• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘He just keeps getting better.’ TCU’s Max Duggan takes another step vs. Texas Tech.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU_Texas_Tech_Football_07808.jfif

‘He just keeps getting better.’ TCU’s Max Duggan takes another step vs. Texas Tech.

By Drew Davison

TCU senior running back Darius Anderson sees the growth on a daily basis.

True freshman quarterback Max Duggan takes strides seemingly every week, win or lose. The latest example came in TCU’s 33-31 victory at Texas Tech on Saturday.

It marked the first time the Horned Frogs have won a game decided by one score and the first time they’ve won a Big 12 road game with Duggan under center.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article237448054.html#storylink=cpy

Ron Swanson

He has balls, moxie, a cannon for an arm, can run like a deer, and appears to be a good leader. He has every single thing you want a QB prospect to have. His accuracy and ability to “see” the field and read a defense needs work right now, but I have no reason to believe that won’t come with time and experience.

He’s gonna be awesome

Moose Stuff

Lots of innate, unteachable talent. And having a coach for a father helps.

The issue may be that whether we get another QB recruit for 2-3 years the way things are now.

Whoa..... we’ll likely get a very solid QB recruit as early as next year (we actually already have one). Anyone signing in the 2021 class will arrive for the spring/fall of Max’s JR year and redshirt. They’ll then be Max’s #2/#3 for his SR year and compete to win the job as a Soph in 2022. Nothing wrong with that. It’s not gonna be any different anywhere else they’re looking for the most part.

Moose Stuff

He has balls, moxie, a cannon for an arm, can run like a deer, and appears to be a good leader. He has every single thing you want a QB prospect to have. His accuracy and ability to “see” the field and read a defense needs work right now, but I have no reason to believe that won’t come with time and experience.

He’s gonna be awesome

The running part doesn’t get discussed enough and I’m not sure anyone really realized it was gonna be as good as it is. I really think this kid has a chance for solid NFL career in front of him.

Limp Lizard

The deep ball to Reagon may have been his best throw all year. Totally in stride, no slow down needed made it a sure TD. Only the official getting in the way could have messed that up...and almost did!

Most of his interceptions have been bad throws (mainly overthrows), not bad decisions. Dalton's (and most young QBS) early ints were usually thrown into multiple coverage. Max's decision making ability is far above the average Freshman's. He just needs experience a good mentor/teacher and OC (sorry, Cumbie).

Eight

The running part doesn’t get discussed enough and I’m not sure anyone really realized it was gonna be as good as it is. I really think this kid has a chance for solid NFL career in front of him.

this, the straight speed was a known coming into the season, but the the elusive nature and instincts he has shown running the ball have been surprising and what has resulted in a number of big runs this year

Froggish

Max is unbelievable. Yesterday was fascinating as the stat lines are going to fool everyone into thinking we have a pretty good OC but when you watch that game you realize that Max truly carried that team. SC did very little to help him. Max as a true freshman is elevating a lame duck OC. That’s about as legendary a thing as I’ve ever seen out of a true freshman.

Jackson

From the archives:

Jan 18, 2019

You guys are making this way too hard. Our future is from Council Bluffs, Ia and his name is MAX! He’ll turn heads this Spring and be our starting QB next Fall.

4 Oaks Frog

Whoa..... we’ll likely get a very solid QB recruit as early as next year (we actually already have one). Anyone signing in the 2021 class will arrive for the spring/fall of Max’s JR year and redshirt. They’ll then be Max’s #2/#3 for his SR year and compete to win the job as a Soph in 2022. Nothing wrong with that. It’s not gonna be any different anywhere else they’re looking for the most part.
Don’t forget...The German is coming!
GO FROGS!
BEAT okie!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Eight

3-4 really talented young quarterbacks playing in the big 12 right now and will be interesting to watch their careers develop over the next few years

Moose Stuff

Max is unbelievable. Yesterday was fascinating as the stat lines are going to fool everyone into thinking we have a pretty good OC but when you watch that game you realize that Max truly carried that team. SC did very little to help him. Max as a true freshman is elevating a lame duck OC. That’s about as legendary a thing as I’ve ever seen out of a true freshman.

You can’t give Max all the credit when it goes well and never give Sonny any. Sonny was fine yesterday.

CountryFrog

Just a few weeks ago there were people here already saying that the staff "missed badly" on Duggan and he didn't have the tools to be a P5 QB.