• The KillerFrogs

Sic'em Jesus? Baylor being Baylor

Mean Purple

Odd that BU did that with a prayer.

Odd that the author thinks there is a constitutional prohibition against prayers by the public universities.

Showtime Joe 2.0

I heard that prayer live on my car radio when I was driving home to watch the game and was disgusted by it. It was the first time I'd ever let loose with a loud [ What the heck? ] in response to a prayer, of all things.

As for showing the schooner crash on their big screen, that was utterly classless but typical Baylor. If someone had asked Rhule if that was a good idea before the game, I would hope that he would've told them not to do it.

But maybe I give Rhule too much credit. I once had to park my car next to a full dumpster and my car smelled like garbage for hours. The longer Rhule stays at Baylor, the more he's going to start to smell as well. For a variety of reasons, I hope he leaves Baylor soon.

Wexahu

I heard that prayer live on my car radio when I was driving home to watch the game and was disgusted by it. It was the first time I'd ever let loose with a loud [ What the heck? ] in response to a prayer, of all things.

As for showing the schooner crash on their big screen, that was utterly classless but typical Baylor. If someone had asked Rhule if that was a good idea before the game, I would hope that he would've told them not to do it.

But maybe I give Rhule too much credit. I once had to park my car next to a full dumpster and my car smelled like garbage for hours. The longer Rhule stays at Baylor, the more he's going to start to smell as well. For a variety of reasons, I hope he leaves Baylor soon.

I would be surprised if he’s not gone after this year. I’m thinking maybe NYG. In any event, he’s going to be a top candidate for any NFL job that comes open, of which there are always at least five or six the day after the season ends. I think he’ll get out while he’s on a high and not risk going backward next year.

Showtime Joe 2.0

Joe, one sports site speculated the USC job would open and Franklin would leave Penn St for that job and Penn St would go after Rhule.
Penn State would certainly be Rhule's dream job since he played for the Nittany Lions. And Franklin is the kind of guy who could be easily lured by the klieg lights of Hollywood. So maybe it will happen.

Froglaw

Odd that BU did that with a prayer.

Odd that the author thinks there is a constitutional prohibition against prayers by the public universities.

Responses:

1) Not really, Baylor does weird stuff. Example, no booze at State Bar Law School events, but will set up a bar outside the meeting Room in the Hallway.

2) Mike went to Oklahoma or is at least a big fan. Not many Con Law classes taught at the trailer park meeting room in Nowater, OK. Or maybe there are?

HToady

I've been there when the invocator prayed, "Lord, be with Baylor today". Don't think this is a new level for Baylor.

Part of which makes them so dislikable.......to everyone.

When the Big 12 was formed, the old Big 8 schools only took a couple of times to establish the same level of hate as all the rest. The beauty is, how pleasurable it is when thay get knocked off that ivory tower. I guess Jesus was a Sooner fan Saturday night.

Mean Purple

Pray for the safety of the players and all at the stadium. Pray for the country and world. Pray for our troops. Thank the man upstairs for giving us another great day.

I'm sure he did what he it in sort of jest, still. Just odd.

Zubaz

Complaining about showing the Schooner crash seems a bit sensitive. Nobody got hurt by that, right? What's the harm there? It's a funny little fail by your opponent. We're not talking about mocking the Aggie bonfire collapse or Marshall plane crash here, right?

The prayer thing though...eesh. It's one thing to say "be with our boys today" or something to that effect, but "Sic Em Jesus"? That's just poor.

Latest posts