• The KillerFrogs

Texas is back!

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Except for the muck articles. :D
My thing is this, said it many times, if anyone writes about TCU good or bad I would think we as fans want to know.

Muck is a Schmuck. He is like a shock jock but with a keyboard. Obviously I don't post all of his columns ... and he does occasionally write something complimentary/interesting/insightful about TCU.

But to censure or ban is not right (from a journalist's viewpoint). Don't click, don't read if you choose. It is like choosing what shows to watch or stations to listen to. Move on to another thread. But I think we should know what is being said in the media, especially in what is supposed to be the "hometown" newspaper (which doesn't mean it is supposed to be a homer paper either.)

That is my take and what I believe was/is always the take from Scott and Wes.

Frog DJ

My thing is this, said it many times, if anyone writes about TCU good or bad I would think we as fans want to know.

Muck is a Schmuck. He is like a shock jock but with a keyboard. Obviously I don't post all of his columns ... and he does occasionally write something complimentary/interesting/insightful about TCU.

But to censure or ban is not right (from a journalist's viewpoint). Don't click, don't read if you choose. It is like choosing what shows to watch or stations to listen to. Move on to another thread. But I think we should know what is being said in the media, especially in what is supposed to be the "hometown" newspaper (which doesn't mean it is supposed to be a homer paper either.)

Couldn’t agree more, Top!

Thanks for your dedication to the work.

Go Frogs!

Peacefrog

Degenerate

But what about all the people who will get their feelings hurt because a Mac article is posted? What about the children? The horror.

SwissArmyFrog

Interesting season for them - after his success at Houston & their SB win over Georgia, I thought it was likely the start of better things for them.

4 Oaks Frog

Tops...You do an awesome job on this site, and you are greatly appreciated! You are right. All voices should be heard, even Muck. I am one of the ones, who on almost all occasions, chooses to not read his crap. I can tell where he is headed by just reading his headline. And, it is most always something that smudges my school. What I hope you realize is that we will always moan, complain, snarl and get our backs up every time we see one of his rotten headlines. And, we will post that he should go to hell and never be allowed to have his crap read here. Please don’t take it personally. You are just the messenger, and most of us realize that. The work you do for this site is remarkable. Keep bringing us the info...even the [ Finebaum ] that pisses us off. We will read it or not, and we will [ hundin] about it, because that is what we do. Again, please don’t take it personally...
GO FROGS
BEAT okie!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe](who lost yesterday)!!

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Siruis/XM Sunday guys were ripping Coach Mensa for "doing less with more" at Texas.

Cited all the advantages UT has in money, recruiting, etc. Called Coach Mensa a "mediocre Big 12 coach" when compared to the best coaches in the conference, naming specifically Patterson, Campbell, and Rhule.

Said Herman deserves to be on the Hot Seat list.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Siruis/XM Sunday guys were ripping Coach Mensa for "doing less with more" at Texas.

Cited all the advantages UT has in money, recruiting, etc. Called Coach Mensa a "mediocre Big 12 coach" when compared to the best coaches in the conference, naming specifically Patterson, Campbell, and Rhule.

Said Herman deserves to be on the Hot Seat list.
That was fun to listen to, especially considering that the parent of ESPNU Radio cuts a $30 million check every year to that outfit. They're not getting their money's worth!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Just remember: Without the Rapists making the Cotton Bowl, we wouldn't have that evergreen vid of their kicker getting knocked into oblivion like a cartoon character.

ThisIsOurTime

Even so, you still post too many of his columns. If you posted once a month, nobody would care. You post them every week so people become aware of the pattern. And if you really believe what you posted, you should make it clear in the title that Muck was the author so people wouldn't have to click on it to see. Remember people still can go over to the Startlegram if they really want to read his articles. If you or Killerfrogs are getting compensation for posting his articles, it is one thing. And y'all should be upfront about it if you are. But if you are just giving him tons of free advertising on Killerfrogs Fan Forum, it doesn't make a lot of sense given most people here would prefer to not see his articles.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Even so, you still post too many of his columns. If you posted once a month, nobody would care. You post them every week so people become aware of the pattern. And if you really believe what you posted, you should make it clear in the title that Muck was the author so people wouldn't have to click on it to see. Remember people still can go over to the Startlegram if they really want to read his articles. If you or Killerfrogs are getting compensation for posting his articles, it is one thing. And y'all should be upfront about it if you are. But if you are just giving him tons of free advertising on Killerfrogs Fan Forum, it doesn't make a lot of sense given most people here would prefer to not see his articles.
Just whenever he writes something TCU-related. If that is every day, every week or once a year. It is put there for others to decide if they want to read it or not. I am not a book-burner. I simply choose to ignore things I don't like.

BigPurple87

Exactly