fun.

I go back to the SWC too, but my loathing for Baylor is greater than my loathing for UT. As far as I'm concerned, the Bears have at least three losses right now (OU, Tech and us). I'd prefer to see them add another.

frogs9497

tumblr_osuekoJmNS1toe0eco1_400.gifv

AroundWorldFrog

I will cheer for whorns.
That way, UT keeps mensa and bu gets embarrassed again.
Rhule is a good guy, but my guess is he takes a gig elsewhere soon.
I suggested that on Twitter one day and BU fans crawled out from under rocks to tell me how happy he is in Waco (as well as his wife) and he signed a 10 year extension and isn't going anyway since BU is such a great place. Had to chuckle at that.

jake102

I suggested that on Twitter one day and BU fans crawled out from under rocks to tell me how happy he is in Waco (as well as his wife) and he signed a 10 year extension and isn't going anyway since BU is such a great place. Had to chuckle at that.

Unpopular opinion: for certain people (myself included) - I'd prefer to live in a place like Waco with a few million dollars. I obviously wouldn't live in city limits, but you could live 30-45 minutes from Waco on a ton of land, huge house, peace and quiet. I don't think Rhule is that type (Briles was).

Frog-in-law1995

Honestly, I’ll enjoy either outcome. It’s always nice when Baylor loses, especially since it pretty much guarantees they’ll have to win a rematch with OU (in front of 60-75% OU fans) to play in a NY6 bowl. On the flip side, it’s always nice when Texas and mensa lose, especially when such a result might send both him and Rhule out of the conference soon.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Unpopular opinion: for certain people (myself included) - I'd prefer to live in a place like Waco with a few million dollars. I obviously wouldn't live in city limits, but you could live 30-45 minutes from Waco on a ton of land, huge house, peace and quiet. I don't think Rhule is that type (Briles was).

China Springs is a nice little place to own a lot of land for very little, with a 10 minute drive to I-35. And it's far enough from the Brazos that you won't have to tolerate the smell.

netty2424

I’m an oldy. Although I hate Baylor, it just can’t compare to my Texas hatred. My TCU past was entrenched in the Southwest Conference. Some of you can’t imagine rooting for Baylor but I will. Plus, it is getting progressively harder to hate Baylor as much because I like the coach. (I said “as much” but my hatred still runs deep). But Texas, oh does Mensa make it even easier to hate them more. I love every part of Texas losing—to anybody. The last few years have been glorious to see TCU dominate, especially this year when their fans (and media) thought Mensa had Texas back.

Love to hear the feedback. If it makes you feel better to think of it this way, perhaps you would prefer one of them to lose more than the other.
Good luck. Hoosierfrog is not going to take kindly the use of such a dastardly word.

Wexahu

Honestly, I’ll enjoy either outcome. It’s always nice when Baylor loses, especially since it pretty much guarantees they’ll have to win a rematch with OU (in front of 60-75% OU fans) to play in a NY6 bowl. On the flip side, it’s always nice when Texas and mensa lose, especially when such a result might send both him and Rhule out of the conference soon.

I’m getting to the point I hope Mensa stays around a long time. If I thought he were a very good coach I’d think otherwise.

Mean Purple

I lived in that town for a significant number of years. I doubt he is happy to be in Waco. He has lived in more interesting places.

That town may increase in population, but it never seems to improve. Considerably grimy for a college town. Has to be second only to Florida in jorts per capita.

Last edited:

Limp Lizard

I am a relative oldie, too, but I don't hate Texas. I have been going to TCU games since 1963, the the 60's and early 70's were the glory years for UT, and with TCU going from mediocre in the 60's to awful in the late 70's, lots of lopsided UT wins then. Still, I really don't hate them. I have worked with and been around UT people all my life and have never had a problem.

But except for the fact that a win over Texas really meant something, I always wanted to beat Baylor more and would pull for Texas over Baylor, especially in the Teaff era. In the 80's after aggy would beat them the week before we played them, Teaff would whine about the officiating in his TV show, then play us and we would get royally done in (trying to avoid the auto censor there) by the officials. BTW, Teaff and Sherrill were the only ones who were really offended by Wacker's letter to the coaches. That should tell you something. Also Baylor was always the dirtiest and worst sportsmen we played every year. It looked like they were trying to emulate Miami.

aggy, however: I have had incident after incident after incident with aggy fans and grads. Very in-your-face with insults. It's like 4 semesters of how to be an aggy jerk is part of the required curriculum. I would even pull for Notre Dame over aggy. Right now I would certainly pull for Baylor or Tech over aggy because BU and TT are in our conference.

So I will be pulling for Texas to stomp Baylor.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I lived in that town for a significant number of years. I doubt he is happy to be in Waco. He has lived in more interesting places.

That town may increase in population, but it never seems to improve. Considerably grimy for a college town. Has to be second in jorts per capita to Florida.
Remember, he accepted the job site unseen. Which is the only reason he agreed.

CountryFrog

Anyone referencing a signed contract extension as evidence that a coach will stay somewhere long term clearly knows nothing about sports.

G

Ghost of Tobys Business College

I am a relative oldie, too, but I don't hate Texas. I have been going to TCU games since 1963, the the 60's and early 70's were the glory years for UT, and with TCU going from mediocre in the 60's to awful in the late 70's, lots of lopsided UT wins then. Still, I really don't hate them. I have worked with and been around UT people all my life and have never had a problem.

But except for the fact that a win over Texas really meant something, I always wanted to beat Baylor more and would pull for Texas over Baylor, especially in the Teaff era. In the 80's after aggy would beat them the week before we played them, Teaff would whine about the officiating in his TV show, then play us and we would get royally done in (trying to avoid the auto censor there) by the officials. BTW, Teaff and Sherrill were the only ones who were really offended by Wacker's letter to the coaches. That should tell you something. Also Baylor was always the dirtiest and worst sportsmen we played every year. It looked like they were trying to emulate Miami.

aggy, however: I have had incident after incident after incident with aggy fans and grads. Very in-your-face with insults. It's like 4 semesters of how to be an aggy jerk is part of the required curriculum. I would even pull for Notre Dame over aggy. Right now I would certainly pull for Baylor or Tech over aggy because BU and TT are in our conference.

So I will be pulling for Texas to stomp Baylor.

I, too, have had some awful run-ins with aggies. Probably even more so than Baylor people. But for me, it's the overwhelming condescension we received from Baylor folks when they were the Big12 doormat and we were building a solid program that pushed Baylor back up into my top hate spot. Aggie at least has some football history. Baylor has nothing. They don't have any significant history, no truly significant wins, and have a ridiculously high opinion of themselves for being such a mediocre program that had to cheat just to get mediocre.

Hate list is probably:
1. Baylor
2. Aggy
3. tu
4. Any SEC team
5. smoo/tech/ou