• The KillerFrogs

Replay of the Tech/TCU game...

SuperTFrog

I was out of town and my DVR didn’t record it because it was recording two episodes of some kid show. Was going to watch it today. I searched YouTube and didn’t see it. Didn’t see any scheduled showings when I searched DirecTV. Any ideas?

CountryFrog

I was out of town and my DVR didn’t record it because it was recording two episodes of some kid show. Was going to watch it today. I searched YouTube and didn’t see it. Didn’t see any scheduled showings when I searched DirecTV. Any ideas?
You can come over to my house and watch it on my DVR while also baby sitting my kids so me and the wife can get out alone together.

froginaustin

Just got home from LBK and watched the Gladney hit. Heck of a hit, textbook tackle. Unfortunate that the tech receiver dropped his head as well and he hit him in the chin. Hope the kid is okay.....but it wasn’t malicious textbook targeting.

I hope the receiver is OK, too. My low-interest-in-TCU-football wife (I'm her only connection to TCU) couldn't understand why that hit was "targeting". She wasn't buying the argument that there is no "OOPS! Didn't really mean to hit the receiver in the head" element to the targeting offense as I understand NCAA rules.

"Didn't really mean to", such as when the receiver ducks at the last minute, would certainly make the rule harder to enforce and likely generate more tiresome reviews, but they review targeting calls anyway. And if a QB goes into a slide late, they're sometimes picking up flags for roughing after a hit on a possibly sliding QB.

Hated to see Gladney tossed for that play. Wife didn't think ejection was fair to him, either.

Ray Finkle

Nice of them to kick this over to private mode today. I paused for the evening when Tech had the lead and now can't watch the remainder of the game. Did we win?

Wexahu

I hope the receiver is OK, too. My low-interest-in-TCU-football wife (I'm her only connection to TCU) couldn't understand why that hit was "targeting". She wasn't buying the argument that there is no "OOPS! Didn't really mean to hit the receiver in the head" element to the targeting offense as I understand NCAA rules.

"Didn't really mean to", such as when the receiver ducks at the last minute, would certainly make the rule harder to enforce and likely generate more tiresome reviews, but they review targeting calls anyway. And if a QB goes into a slide late, they're sometimes picking up flags for roughing after a hit on a possibly sliding QB.

Hated to see Gladney tossed for that play. Wife didn't think ejection was fair to him, either.

I wouldn't have been completely shocked had they not ruled that targeting, but I've seen guys get ejected for less before too. He led with the crown of his head, that is indisputable, and when you do that you're leaving yourself open to targeting whether you aim for the chest or not. All he had to do was lead with the shoulder, that gets you off the hook almost every time.